Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty Swatting leads to death of a innocent man in Kansas

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    klash2def said:
    thunderC said:
    Police in the US are so inept and ill-trained common people can troll them into potentially killing other people.

Think real hard about that.
    Everyone is expert after a couple of matches of CSGO, Id love to put you on the streets of Chicago for one week and ask you to keep people safe all while not getting shot yourself, Easier than it sounds im sure to a armchair commando. 

And as far as "preparing for a hoax" such as the one called in where as described by the caller" HE SHOT HIS FATHER IN THE HEAD AND HAD HIS MOTHER AT GUNPOINT AND WAS THREATENING TO BLOW UP THE HOUSE WITH GASOLINE.  Maybe you could enlighten us on how you prepare for such a hoax. If the story is true, and the man was reaching in his waistband whether for a wallet , a pack of gum or his pistol than the shooting was protocol. I know that sounds callous and harsh but ITS A FACT! 

Again the cop is not villian in this story the caller was.
    I'd love to put YOU in the streets of Chicago for one week because you're just sqawking back what some red hat said. Chicago is pretty awesome and safe for the most part. The problem is it has pocket areas with gang violence. I've been from downtown Chi to K-Town, and I see more police in the Chi than K-Town. Now what?

What the hell does that have to do with a civilian being able to exploit and weaponize the police because of their vulnerability and ineptitude? If the ACTUAL military answers these types of calls I'm willing to bet fatalities of this nature don't happen because they're actually TRAINED properly

The caller AND the ill-trained/itchy-fingered/too-"scared"-to-think-rationally police are to blame, and they've only been getting worse as technology gets better.
    Chicago is a beautiful city. Its sad that people think the entire thing is overran with gang bangers and drug dealers. Its really not. But again until they visit and experience it people will just use what they heard as a barometer. Such is the way of the internet. 
    This is what happens when isolated ethnocentric ideologues who don't care about or care to know about other areas or cultures learn everything from trolls on Facebook. 

I'd rather not even have the conversation go this route. A guy who was just minding his business playing video games is dead for no fucking reason at all.
    Exactly
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

edited December 2017
    Wizardry said:
    I never heard this whole story,i assume the cops shot some innocent person,imo that should be a bigger problem or as big as the phone call.
    There has been too often cops  shooting people too quickly and most of the time some excuse and nothing ever done.The police unions are way too strong and another reason why Unions are also a problem.
    Overall there is just way too much wrong in this world,instead of getting better over time,it is getting way worse and yes i blame a LOT on parents.I been around a long time and known a LOT of people like quite a lot and i have seen the reasons first hand why kids grow up bad apples and this stems right into the police force as well having known them for years having played hockey on the police team and drink with them for years.

i guess my last point has to do with the police system,there are some really good people inside that system,like i said i know of many,like really good people but there are some i would not allow to be a cop if was the last choice in the world.Their mentality is not screened that is a big problem,their tendencies on how to react,hiring practices are often family,sure your hired just pass this tainted physical.It goes even into racism as well and of course that is a problem inside of police unions and in the general public,difference being cops wield guns everyday and the general public does not.

Before anyone tries to defend the cop,i will say this,there SHOULD be a SAFE and defense type system in place if there is any chance of a hostile situation,it should NEVER be a case where some gun toting cop runs in guns a blazing.So even if there is a fake call,safe "for all" actions are taken.I have said MANY times that in all of these controversial cop shootings,if that was a cops dad or son they would NEVER 100% never go in guns blazing.Point being that not everyone is treated equally and they should be.
    I agree with you. I know a lot of good police officers that do the right thing. But there are a lot who also dont. A lot of crooked cops that take bribes, racists with badges, pimps, drug dealers etc.. somehow get by and get badges. Thats the reality.

There IS a defense system in place for hostile situations and its called ROE. The basic idea of it without going into full detail is Verify Information, Deescalate the situation. Shooting with caliber weapon is the last option. They even have pellet guns for christ sakes.

