Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dungeons Revealed in Latest 4.2 Preview & Heavensturn Event - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Dungeons Revealed in Latest 4.2 Preview & Heavensturn Event - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - The Final Fantasy XIV v4.2 "Rise of a New Dawn" microsite has been updated with the second preview article, this time to reveal the new dungeons coming in the update that is currently slated for release sometime in the latter half of January.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited December 2017
    image eureka artwork
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    That boss looks cool in the picture
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017

thunderC said:

First Omega raid boss just recolored. Eureka was delayed this long only to find out that it will be in parts (well they said they are aiming for 4.25, no hard confirmation that it'll even make that deadline since they were aiming for 4.15 and we know how that went).
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Albatroes said:

thunderC said:

First Omega raid boss just recolored.

Not to mention an entirely different skin, and details but hey they used the same wireframe so that's just a recolor.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    So, is Eureka a new 24-man raid, or is it analogous to Diadem? Also, there was talk of a new Palace of the Dead last I played; is that coming up anytime soon?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    How do people even make it to raiding in this game? FFXIV has to be the most boring quet driven game ever.
    thighhighs
  • ShaiapoufShaiapouf Member UncommonPosts: 53

So, is Eureka a new 24-man raid, or is it analogous to Diadem? Also, there was talk of a new Palace of the Dead last I played; is that coming up anytime soon?

To put it simply...we don't know all of the exacts yet still. We know that its going to be an area with a separate, "unique" leveling system, that it will have "Notorious Monsters" which is FFXI's 'kill some boss monsters around and it spawns a superboss', and that it will be tied to getting the relic weapon (And armor if I recall.). But as for specifics, they've been tight lipped.

As for the new palace, they're working on it but even less info on that other than that its not Eureka.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited December 2017
    Shaiapouf said:

To put it simply...we don't know all of the exacts yet still. We know that its going to be an area with a separate, "unique" leveling system, that it will have "Notorious Monsters" which is FFXI's 'kill some boss monsters around and it spawns a superboss', and that it will be tied to getting the relic weapon (And armor if I recall.). But as for specifics, they've been tight lipped.

As for the new palace, they're working on it but even less info on that other than that its not Eureka.
    That's really interesting. It sounds like Eureka is a mix between Diadem and Palace of the Dead, then, based on your description at least. I enjoyed Palace of the Dead when it first came out, and the tail end of HW. Can't say the same of Diadem (its partly why I quit in 3.0), unfortunately.

I played SB up until Omega Super Savage, but my static fell apart again due to lack of interest (as it did in 3.0, too). We really, really enjoyed Palace of the Dead, but loathed Diadem because of the huge delay it caused and its general "mehness".

So, I'm just hoping that Eureka is more like Palace of the Dead and less like Diadem, haha! I'll keep an eye out, for sure.
  • KinkyAmraKinkyAmra Member UncommonPosts: 16

Albatroes said:

thunderC said:

First Omega raid boss just recolored.

Eureka was delayed this long only to find out that it will be in parts (well they said they are aiming for 4.25, no hard confirmation that it'll even make that deadline since they were aiming for 4.15 and we know how that went).

You are having such a hard on for this game.