Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I get it? Its been on my radar, scared of stories about ingame market

darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
i've not played an mmo in a while. My last was blade and soul, and I think its been 1 year.

I've been told this game kinda forces you to pay for items and bag space or something like that. I just really want to pay my 15 dollars a month and then not have any more costs for it to be even.

Is this what I'm looking for?

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    It's pretty cheap right now so worth a shot if you're thinking about it.

You get some inventory space just by completing quests and such. If that isn't enough, set aside the 15 bucks you would be spending on a sub every month and use it to buy more inventory space or whatever you think you need.
    holdenhamletYashaX
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    darnapkin said:
    i've not played an mmo in a while. My last was blade and soul, and I think its been 1 year.

I've been told this game kinda forces you to pay for items and bag space or something like that. I just really want to pay my 15 dollars a month and then not have any more costs for it to be even.

Is this what I'm looking for?
    I haven't played it for a while, but thought it was a great game. I didn't feel like I had to buy anything extra, but there are a few convenience items you can get: I think if you put $15/month into the game you would be totally fine. 
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    If you like grinding for hours + geting ganked when doing said grinding + having your items break when your just trying to enhance them then it's the game for you :)
    Tom272sgel
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Id have to agree with Rhygarth, the game does get repetetive later on depending on how you decide to make money, be it grinding, crafting or some other way. 
    It will indeed force you to drop money in it eventualy, depending on how fast you get to certain points and how fast you want your character or progress to go. 
    The pvp component is terribad as in its very unbalanced around levels, the stats are hidden so you don't really know how it works, there are spreadsheets but its all an educated guess. 
    I can tell you now that you don't need to focus on getting your gear up as much as you will be told. Since a level difference is all you really need. 
    Think along the lines of 70% level importance, 30% gear importance. It will becomme more and more apparent once you get a higher level. 
    Good luck
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    The two posters above are trying to give advice on whether you would like the game, but that is not really possible without knowing what you enjoy.

If your only criteria is that you want to play an mmo and only pay $15/month, then I would recommend something like ESO. On the other hand, if you have looked at BDO and decided that it is the kind of game that you would like but are worried about having to pay out lots of cash to get anywhere, then in my view you should be fine playing it.