As I said and keep saying..  Verify is where the officer fucked up. He didn't verify anything and its very obvious. The PD knows it and are going to try to cover their asses before the story really goes national. Its not CNN/MSNBC/FOX level yet. They gotta get their story straight in case that happens. 

The most that should have happened is Verify, then use non lethal force on the suspect. After that they would have searched the house to discover all their intel was negative/wrong. The family still would have a civil claim against city for taser but considering the prank call that was the only option. Again.. police are supposed to be better at stopping bullshit gamer pranks than we are. No excuse. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I don't think you can charge the caller with murder, as you can't prove that he intended for the victim to be killed.  Involuntary manslaughter fits, and that carries a pretty stiff sentence, too.

But this situation would have also justified prison time for the caller even if no one had been shot.  What the caller did was extremely dangerous.  I don't know if we have an appropriate law on the books to deal with the situation where a swatting results in only some fear and tense moments.  Filing a false police report is too weak, as swatting someone is far worse than falsely telling the police that you were mugged and wasting their time without risking anyone's life.

I don't think that you can justify criminal charges for the officer unless something far worse comes out.  Making a serious mistake in what you reasonably believe to be an extremely dangerous situation can justify firing for incompetence or reassigning the officer to a position that doesn't involve such tense situations, but not criminal charges.  The latter would require proving beyond a reasonable doubt that he did not reasonably believe even for a moment that the victim was likely reaching for a gun.  Beyond a reasonable doubt is a tough standard in situations like this.

------------------------------------------------------------

If we're going to turn this into a discussion of police violence, then it's important to remember that there's an enormous amount of selection bias going on here.  When police get sent into dangerous situations like this, there are several possible outcomes:

1)  The police successfully defuse the situation and no one is physically injured.
    2)  The police shoot an innocent victim.
    3)  The police shoot a criminal and were justified in doing so.
    4)  The criminal shoots the police, who would well have been justified in shooting the criminal had they realized what was going on.

You could perhaps put some intermediate situations in that involve unfortunate physical force far shy of shooting someone.  What's important to realize is that #1 is nearly always what happens, but we rarely hear about it when it does.  I saw an article that estimated that there are 400 swattings per year.  Part of the point of a swatting is to lead the police to believe that they're going into as dangerous of a situation as possible.  And still, it's rare for a swatting to lead to someone dying.
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited December 2017
    klash2def said:
    . A guy who was just minding his business playing video games is dead for no fucking reason at all.
    Just to clarify i'll explain what happened to you cause im not sure you actually read the story, not that it really matters but, 

Basement dweller 1 fights with basement dweller 2 over call of duty match, Basement dweller1  threatens Basement dweller 2, Basement dweller 2 says "O Yeah then come to my house and do it" he then proceeds to give fake address of some random guy HE DOESNT KNOW to basement dweller 1, Basement dweller 1 calls police and says the following " HE SHOT HIS FATHER IN THE HEAD AND HAD HIS MOTHER AT GUNPOINT AND WAS THREATENING TO BLOW UP THE HOUSE WITH GASOLINE. "

police arrive at random guys house assuming he is basement dweller 2, tragedy occurs 

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    edited December 2017
    My beef is why is SWAT going in guns blazing and not asking serious questions... like "Hey, is this maybe a prank? What does my intuition say?" Instead, they are so trigger happy they really don't care - and "we" do not hold these idiots with guns accountable.

Absolutely ridiculous a guy is murdered by a SWAT team and these idiots continue to fall for these pranks. SWAT doesn't care. They just want to blast a m-fer.

The trigger man should be in prison, and the captain(whoever is in charge) should be fired/resign immediately.
    SBFordAsm0deusDakeru
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Golelorn said:
    My beef is why is SWAT going in guns blazing and not asking serious questions... like "Hey, is this maybe a prank? What does my intuition say?" Instead, they are so trigger happy they really don't care - and "we" do not hold these idiots with guns accountable.

Absolutely ridiculous a guy is murdered by a SWAT team and these idiots continue to fall for these pranks. SWAT doesn't care. They just want to blast a m-fer.

