Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Friends & Family Live Stream Recap - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation - Friends & Family Live Stream Recap - MMORPG.com

If you didn’t get a chance to watch the live stream of Ashes of Creation Friends and Family alpha, you really missed out on a wealth of information. We learned a lot from just watching the stream unfold organically, so if you missed it the stream or think you may have missed some information, read on!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Notice: combat, movement speed and animations are still "TBD". It's NOT what players will be getting at launch.
    Oyjordjitter77poporitolo
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Take these glowing impressions with a grain of salt. I'm glad they all seem good .. but I'd not put it past Steven to fluff reviews/impressions every chance his team gets.
    JamesGoblin
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    I'm not sure how I feel about open dungeons I really think that hurts more than it helps. On one hand if you are solo having some issues making it threw a specific area and a group comes by you can ride their coat tails to safety. On the other hand If me and some friends are exploring a dungeon for a quest and we go in not knowing what to expect full of piss and vinegar, just to find out the whole dungeon has been wiped out it leaves us wanting and kind of hating the lack luster experience of not personally getting to experience the clear. So its a double edged sword its still early I am still hopeful but only time will tell.
    chocolate42069ValanarrOyjord
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Redemp said:

Take these glowing impressions with a grain of salt. I'm glad they all seem good .. but I'd not put it past Steven to fluff reviews/impressions every chance his team gets.

I'm as skeptical as they come but so far they guy has delivered on what he has said he would.
    ConstantineMerusThupliSnackMasterBchocolate42069Galadourn

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Criticizing at this stage just gets one worked up. I will save my strength for when it's done and hope I get left speechless.
    obiiAlomarPhaserlightchocolate42069saker
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Redemp said:

I'm as skeptical as they come but so far they guy has delivered on what he has said he would.

Yep - everything seems to look good at this stage, I just won't be taking anyone else's "Impressions" without seeing it with my own eyes come some open beta or launch. Granted I've experience with Steven in other games and people who were about when this new game was launched who were fairly familiar with it. I'm by no means stating anything nefarious.. simply that words are wind.
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblin
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    does the NDA also provide for non disclosure of your being in the Alpha 0?
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    edited December 2017
    Was hoping for a link to the stream.
    [Deleted User]AlomarXarko
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    It's not what I expected.  But I'm more interested then I was before.  Looking forward to seeing more videos.
    [Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Looks pretty, let's see at least one of those thousands of systems they've discussed in action thoooooo
    pantaro
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Games coming along.  Looks nice, but hopefully it will have some substance as well.  

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Signex said:
    Was hoping for a link to the stream.

Xarko

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Galadourn said:

The NDA basically states you can't talk about the test or the software itself. It allows you to talk about the fact that you're in the test and that there is a NDA.
    GreatnessGaladourn
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Is there still an ageing and end of life process followed by a rebirth mechanic in this game? Bit concerned if that's the case.
    lucignano
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

JudgeUK said:

Is there still an ageing and end of life process followed by a rebirth mechanic in this game? Bit concerned if that's the case.

I believe that's Chronicles of Elyria.

Samhael said:

Galadourn said:

The NDA basically states you can't talk about the test or the software itself. It allows you to talk about the fact that you're in the test and that there is a NDA.

I suppose you disagree with the very positive (and NDA breaking) impressions post above, then.
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    XAleX360 said:

Samhael said:

Galadourn said:

I suppose you disagree with the very positive (and NDA breaking) impressions post above, then.
    Well, the very positive NDA breaking guy's user name was "IPlayedIt" on a one-day old account (with his first post being that positive NDA-breaking one) and he did only have 3 posts here at MMORPG.com, 2 of which were about praising AoC and one of which was basically about saying how bad Star Citizen was compared to... AoC.  That combined with the clear NDA breaking means that poster was probably not exactly a very trustworthy or at least unbiased source anyways.

...and it looks like his posts got deleted? :O (all 3 of them for some reason)    Er... well, um... I'm honestly kinda confused what's going on there actually.  Oh well.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Tiamat64 said:
    XAleX360 said:

Samhael said:

Galadourn said:

Well, the very positive NDA breaking guy's user name was "IPlayedIt" on a one-day old account (with his first post being that positive NDA-breaking one) and he did only have 3 posts here at MMORPG.com, 2 of which were about praising AoC and one of which was basically about saying how bad Star Citizen was compared to... AoC.  That combined with the clear NDA breaking means that poster was probably not exactly a very trustworthy or at least unbiased source anyways.

...and it looks like his posts got deleted? :O (all 3 of them for some reason)    Er... well, um... I'm honestly kinda confused what's going on there actually.  Oh well.
    He was apparently banned.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Well it's good to see this is a actual game in development, before I wasn't at all certain that was so.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I never played an EQ Bard to know anything about it but i did play FFXI BArd and was done very well.The only problem and i seem to be mentioning this a lot is the majority of gamer's are set on soloing or hell bent on BEST OF for end game.

So for a Bard to work or be popular, people are going to be crying for something ridiculous like tons of abilities/healing to just turn the game into ev1 solos,then why have a MMO?For end game instances,no i don't want to see any class designed around end game...ever.

I didn't get to see much of the game because i left the stream early,it simply did not look very good or worth seeing anything "yet" so i only watched idk maybe 30-40 minutes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO this was way too early,maybe another year it might be worth seeing it's progress but this game is nowhere near being a "coming soon attraction".

What usually happens as well if fanbois are too much on praising and patting them on the back,they will get the indication it is ok to release early...too early.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.