Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's This About CCP Making a 'New & Highly Ambitious MMORPG'? - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    CCP has a long way to go fro me to even look in their direction. good Luck.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    lahnmir said:
    They'll be taking over Pathfinder Online for a relaunch. Heard it here first guys  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    lul

Even team that was hired knew it was a bad idea,they only took it because it was a job..money,they told her it was going to cost a lot more to do it right.So imo that ship has sailed forever,bad decision out of the gate.

This will not be a costly venture,i feel the careful use of the words "highly ambitious"were purposely chosen to give the impression of big and costly.I fully expect a low budget game and seeing how these guys aimed at ISK right off the hop and how it has been scrutinized for years as a shotty operation,i feel more the same incoming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    After so many failed games and Incarna expansion CCP can't fool no one but their investors that they won't just lose more millions $$$ without making anything even remotely interesting to mass market.
    Agent_Joseph

Thank you for your time!

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    You should have heard my laughter when I read 'ambitious' and 'CCP'.

Really? No, really? So, WoD was not ambitious enough and you scraped it? And now, of course, time for a real challenge...

Well, of course it might mean they hiring for LEGION, but... Gah!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well if my shotty memory serves me the Wod ordeal was canceled because they lost so much money working on Dust or am i getting it wrong?Which would mean they didn't really want to cancel it but 2 things,no money or couldn't find any investor to partner with.

To really show the state of gaming and investors and why everything is a cash shop now,look at the hype list #7 is closed down,never even made it out of the kickstarter phase.So gamer's hyped it up, a game that never will be and obviously investors did not want in either.

So do we really feel excited about this news or just expect more of the same old junk with cash shops?Personally i can get a real good feel for when a dev is serious about a game,i don't get that feeling ..yet.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    If it wasn't for World of Darkness getting the axe, I'd be excited for this news. Seems everyone else feels a similar way as well, not surprised.
    RolanStormAzaron_Nightblade
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    When will the Kickstarter campaign be announced?
    Sad thing is......they'd get it too.
    MadFrenchie
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Been a Eve player since 2005 and have listened to CCP through the years, and if I was to compare CCP to a family relative I would go for the very quirky but funny uncle, that's always a laugh at family gatherings, but no one in the family would lend them money or trust them to babysit a cat.

I have at times seen more business skills in the homeless dude pushing the shopping cart and calculating how many cents he is going to get from all the empty cans and bottles he has gathered in order to get more booze.

SO CCP the mad quirky alcoholic homeless uncle figure, queue mental image, queue kickstarter advert and sit back with popcorn.
    ManWithNoTan

• MetroboMetrobo Member UncommonPosts: 31
    It will be interesting to see what they are making. As they have already laid off a lot of people and a lot in their VR department, its really interesting to see what their next steps will be. I don't think they will make the same mistakes.

With what they specialize in I expect it to be an MMO that has something to do with outer space.
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Metrobo said:
    It will be interesting to see what they are making. As they have already laid off a lot of people and a lot in their VR department, its really interesting to see what their next steps will be. I don't think they will make the same mistakes.

With what they specialize in I expect it to be an MMO that has something to do with outer space.
    The laying off in their VR department is because it's (VR) is going to be a flop.
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I know inside info. It is going to be in the Eve universe and we will colonize planets. Our characters will be builders. 9 to 5 each day, terrible pay, beans for dinner, wife nagging us. Each colony will be paid by Eve corporations. 

We will be fired from jobs if we slack off and maybe promised a promotion or a raise that will never come.  Some colonies will be more lively when others will be just gray lifeless rocks. It will be the corporation's choice.

The spacemen will be able to visit us and ask us about our every day lives in the colonies. They will make promises for a better future for us and our families. 

Well, that is all i know so far. I am not sure if a builder will ever have the right to become a pilot.
    CalaruilNikaasManWithNoTan
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I think they were making a new MMO shooter. Perhaps this?
    Golly. We sure need another one of those.

You stay sassy!