The trigger man should be in prison, and the captain(whoever is in charge) should be fired/resign immediately.
    Damn let says its real, he got them all tied and under gunshot. Opens with a smile swat asks hey is this maybe a prank? Yes mr policeman, have a nice day.

edited December 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    Golelorn said:

Damn let says its real, he got them all tied and under gunshot. Opens with a smile swat asks hey is this maybe a prank? Yes mr policeman, have a nice day.
    What? That's not how investigations are done, buddy. There is a reason we have due process, and it certainly looks like it was not followed here. 

You seem to be OK with innocent people getting shot in their doorway. I am not.
    Asm0deus
    edited December 2017
    Golelorn said:

It wasnt SWAT. Its called "swatting" because these kids don't know the difference. That was the PD that showed up. From my understanding (I need to verify this with my sheriff brother) only the PD can call in SWAT not a civilian. SWAT is part of the PD like a TRT they respond to shooter situations that the police cant handle, and all of them are police officers normally. SWAT is just a assignment. 

So a person cant call 911 and ask for SWAT to come. It doesnt work that way, I can get a better answer today but Im 100% sure a gamer cant just call SWAT. The PD makes that call. But again they are supposed to verify all info too..

Other than that, I agree with you though, its ridiculous that this happened over a video game. Worse that the police couldn't sort that out before taking this man's life. 

I have a familiar feeling that this will be swept under the rug and nobody will be held accountable. The kid they are for sure going to max him out as far as the punishment can go but the killer will get nothing at all. 
    GolelornAsm0deus

Golelorn said:

Because sometimes it's not a prank.  In the United States, about 100-200 police officers die on the job each year.  If you're an officer and go into a situation where you're confronting a criminal who will kill you if given a chance, you'd better pull the trigger quickly enough to stop him or you'll be dead.

Distinguishing between an innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time, a criminal who will cooperate with an arrest, and a very dangerous criminal who will try to kill the police that confront him is not always easy to do in the heat of the moment.
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Just a quick update on this story and getting back to what the tragedy is really about, The kid (grown man 25) who called in the swat apparently was arrested in California and does this swatting for money, people hire him to swat others ( for 5-20 bucks) and he openly brags about it on his twitter page which i wont link but is easy to find if you go to reddit or just a simple google search. The big Argument the swatter is making on his twitter is its the police fault and he should be set free...... /sigh 
    MrMelGibson
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited December 2017
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

Because sometimes it's not a prank.  In the United States, about 100-200 police officers die on the job each year.  If you're an officer and go into a situation where you're confronting a criminal who will kill you if given a chance, you'd better pull the trigger quickly enough to stop him or you'll be dead.

Distinguishing between an innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time, a criminal who will cooperate with an arrest, and a very dangerous criminal who will try to kill the police that confront him is not always easy to do in the heat of the moment.
    He was in his home. He was not confronting a criminal - FACT. Even if he was there is due process in the US. That is the problem with that type of mentality. Its actually not OK to kill an innocent person even if you are a cop.
    klash2def
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    The person doing the "swatting"... Just give them the exact same experince as the victim... If it ends lethal.. well.. at least they will not do it again. 
    RexKushmanMrMelGibsonJeffSpicoli

This have been a good conversation

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    thunderC said:
    Just a quick update on this story and getting back to what the tragedy is really about, The kid (grown man 25) who called in the swat apparently was arrested in California and does this swatting for money, people hire him to swat others ( for 5-20 bucks) and he openly brags about it on his twitter page which i wont link but is easy to find if you go to reddit or just a simple google search. The big Argument the swatter is making on his twitter is its the police fault and he should be set free...... /sigh 
    Wow.  In addition to the obvious disgusting things about this, I also find it absolutely disgusting that no one else reported this guy before this point.  Because I'm pretty sure that having a swatting business is illegal (understatement) and immoral yet this guy's managed to be in business for a while.  Even after being convicted of a false bomb thread earlier.

Bystander syndrome and our justice system can be a sad pathetic thing sometimes.

