Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Concurrent Users Set a New Record of 3M Online - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteam Concurrent Users Set a New Record of 3M Online - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds News - The latest Steam Game & Player Statistics page reveals yet another PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds record for PC: Over three million players were logged into the game concurrently on Steam in the last several hours. This smashes its month old record of 2.8M concurrent users.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I have no idea how PUBG is so popular.
    AeanderOzmodannameuserSBFordRexKushmanArskaaaNephethJunglecharlyAgent_JosephBalianWolfieand 3 others.
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    The adrenaline of the Chicken dinner is really why I love to play the game. The model is simple and fun, a great way to blow off some steam.
    nameuser
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I just bought this after loads of people badgered me into it. I am not sure but since I like fps games for a bit of mindless fun this may work
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The adrenaline of the Chicken dinner is really why I love to play the game. The model is simple and fun, a great way to blow off some steam.
    You could also look at it from another viewpoint, it gets boring very fast.
    aghyutza
  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Its just a fun game and it plays better than the other battleroyale games that came before it. imo
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Wow this game is going places. Maybe I should give it a try one of these days. My aim isn't what it used to be, but my will would make up for it! :sunglasses:
    wingood
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tons of difficult to detect cheats,that attracts a lot of gamer's.Even the simple recoil script is an advantage to aiming with multiple shots.Trigger bots ..lol you won't know the difference,you'll think mad aiming skills.

When i last played COD a game i loved,it got to the point there was at least one cheat in every single match,so i just quit fps for good.

Here is something laughable,their anti cheat is banning 42,000 a day and it is not even good anti cheat,imagine how many it is not catching.Personally,i would just stay away because the really good scripts that are not openly shared online will almost never get detected.
    BruceYeeRovnGrindcoreTHRALLfenring101

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    Good game when played fairly.

Sadly its subject to rampant cheating and when playing against players that run 3rd party cheats or lag switching, its lame.

Yeah that's the reason I'd rather wait for a PS4 release. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Wow this game is going places. Maybe I should give it a try one of these days. My aim isn't what it used to be, but my will would make up for it! :sunglasses:
    I red somewhere you can win from only hiding. Maybe I will try it but im bad at aiming.
    ConstantineMerus

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    I wouldn't say the game is great. The PUBG group better be thanking Twitch streamers/Youtubers/others for how amusing they make the game look.
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Dragnelus said:

I red somewhere you can win from only hiding. Maybe I will try it but im bad at aiming.

Yup wait out the 99 other people then try to kill the last guy . That is of course if you make it to that last circle ;)
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    They've also officially banned 1.5 million cheaters which must be close to being another record.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    jazz.be said:
    I guess now that they fixed female character genitalia more people picked it up... lol
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Feels bad for H1Z1 :p
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited December 2017
    People are bitching about the lack of region lock to keep Chinese hackers out who exploit the latency; though I have a feeling even if they did region lock the game the hackers would still persist.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    DrDream
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I'm probably the only person on the planet who has zero interest in playing this game . I got my fill playing h1z1 and the arma zombie mod 
    SBFord
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2017

jazz.be said:

bc it's purely pvp.
    if you are a pve player, no need to understand it :)

ah, and explains why the steam VAC bans raised to.... ungodly heights lately :open_mouth:

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2017

jazz.be said:

Cuz its the one game where you can say the "N" Word on and other things and not get banned. More Less an adult game people trash talk, being anonymous and fighting people, ruining peoples days in a 1 man vs squad is fun... Only complaint character creation and costumes need to be improved.
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Well I tried it last night, rampant cheats would explain a couple of my deaths but to be honest I watch death cams on most and they looked fair...
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

thunderC said:

I'm probably the only person on the planet who has zero interest in playing this game . I got my fill playing h1z1 and the arma zombie mod 

No you're not. Me too. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Mykell said:

They've also officially banned 1.5 million cheaters which must be close to being another record.

lol awesome glad to see a legitimate anti-cheat actually getting rid of the scumbags...
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

jazz.be said:

I dont get how you can't. Look how popular CoD use to be, it was only a matter of time till someone made a game that really got the people playing it and talking about it. With that said this has to be chump change compared to CoD during its peak of popularity.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

DMKano said:

Good game when played fairly.

Sadly its subject to rampant cheating and when playing against players that run 3rd party cheats or lag switching, its lame.

Yeah that's the reason I'd rather wait for a PS4 release. 

Did you see how badly it went on Xbox? i mean maybe its better then since i havnt seen recent footage of it. on release it was maxing 15fps or so on the newest console/strongest can only imagine wat would happen on ps4 not saying its not a strong system not that i know the stats of either but in any case i dont see it happening since we havnt heard what kind of numbers they are getting on xbox.
    ConstantineMeruswingood

• la2onela2one Member CommonPosts: 1
    best game ever
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    edited December 2017

You can. As someone who's also terrible at aiming I can vouch. Wona game once by hiding under a tractor for 10 minuets. Then crept slowly around a mountain before shooting the last guy in the side while he was looking another direction, missed him twice, shot 3 times the entire game.

Granted being good at shooting makes the game ALOT easier. I spend games geting eleminated early in gunfights right off the plane, but it is an FPS. It's also fun sometimes just to run into the mess with a pistol and see what happens. That's another reason the game is so popular, you can get into a gun-fight, die, and be dropping in on the next game in three or four mins.