Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Razer Naga Trinity Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Razer Naga Trinity Review - MMORPG.com

Razer’s Naga line of mice have long been a standard among MMO fans for their 12 programmable side keys, which serve as the top row of keys on your keyboard. Ideal placement for quick access to all those hotkeys. With the Razer Naga Trinity, Razer aims to give you three of its mice in one as it comes packed with swappable side-panels that mimic the Naga, the Hex, and a traditional mouse. Is it worth the $100 asking price? This is our Razer Naga Trinity review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im a razer naga fan boy, ill admit it, Ive never even tried any of the other naga knockoffs from logitech or other companys. This mouse does interest me with the swapable side panels (even though im not sure ill have a use for anything other than the 12 button) . I guess my biggest concern with this new one is the weight and feel, Is it the same. What i love about the naga besides the obvious backlight 12 side panel is the weight and feel of the mouse, Its very comfortable in my hand. Does this new one keep with tradition?
    bartoni33MrMelGibsonMadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FolmenFolmen Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited December 2017
    How Is It For Compeditive Overwatch and Other
    FPS/shooter Games? Is there Left-Handed Option?
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Folmen said:

Is there Left-Handed Option?

Since the article lists "not ambidextrous" as a Con, I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that there isn't a left-handed option. Plus, most of us lefties have given up on left-handed mice years ago so even out of the lefty market, there's not really that high of a demand for it.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Maybe when my naga ever die. Got it for 5 years or longer. Also got blackadder for fps.
    EponyxDamor

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I went away from Naga and went to Logitechs G-series after too many Naga's broke for no damned reason. I want to go back but I fear quality. My Logitechs have never broken before I was ready to upgrade.
    unclemoViper482
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

thunderC said:

Im a razer naga fan boy, ill admit it, Ive never even tried any of the other naga knockoffs from logitech or other companys. This mouse does interest me with the swapable side panels (even though im not sure ill have a use for anything other than the 12 button) . I guess my biggest concern with this new one is the weight and feel, Is it the same. What i love about the naga besides the obvious backlight 12 side panel is the weight and feel of the mouse, Its very comfortable in my hand. Does this new one keep with tradition?

I would like to add a question myself: Are the 12 button keys at approximately the same area on the side of the mouse as the regular Naga? I got me a Corsair Scimitar (thanks to your review BTW) because of the moveable keys.
    metareal

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    What I want is for them to sell the mouse covers, I have an original naga put away and the main issue is the top part, which also servers as the left and right click, has a tab underneath that gets used and cause mouse clicking issues.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited December 2017

Dragnelus said:

Maybe when my naga ever die. Got it for 5 years or longer. Also got blackadder for fps.

I forced myself to buy a new Naga this year when they went on sale, simply because "it was time" and not because I actually needed one. I have 2-3 Razer mice now, and all still work after 3+ years of use on each; my oldest is 5 years now, and is the one I take with me on long trips that I know I'll have time to game.
    Post edited by EponyxDamor on
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This one feels a lot like the Naga Epic from last year, and the side panels for MOBA and regular FPS play make it perfect for games like OW, Fortnite, etc.
    bartoni33JeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonMadFrenchie

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Can't replace my Naga because I don't see a point in replacing my Tartarus, and they use different versions of Synapse, which is awful when trying to use different peripherals from the same vendor...

So I'm sitting on them, and just going to wait until I move to something that isn't Razer. Synapse barely remembers settings, randomly goes out of sync, and can't even be used on multiple PCs concurrently.

I'm looking into Steelseries at the moment...
    Asm0deus
  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Nice mouse. The cons for this mouse doesn't matter to me.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I'll admit I usually don't like the technical articles, but this one was good. It made me want that damn mouse, but I'll probably research it more &/or wait for a price drop since I don't "need' it. The article showcased it well though with it's features.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited December 2017
    I'll take my $30 Redragon mouse any day over this over-priced crap. Would be nice to see MMORPG review other options.

WIRED GAMING MOUSE; built for PC Gamers - Ergonomic Redragon M901PERDITIONBacklit Laser Gaming Mouseup to 16400 DPI(1000/2000/4000/8200/16400 DPI user adjustable), 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration. The High-Precision Avago Sensordelivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Omron Micro Switchesensure longevity, greater durability and extreme responsiveness, giving you an even greater edge over your competition.

LED RGB BACKLIGHT PROGRAMMABLE GAMING MOUSE; 18 user programmable buttons, 5 Memory Profiles each with distinct LED colour option for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8), and over 16 million RGB LED color options and Breathing Effects. (LED Backlight can be disabled) The Redragon M901 Mouse is taking personalization to the next level.