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Sure they've had several failed attempts, and the easy thing would be just to do nothing, but i'm glad they are not affraid to try again.
  • ne5evne5ev Member UncommonPosts: 5
    World of Darkness MMO should be bases around 'the masquerade' - that being a script heavy game in public places so is mysterious who are the bots and who are the players (vampires).

So loads of scripted player actions and loads of scripted conversation options to keep one's vampire (& hence player) identity a secret in public places. The conversation options can be update via player updates to match what has been going on in the localities and things like that. Behaviour that breaks the masqurade loses points in the remaining above public enemy status in an designated areas public places, which once lost completely makes the player an open target with great stat gains for players who contribute to taking the player down (while remaining incognito themselves, along with programmed bots who will attack also). Apart from being wiped out, there are also hierarchies of levels related to a player's suspicion levels, meaning spoiler players can never get into the higher levels of locations etc of the game world.

characters can be accused of being vampires by other players, but if wrong takes stat hits and also introduces script tics the more this is done, to the players own scripts, identifying one as a vampire and thus hunted by all also. If right increases stats & powers also. This can only be communicated to others via private chat, not scripts, so can only work with groups of packs of players, when outing someone as a vamp. in that way for free power ups once have identified someone. BUt if certain decorums are broken, then players have temporary suspicious points that if don't trigger changes in blending into all the unique environments, can tigger the scripted bots into challenging the players themselves also or other players in the area who are actually bots.

Then theres the gameplayer of hunting prey in dark alleyways or deserted spots, along with gang turf warefare in controlling locations and places where people hang out, or single player missions and stories that players can do in the world.

So combination of being a vampire and different vampire powers stuff, vampire gang warefare stuff, and the social aspect of people hanging out with each other in various parts of populated towns and bars etc while pretending to be vampires and not knowing who else in the vacinity is a vampire (player) and that whole thing going on, amidst an player made story line that everyone has access too, of what's been going on in the vampire gang warefares and other related game events.

Something like that could be pretty popular for a vampire mmorpg.
    NodensAlpha
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    space battle royal anyone ?  xD
  • HMackenzieHMackenzie Member UncommonPosts: 11
    As someone who was in the closed alpha for WoD, I am still waiting for a mmo like it to be reintroduced. https://s13.postimg.org/b9zs2zy8n/2014.01.30.14.17.58.jpg
    NodensAlpha
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    they spend EVE making money for waste & failures 

• CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    A true horror MMORPG would be quite cool.

Oyjord
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Calaruil said:

OMG, this site is full of them. Pick one.
    Oyjord
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    After what they did(or in this did not do) with World of Darkness Online I do not believe anything that CCP Games says anymore. They say they will make an MMORPG based on Vampire the Masquerade then 5 years later with no update on the project they cancel it and sell off White Wolf Publishing.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Calaruil said:

OMG, this site is full of them. Pick one.
    World of Warcraft is the ultimate example of a true horror MMORPG to some people. So that could be nominated as a horror MMORPG depending how you view the MMO genre.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I imagine with how CCP manages their releases...

They're going to make a VR MMO,  but only have it supported on headsets that stopped updating drivers/firmware the year before (4 to 6 years is more than old enough that some of those head sets are likely to do this).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    As expected, it ain't World of Darkness Online, as that's owned by Paradox now, which is pretty much not doing much with the IP, what a fucking waste.
    Hence, and sadly, it hold no interest for me at least. I would have really loved to immerse myself into an online version of Vampire Masquerade or something, with modern graphics and great mechanics.
    One can dream.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    Stellar Citizen maybe...nahh, they know their job! i hope something great and wish it before i'm too old
  • KossuthKossuth Member UncommonPosts: 56
    edited December 2017
    I'm sure it will be a costly failure as per their track record. The previous management structure and project management revelations from internal sources made grim reading. This is from someone who has been to nine fanfests in Iceland before you think I hate CCP. ;) Coincidentally, when did a hiring post with no information become worthy of a banner headline?

Bjoern / Sir Prime

Habitual Euthanasia
    Pandemic Legion