Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Darkening of Tristram Anniversary Event to Return on January 1st - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Darkening of Tristram Anniversary Event to Return on January 1st - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - The Diablo 3 site has been updated with a reminder to players that the Darkening of Tristram event will be making a comeback on January 1st. The event first debuted in January 2017 for the Diablo 1 20th Anniversary and has been deemed an annual event. This year, it begins on the first and ends on the last day of the month so it's worth check in to grab the exclusive event rewards including the Butcher pet, portrait frames, achievements and a chance at that ever elusive Godly Plate of the Whale!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I guess i will be trying the 16 dungeon levels. There was nothing else for me to do in this game after finishing (and hating) the story campaign. I didn't want to grind Rifts and the other repetitive activities.
    [Deleted User]

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    "Meh."
    SBFordrojoArcueidAeanderSoki123MrMelGibsonbeebop500Octagon7711UNH0LYEV1L

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    If I have a chance at the cow pet I may give it a try.
    o.O

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It was fun once through and that was it. I would have rather seen: 1) Remastered D1; or D4. :cry:
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidWizardryMrMelGibsonbeebop500Octagon7711ApridiseSadfist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I know this maaay sound dumb.. but I hope their next game is a bit more grim and darker
    SBFordSadfistzuz3x
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

"Meh."

couldnt said better myself :lol:
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Diablo 3 was fun for a while - as in a single playthrough. I actually enjoyed the hell out of Act 3. But there just isn't enough content there. There's no drive to play long term, or even as a secondary game. 

It's a problem with the entire genre, but Diablo 3 suffers particularly badly for this. New content is so rare. Hell, Path of Exile, for all of its rough edges, has more content in its first half than Diablo 3 has in total. 
    Sadfist
  • Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    As a counter point (to D3 in general) I have been playing D3 in some form on and off since launch. I bought D3 on both the PC and PS3, then Reaper of Souls/Ultimate Evil on PC, PS4 and XB1 (mainly because of different groups of friends on different platforms).

I still play it now and then mainly because it is so easy to jump back into and have instant access to fun.

The Tristram event was a fun nostalgic trip the first run, and I only played it again in coop with friends.

So even with all of the above in mind I'm also going to say, "Meh".
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Diablo 3's itemization and skill customization system and even follower system leave a lot to be desired compared to Diablo 2 (with mercenaries instead of followers).  Sure, Diablo 2 had a lot of downright broken stuff in it but at least it wasn't boring in every aspect of progression.  Sigh.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Looks good.
    Agent_Joseph
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217

SBFord said:

It was fun once through and that was it. I would have rather seen: 1) Remastered D1; or D4. :cry:

Agree 100%. I loved D3 for a good while but it became pointless. Remake D1 or do something--anything--to give us hope for D4, cause there ain't much right now.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Warlyx said:

"Meh."

couldnt said better myself :lol:
    'Mooh'

Its still Diablo guys  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Blizzard likes to copy stuff. They should do the next Diablo in a Skyrim style. Real open roaming follow the quests lines or not type of thing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    So is there anything new at all in the event this year? or is it exactly the same as last year? I found it boring enough the first time through that without some new rewards doing it again seems entirely pointless.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Sorry cant take a break from PoE. Having to much fun!
    Sadfist