Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bringing 2017 to a Close but Keeping Busy - Path of Exile Columns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBringing 2017 to a Close but Keeping Busy - Path of Exile Columns

With 2017 coming to a close, Path of Exile is in a great place going into 2018. The last couple of weeks have seen the team keeping busy after the launch of War for the Atlas, though perhaps with a bit of holiday chill thrown in for good measure. Let's take a look at the most recent happenings.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Only RPG, mmo or otherwise, worth playing. POE hits the most important part...character building which no other RPG can apparently do. GGG is making the rest of game world look incredibly incompetent.
    Mensurysn888
  • ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    This gets better every time . GG ggg ! :P
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I love this development team and their business model but have trouble with the game itself as it's so tough for me to wrap my head around how to do builds with all the newer things added. Like the bandits, the gods to choose, the ascendancy classes, the gems to add and just in general how to deal with the currency and get really good gear. But has such potential and i keep trying. Lol.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

I love this development team and their business model but have trouble with the game itself as it's so tough for me to wrap my head around how to do builds with all the newer things added. Like the bandits, the gods to choose, the ascendancy classes, the gems to add and just in general how to deal with the currency and get really good gear. But has such potential and i keep trying. Lol.

I can give you a hand if you like. It is a bit of a trial by fire until you learn certain things. Definitely information by firehose until you make 1 or 2 successful characters.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

Only RPG, mmo or otherwise, worth playing. POE hits the most important part...character building which no other RPG can apparently do. GGG is making the rest of game world look incredibly incompetent.

The engine is terrible, and the guidance for new players is awful. The game is based around constant rerolling, which creates a lot of friction for new players who want to make friends in game. Unless you're playing the latest leagues, the game feels empty.

The trading system has been consistently awful, only moderately improving.

It feels like an over-engineered piece of software.

It's decent enough, but I think certain parts of it are a lot more valuable than the actual "whole" of it.

Pay only stash tabs is a huge no-no for me.

If the game was so good, I don't think they'd have had an issue selling it for $5-10 (B2P).