Well, at least he (probably) isn't getting away this time.  Too bad it took something this ridiculously obvious and horrible to bring us to that point, though.
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibson
    Golelorn said:
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

He was in his home. He was not confronting a criminal - FACT. Even if he was there is due process in the US. That is the problem with that type of mentality. Its actually not OK to kill an innocent person even if you are a cop.
    The problem is that the police didn't know that it was a prank.  If they had, they wouldn't have dispatched an officer to the man's house in the first place.  You can't reasonably expect the police to have perfect knowledge of every situation.

Mistakes are going to be made, and serious ones, and there are trade-offs involved.  The police being quicker to pull the trigger means that they'll shoot innocent people more often.  The police not being as quick to pull the trigger means that they'll get shot and killed by criminals more often.  The police not responding to the call at all will mean that sometimes there is an active shooter and more innocent people are murdered by a criminal that the police could have stopped if they had responded to the call.  You can try to minimize the mistakes with better training and recruitment, and they absolutely do try to do that.  But it's impossible to eliminate the mistakes entirely, as they have to make a snap decision with imperfect information.
    JeffSpicoliAsm0deus
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    If it's not swatting... it's something else.  Stupid people like to do stupid things... stupidity has evolved into an art form... so much so that it's now a protected class.

JeffSpicoli
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

Only there was no evidence of the man being a criminal so I will stop there. 
    Dakeru

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    klash2def said:
    Horusra said:
    klash2def said:
    SBFord said:

I hope that the investigation leads to a conviction of the guy in LA and a thorough investigation of how the hell he was shot in the first place. There seems to be a disconnect between the mother's story and the police version.
    This always happens when the police kill someone. To justify the dead body. They said he was reaching for his waist..I find it hard to believe a confused man who did not own a weapon would be reaching for his waist in that situation. The truth is closer to the man being confused because the police were at his front door. Any of us would be confused. The policeman who shot him (even though he was tricked) didnt ask any questions, he shot the man because he was latino and the story fit the perp in his mind. This happens far too often for me to believe otherwise. That's a whole other bag to unpack.

I do not believe one second the police version. The mother is telling the truth. Imagine the police show up at your door, would your first reaction be to grab a imaginary gun and open the door reaching for your waist? really? That's the story they came with. smh..
    Police. Are. Trigger. Happy. 

But still..None of this happens without that idiotic kid

Too bad body worn cameras have proved you false in most cases.  People should instead follow directions and not do stupid stuff.
    wtf are you talking about? Did you think before writing that, or did something trigger you?

Do you not see how many people are killed without cause and yes on body camera? You actually think a body camera stops police from killing people? You probably also think the people getting killed are isolated cases even though its thousands a year. 

Im not even going to unpack what you said, just google it. There are so many cases where police kill innocents especially Black Men and get away with it that its laughable. Its easy to get away with murder when the DA wont even take the case to trial. 

"Follow Directions" ? "Not do stupid stuff"? HUH? What did this guy do that was stupid and wasnt following directions.. furthermore what did he do that deemed a police officer to open fire on him at his house? I'll wait for this because I know you are gonna try to deflect.

There are so MANY cases where the police say put your hands up, the man puts his hands up, police still shoot, they always say some bullshit like "i was scared." or "I smelled weed" as if somehow it justifies not following the ROE and shooting an unarmed man. You do realize that even if you don't follow directions, an officer cannot shoot you if you pose no threat. The most they can do is taser. They cannot shoot you with a caliber weapon.

I already know what your comment is about and what you are eluding to but Im going to leave that for you to deal with on your own. 

Wrong is wrong period, stop justifying the bullshit and blaming the victims.

Edit: I really hate when people try to make themselves look smart by saying dumb shit. 
    100% full of absolute shit. Stop race-baiting and spewing ignorant, vile crap. You fit your own last sentence to a 'T'. 

I honestly hope the next time you need a cop, you can't find one. 
    RexKushman

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Golelorn said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Golelorn said:

What? That's not how investigations are done, buddy. There is a reason we have due process, and it certainly looks like it was not followed here. 

