Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I quit the Industry | Clint Richardson - Game Dev

RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

Comments

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I am surprised there have been no replies to this one.
    Raquis
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited December 2017
    Him equating a drone pilot to what he does is a bit silly. That he is directly responsible or responsible by assosiaction. I don’t see issue with what he says about the Pig scenario per say. I couldn’t work at a slaughter house for instance.  Not to say I can’t or wouldn’t butcher my own kills. I have but I know those animals died humanely as possible. Basically they never saw it coming. Dispatched quickly. No abuse. i eat meat though if I watch some slaughter house videos that are not Humane I tend to loose my appetite for a few days. I could not work that job either. 

That said he might have some points to games numbing SOME people. I think that is more on those people and their upbringing than any game.  Most people have plenty of empathy and a good sense of right and wrong.  I think he has just seen or took part in some stuff that bothers so made life changes. Pigs scream when you force them to do something that they don’t like not necessarily hurting them.  That said his story reminded me of a grenade range in South Korea.  About 1/8 - 1/4 mile from the range was a pig farm. I don’t know what that farmer was doing but that screaming, wow. It made me kind of wonder wtf was going on over there but then I thought do I really want to know. Given differences in animal rights ect. I still eat bacon but good grief. 

Different things bother people differently.  

Here is is a great example of a cup half full or seeing it as half empty.  Some surgeons play games to help with coordination. But let’s be honest. His role is pretty small in either scenario if he has any role at all. But whatever makes him happy we are all different.
    Post edited by Hulluck on
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i just wanted to put this out there, it's sad these things that are going on in the world and people are oblivious.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Unless he is a vegetarian, I find it a bit hypocrite.
    so if you eat meat you subscribe to animals being tortured you are a retard sir.
    AAAMEOW said:
    Unless he is a vegetarian, I find it a bit hypocrite.
    you are a retard if i eat meat i don't say please torture the animal`s meat i am going to eat to death before i eat it, dumb retarded argument and idiots like you will make any excuse just to play dumb games you will implant chips in your brain also just to play games,so basically you would sell your souls just to play these dumb games they make you are pathetic.
    I watched some animal activist trying to punish a man for torturing rabbit.  He just responded with a grim, next time I'll just eat it. 

According to the law it is wrong to torture rabbit, but if you eat it after it's legal.  Go figure. 
    Watch the whole thing.  Restore your humanity.

Raquis
    Evil in the Last Days
    1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2Formen will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful,arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,…