Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Polygon talks to backer who has waited months for their 25k refund

2»

Comments

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Tiamat64 said:
    Two more whales trying to get refunds.

$3,000

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7ktsz3/advice_for_refunding_please/

$12,800

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7ku7y0/the_journey_continues/

If you haven't gotten your refund yet, you should get it fast.  The sharks are smelling blood, the (smart) whales are bailing ship, and there probably isn't going to be much left soon.  The refund reddit has lots of helpful advice if you end up getting stonewalled by CiG.    You are legally entitled under pretty much all trade laws in any remotely developed country to your refund.  Go go go!
    Most of these are made up by Derek Smart himself lol
    Wouldn't surprise me. it gets people talking. No opinion on that either way if that's what it is.
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'll talk shit, lie and convince people this is a scam all I want! And if it's actually a good and is successful, I'll buy the game, join under another alias, play along side all of you fanboys and you'd never know it was me talking all that shit about the game. Isn't the internet great?
    Babuinix
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Star Citizen is like building a new court room, build it and lawyers will come.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Hulluck said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Two more whales trying to get refunds.

$3,000

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7ktsz3/advice_for_refunding_please/

$12,800

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7ku7y0/the_journey_continues/

If you haven't gotten your refund yet, you should get it fast.  The sharks are smelling blood, the (smart) whales are bailing ship, and there probably isn't going to be much left soon.  The refund reddit has lots of helpful advice if you end up getting stonewalled by CiG.    You are legally entitled under pretty much all trade laws in any remotely developed country to your refund.  Go go go!
    Most of these are made up by Derek Smart himself lol
    Wouldn't surprise me. it gets people talking. No opinion on that either way if that's what it is. 
    Here's a link to the (now closed) subreddit on him, claims a backer got a $45k return, CIG came out and said it was for $330. Derek believes the best lies have some truth, didn't help him to not get caught out though. 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6zypcf/derek_on_facebook_three_confirmed_star_citizen/?st=jbshn9wp&sh=9b849134

There are other instances as well, the guy has a serious hate boner for Roberts.
    hfztt said:
    Balmong said:

A lot of these people who are "speaking out" need to do some introspection, they are in this position based off their decisions. 
    Decisions made on questionable information to say the least.

Any talk about what this game is is a moving target at any given time. "It will support 1000's of players", "It will have a persistent universe", "It is NOT an MMO", "It will be out 2014", "It will out when it is done", "It will have all the features in the Kickstarter list", "it will be released as a MVP", "LTI is explusive for the first wave of backers", "LTI will AGAIN be available..."

Getting solid information on this game is... hard. Do not mock people for failing to do it...
    The only stretch goal I can think of that is for sure dead is the private servers, and that was just due to the way they built the game (multiple instance servers communicating with a "galaxy" server). 

You can blame the people who took advantage of LTI for the changes to that, CIG wanted to kill the Grey Market and to that end made LTI less important. 

It's not that access to SC info is hard, its the fact that CIG has done a lot of communicating with fans, weekly videos leave a lot to sift through.

One thing I always stress to people who buy into KS's is to trust the idea, not the facts at the time. Very few plans survive the harshness of reality. I backed SC for the idea of an expansive space sim, not the promise of VR or anything else.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Balmong said:
    hfztt said:
    Balmong said:

A lot of these people who are "speaking out" need to do some introspection, they are in this position based off their decisions. 

Any talk about what this game is is a moving target at any given time. "It will support 1000's of players", "It will have a persistent universe", "It is NOT an MMO", "It will be out 2014", "It will out when it is done", "It will have all the features in the Kickstarter list", "it will be released as a MVP", "LTI is explusive for the first wave of backers", "LTI will AGAIN be available..."

Getting solid information on this game is... hard. Do not mock people for failing to do it...
    The only stretch goal I can think of that is for sure dead is the private servers, and that was just due to the way they built the game (multiple instance servers communicating with a "galaxy" server). 

You can blame the people who took advantage of LTI for the changes to that, CIG wanted to kill the Grey Market and to that end made LTI less important. 

It's not that access to SC info is hard, its the fact that CIG has done a lot of communicating with fans, weekly videos leave a lot to sift through.

One thing I always stress to people who buy into KS's is to trust the idea, not the facts at the time. Very few plans survive the harshness of reality. I backed SC for the idea of an expansive space sim, not the promise of VR or anything else.

Can't really blame the people who took advantage of LTI, CIG's system left the window open to them.  CIG introduced the idea in the first place to help make more money.

Balmong said:
    hfztt said:
    Balmong said:

Can't really blame the people who took advantage of LTI, CIG's system left the window open to them.  CIG introduced the idea in the first place to help make more money.
    It was definitely a marketing strategy for CIG, and still is. The Grey Market just became a beast all its own, it's one thing to see someone sell something on EBAY or something like that, it's another to find lists of accounts up for sometimes 10x the original pledge.
    MadFrenchie