Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MikeB's Most Anticipated Games of 2018 - Michael Bitton - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This clip has a few various quotes from devs (some also who have/currently work for EA) as to not only the direction of the gaming direction itself but EA's direction as well (only posting this so people dont think that people are just speculating that companies are going in micro-transaction/loot box direction, you'll hear it from the horse's mouth):

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Dvora said:
    Torval said:
    Thane said:
    not so sure what to think about anthem anymore, EA kinda blew it :)

anyone actually thinking there will NOT be any kind of p2w?
    People don’t mind the P2W in Warframe why would they mind it in Anthem?

Gamers are upset at the idea of being milked and having to pay more. People say they care about pay to win, but most don’t. 
    SILENCE PLEB!  We are the majority, do not go around spreading rumors to the contrary or EA and others will think it's ok to continue milking every penny they can.  Do not be part of the problem.
    Meh. Gamers with deep pockets (or who are willing to throw their entire wellfare cheque at the game) are why companies grow more greedy by the minute. If SC and other not even yet existing titles can make so much dough from micro transactions, why wouldn't the big companies try the same? Not to mention it's gamers who've effectively killed Mass Effect and single player Bioware RPGs going forward with tantrums over the story content, while throwing buckets of money at the MP's loot boxes. Who would've ever figured EA would come to the conclusion that not only do they make more money off the MP, but focusing on that content exclusively will also end the whining the SP parts enduce?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    A switch MMO - Anything!
    Classic WoW
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I read Steam Reviews. I read the lengthy ones that write out their reasons for clearly liking or disliking a game. I think they have been incredibly useful for my purchases.
    [Deleted User]DavodtheTutt
    Chamber of Chains
  • noll1ngtonnoll1ngton Member UncommonPosts: 32

This site really needs to change its name from MMORPG to RandomGameListGenerator.com
    SBFordXarkoKyleran
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited December 2017
    Vermintide 2
    Monster Hunter World
    Pantheon (tho thats not really 2018)

Dragon Ball Fighter Z (Arc System Works NAILED IT!)

NAAAAAAAAIL !
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Been a major useless year for MMORPG's been playing all the backed up pile of single player games I have been meaning to finish, and hoping that Borderlands 3 comes out late 2018 as per some slim chance rumours, because the pickings are slim for 2018 otherwise.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    The game I'm looking forwards to (in a few years) is Ember.

http://crixa.io/emberthegame/

Other than that, nothing looks like its going to work out. Especially with EA and Activision playing to their share holders, rather than their players/customers.

Given past history, their divide and conquer tactic will continue to pay off for them. Until it doesn't... Anyone else remember the gaming crash of 1984?
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Another year of not much to look forward to. :(

Joined - July 2004

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

This site really needs to change its name from MMORPG to RandomGameListGenerator.com
    I like the fact they primarily focus on MMO's but also cover games outside the genre
    MikeB
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• HMackenzieHMackenzie Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Anthem for me <3 I gave up on Wild West Online ever becoming a mmo.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    I do wonder how late into development EA will leave revealing Anthems "real" business model, because as we have seen recently... their plan isn't to really make their money off the initial purchases of the titles, its after, deep into the games progression system.

Im sure EA is looking at BF2 and seeing themselves making a huge mistake revealing it in beta and makes me wonder the level of deception they are going to deploy to hide it in Anthem until the latest possible moment. Could easily see them taking a page from Bethesda's old book and issue no reviews until launch day and very limited betas.
  • claytondoraclaytondora Member UncommonPosts: 28
    How the hell did Anthem make it to the top of the List.

It's Basically Destiny 3. Who is actually excited about that tired & generic attempt at a cash cow?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    How the hell did Anthem make it to the top of the List.

It's Basically Destiny 3. Who is actually excited about that tired & generic attempt at a cash cow?
    There is nothing wrong conceptually with Destiny. There is a fantastic game at its core, but it's held back into mediocrity by poor writing, repetitive content design, and a very poor business model.

I think most of us here are cautiously optimistic (at best) for Anthem. There is a desire for a MMOFRP or MMOTPS that is content rich and has a strong endgame. I believe most of us interested in this have long since given up on Destiny to become that game. It seems to be increasingly unlikely that Anthem will become that game either. However, with the future being uncertain, there exists some hope that an interesting concept could be properly delivered on. 
    MadFrenchie
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Albatroes said:
    Asheram said:
    1. Mount & Blade Bannerlord
    2. Red Dead Redemption 2
    RDR2 = Rockstar
    GTAV Online = Rockstar
    I'm sorry my friend but....I'm sure the base game will be good! and will probably have an online....poor poor GTAV online...
    I'm sorry my friend but those are still my most anticipated games for 2018
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Myrdynn said:

sad day that no MMO's make an MMORPG list

We need good developers to make good MMOS,very few of them,instead look at Twitch all those top rated games are super low budget games.They are popular for the Esport.

The problem seems to stem further into investors and publishers as they definitely have no part of the game design or idea,they simply become a part to profit from,why we get so many cash shop games and games rushed into market.

So we will need a developer that can stand on it's own two feet "very few",no sense for Blizzard,Square already said they won't be,who is left,Zeni has TESO,NCSOFT rushes everything out the door and never has depth in their games since L2.
    I can't imagine where this great MMO will come from,Crowfall is lol,Pantheon won't be it they don't have the budget anything left?It really doesn't look good for the mmorpg market,this site knows it,hence the added games into it's portfolio and the addition of hardware reviews.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I am waiting for Pantheon, and having a great time back in EQ2 while waiting.
    MikeB