ERGONOMIC GAMER MOUSE DESIGN; The ergonomic shape of the Redragon M901 PC Gaming Mouse fits naturally in yourhand, reduces stress while delivering superior productivity and efficiency. Giving gamers an extremely comfortable gaming experience even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions like league of legends, steam, Overwatch, Call of Duty or other First Person Shooter.

HIGH-END PCGAMING MOUSE FEATURES; The Redragon M901 Mouse features 6 Standard Mouse Buttons PLUS 12 MMO programmable side buttons. Total 18 buttons. Power button, Pulsing Breathing light color modes. Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control.The Mouse works great with Redragon Gaming keyboards. Comes with 6 foot, 3mm strong high-speed braided fibre cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection.

https://www.amazon.com/M901-Perdition-Redragon-High-Precision-Programmable/dp/B00GU8W5AE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514407373&sr=8-2&keywords=redragon+m901
    metareal
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

DMKano said:

Viper482 said:

I'll take my $30 Redragon mouse any day over this over-priced crap. 

Agreed.

Razor has really gone down the tubes, not sure if it's just planned obsolescence or crap quality - but tired of replacing Razor gear after a short while.

to be fair i have had the same issue with Logitech headphones... cable and fittings breaking.. I think it is the market at large today... planned obsolescence indeed.

Either that or we simply pushed the margin on these things to low... =P Just look at TV´s.. Nobody make any money on selling TV´s anymore.. hench all the insurances, club meberships and other wird side services. =P

This have been a good conversation

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Nice design but it's wired they need to make wireless that accepts a Change-able lithium battery, and Micro Switches similar to the ASUS ROG Mouse that costs $200, and include an option for free spin wheel the best mouse ever.
  • KillSwitch69KillSwitch69 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Had multiple nagas break on me in less than 2 years, screw that noise.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    So really there are no cons is what you are saying : D
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The only issue I have with this type of mouse is how does the thumb feel? Instead of holding the side of the mouse and moving your thumb to click a side button, it is on the buttons the whole time. Not only might that feel odd, how firm is the grip?
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Assuming there isn't a left-handed version of this mouse (and it looks that way), I'm concerned about the situation for left-handed gamers. I use the left-handed version of the Razer Naga and rely on it heavily.
    As far as I'm aware it's the only left-handed MMO-type mouse out there. My concern is that one of the switches on my mouse is on its way out (fair enough, it's had a lot of use in the last 3 years) and it looks like this mouse *may* be being discontinued - at least it's (currently) not available from Amazon uk, or com, and is also out of stock on the Razer website. Sounds ominous to me.

I know people will say there isn't the demand, but this was the only mouse available for lefties who want those extra side buttons, and 100% of the market share of a 10% (lefties) market is still a bloody good market. Here's hoping that either the left-handed Naga comes back, or that Razer or whoever else decide to make something decent for us left handers.
  • SkartakusSkartakus Member CommonPosts: 1
    My razer keyboard and mouse a disconecting themself from time to time tried everything to fix it . My naga was double clicking and having pointer bugs too X axis not working sometimes . I felt the naga was kinda small in my hand too . Got a logitech G600 for 49 bucks and I really enjoy it alot ! got a Rii crap keyboard too with leds and mechanical feel and I can enjoy it alot more since its not disconnecting during im playing . Mechanical keyboards are overrated imo .
  • DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    edited December 2017
    I love the naga mice, or at least i did. I love the shape of the original. It's the perfect size for my hand. However the 2016 version is far too big for my hand. The original was great for me. Iv'e been buying used parts for my 2014 to keep it going. The old one's do break quite often under heavy use though, the scroll click in particular has broke on all the ones iv'e owned. Iv'e had to replace the board on all of mine several times over the years. Also i don't like the new side buttons on the naga as there raised and i find there annoying. They were better before when they didn't stick out. Does anyone know if the trinity is closer to the original size or is it modeled after the 2016 version?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    <3 my Naga Razer.  MMO mouse will change the way you game (for the better).
    JeffSpicoli

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scot said:
    The only issue I have with this type of mouse is how does the thumb feel? Instead of holding the side of the mouse and moving your thumb to click a side button, it is on the buttons the whole time. Not only might that feel odd, how firm is the grip?
    I don't have an issue with my Naga (MMO, not the 3-in-1 here).  I rarely ever accidentally hit a button.

The mouse glides well enough that you can move it without applying the pressure needed to trigger the side buttons.  My thumb generally rests gingerly on the 1-3 hotkeys as those are my most used abilities.  The only sticking point is it can be awkward to select a specific key in the middle (i.e. 8 button), but with time and practice this issue has almost completely evaporated for me as well.