You seem to be OK with innocent people getting shot in their doorway. I am not.
    Dunno I watch criminal minds..
    CryomatrixMrMelGibsonCalaruil

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2017
    For stupid shit like this is why i wish death sentence was in place.

These little f***ng swatters should be considered criminals at the same level of  people who commit other high risk crimes.

Give this little fucker the lethal injection, see how many will try swatting again.
    RexKushman

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

I don't know anybody who has ever thought it's an easy job. And yet, that's still the job. Overworked, underpaid, often stressful, sometimes dangerous, and our society depends on them. The same can be said for any number of careers, but law enforcement sometimes seems to stand alone for one reason: when their training fails them at the worst possible time and someone ends up dead due to human error, they often face no consequences and the broken family just has to move on as if their loved one died in some natural disaster even while knowing there is a single individual responsible for it.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    edited December 2017
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

The problem is that the police didn't know that it was a prank.  If they had, they wouldn't have dispatched an officer to the man's house in the first place.  You can't reasonably expect the police to have perfect knowledge of every situation.

Mistakes are going to be made, and serious ones, and there are trade-offs involved.  The police being quicker to pull the trigger means that they'll shoot innocent people more often.  The police not being as quick to pull the trigger means that they'll get shot and killed by criminals more often.  The police not responding to the call at all will mean that sometimes there is an active shooter and more innocent people are murdered by a criminal that the police could have stopped if they had responded to the call.  You can try to minimize the mistakes with better training and recruitment, and they absolutely do try to do that.  But it's impossible to eliminate the mistakes entirely, as they have to make a snap decision with imperfect information.
    I keep saying this. ROE. The officer had no business drawing his caliber weapon on a unarmed man. He knows that. He could have tased him, you know non-lethal force? Ever heard of that? Tased the man, cuff him then continue to verify the intel.. he would have quickly saw how wrong they were and it was prank. The man would be hurt but alive. I dont buy that this is a mistake, that officer made a conscious choice. He shot that man when he didnt need to. Non lethal would have worked in this situation but he chose to shoot with a caliber weapon. WHY? 

Why do people assume that a police badge is a license to kill at will? Its not. Its a license to kill if situation cannot deescalate. Police are not cowboys. The ones who think they are, are very dangerous. Again. 

Police only make mistakes when they get caught. Imagine a 7 year old child holding a bb gun sitting on a swing at a park. Imagine a grown man officer pulling out his gun and shooting the boy because he thought the little boy was going to shoot him. Is that a mistake? How can it be? Its a child sitting on a swing not pointing his toy gun.

oh yea thats a true story btw. 

How can this be a mistake when the man opens the door, wasnt expecting police, he had no weapon, wasn't doing anything at all that would be considered a threat, but still end up dead?

How much you wanna bet if this dead guy has any record at all they are gonna dig it up to try to paint the picture that he was a bad guy? You know why right?  Okay cool. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2017
    I think the police officer should be charged for killing an innocent unarmed person. It shows USA is doing a poor job training their officers as they keep shooting unarmed people all over the place. In addition, the motherf****ng swatter needs a bullet in his face. I hope he gets it after serving jail time, or even while inside.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Quizzical said:
    Golelorn said:

That's not an excuse for bad behavior and gross incompetence leading to an innocent getting killed in his doorstep.

Cops are "suppose" to be trained for these situation and to be able to make these "split second" decisions, they are suppose to follow a higher standard of behavior so they can fulfill their vows to "serve and protect". 

Sadly what is going in the USA is that far too many officers are putting "their lives" above those they are suppose to be serving and protecting and some people stupidly applaud this in the name of kissing the blues backside.

rojoArcueid

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Rosenborg said:
    klash2def said:
    SBFord said:

I hope that the investigation leads to a conviction of the guy in LA and a thorough investigation of how the hell he was shot in the first place. There seems to be a disconnect between the mother's story and the police version.
    I find it hard to believe a confused man who did not own a weapon would be reaching for his waist in that situation.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-shows-daniel-shaver-sobbing-and-begging-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/

I thought about that question when I heard about this case. I guess it's just something you don't really think about, happens out of instinct.

Insightful, unfortunate results but this video highlights something I always told my children, when dealing with the police always listen carefully, don't talk back, and do "exactly" what they tell you, especially if its a guns drawn situation. 

This kid reached behind his back after first putting his hands down on the floor (they could have shot him at this point) despite being told to not put his hands down for any reason, even if he had to fall face down on the floor.

I carry my handgun in the exact place he reached his right hand behind his back so the police are not wrong to be concerned,  though I still think this was an extraordinary over reaction by police that should be calmer than they appeared to be.

Might not have been something they could be convicted on, but they should never work in law enforcement again, its clear they lack the nerve for it.

So the same could have happened in this case, was mentioned the man killed was Latino,  he may not have understood English and didnt follow instructions.

As mentioned, a different problem and a serious one here in the US, which affects all of us.

Asm0deusklash2defConstantineMerusJeffSpicoliMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

klash2def said:
    Horusra said:
    klash2def said:
    SBFord said:

This always happens when the police kill someone. To justify the dead body. They said he was reaching for his waist..I find it hard to believe a confused man who did not own a weapon would be reaching for his waist in that situation. The truth is closer to the man being confused because the police were at his front door. Any of us would be confused. The policeman who shot him (even though he was tricked) didnt ask any questions, he shot the man because he was latino and the story fit the perp in his mind. This happens far too often for me to believe otherwise. That's a whole other bag to unpack.

I do not believe one second the police version. The mother is telling the truth. Imagine the police show up at your door, would your first reaction be to grab a imaginary gun and open the door reaching for your waist? really? That's the story they came with. smh..
    Police. Are. Trigger. Happy. 

But still..None of this happens without that idiotic kid

Too bad body worn cameras have proved you false in most cases.  People should instead follow directions and not do stupid stuff.
    wtf are you talking about? Did you think before writing that, or did something trigger you?

Do you not see how many people are killed without cause and yes on body camera? You actually think a body camera stops police from killing people? You probably also think the people getting killed are isolated cases even though its thousands a year. 

Im not even going to unpack what you said, just google it. There are so many cases where police kill innocents especially Black Men and get away with it that its laughable. Its easy to get away with murder when the DA wont even take the case to trial. 

"Follow Directions" ? "Not do stupid stuff"? HUH? What did this guy do that was stupid and wasnt following directions.. furthermore what did he do that deemed a police officer to open fire on him at his house? I'll wait for this because I know you are gonna try to deflect.

There are so MANY cases where the police say put your hands up, the man puts his hands up, police still shoot, they always say some bullshit like "i was scared." or "I smelled weed" as if somehow it justifies not following the ROE and shooting an unarmed man. You do realize that even if you don't follow directions, an officer cannot shoot you if you pose no threat. The most they can do is taser. They cannot shoot you with a caliber weapon.

I already know what your comment is about and what you are eluding to but Im going to leave that for you to deal with on your own. 

Wrong is wrong period, stop justifying the bullshit and blaming the victims.

Edit: I really hate when people try to make themselves look smart by saying dumb shit. 
    100% full of absolute shit. Stop race-baiting and spewing ignorant, vile crap. You fit your own last sentence to a 'T'. 

I honestly hope the next time you need a cop, you can't find one. 
    I don't know what I did to you for this response but okay.. let it out?

Answer me this: Why is anything I said there race baiting? Everything I said is true. You are angry because its true and that makes you uncomfortable. Its okay. Its uncomfortable for everyone. There are a lot of harsh truths about this country. 

Ignorant ? Vile ? No.. Truth yes. The dude said people should follow directions and stop doing stupid shit. Im pointing out the truth that even when people "follow directions" they still get killed. This is a fact. I don't care if you believe it. Stay mad I guess? 

The next time I need a cop, (Which I hope I never do) I pray that its a good cop who wants to help me not one who thinks like this guy or yourself. I didn't say all cops are bad, a lot are though. Read the entire thread before you start getting triggered. Ive said this in multiple posts.

This discussion has been closed.