Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeff Kaplan Introduces Next OW Hero During Christmas Eve Stream - (It's a Christmas Joke...Geez)

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageJeff Kaplan Introduces Next OW Hero During Christmas Eve Stream - Overwatch Videos - MMORPG.com

If you missed Overwatch's Jeff Kaplan during his hours' long live stream doing basically...nothing but sitting next to a pile of cookies in front of a fire, you may have missed the announcement of the next Overwatch hero. The team wanted to give something special to the OW community so this was extra special just for Christmas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Your piggy backing troll attempt leaves much to be desired.
    SBFordSlapshot1188ZenJellyaugustgracegorro187[Deleted User]NephethGaladournGhavriggblack_isle

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Well bah humbug to you too, Ebenezer. 

Let me change the title for your delicate sensibilities. Geez. And here I thought that most people would be in pleasant, non-confrontational moods on Christmas Day. Proven wrong once again. 
    BLNX[Deleted User]Nephethdarkrain21GameByNightLahuzerblack_isleRPGenie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited December 2017
    SBFord said:

Let me change the title for your delicate sensibilities. Geez. And here I thought that most people would be in pleasant, non-confrontational moods on Christmas Day. Proven wrong once again. 
    It said in the video caption he was trolling. But enjoy going full victim over doing a shotty job. Merry fucking Christmas.
    Slapshot1188ZenJellyaugustgraceWalkinGlenn[Deleted User]NephethSignexAllerleirauhTyranusPrimeblack_isleand 2 others.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    SBFord said:

It said in the video caption he was trolling. But enjoy going full victim over doing a shotty job. Merry fucking Christmas.
    Whatevs, dude. I have good friends, great family and lots to do today that precludes being cursed at by such as yourself. Merry Christmas, indeed. Have a lovely day. :)
    ZenJelly[Deleted User]NephethunfilteredJWRidelynnMadFrenchieLahuzerblack_isledjnj2000

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Holy Crap....  even we Harbingers mellow out for Christmas...

SBFordBLNXBillMurphydjnj2000

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

SBFord said:

Apparently being a jackass is a 365 day a year job. Many people think the internet brings out the worst in people, but it really just gives the worst people someplace to be heard.

Don"t worry though, most people are in a pleasant mood. Merry Christmas and happy New year!
    SBFordZenJellyNephethBillMurphySignexdarkrain21Lahuzerdjnj2000
  • MetroboMetrobo Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I may not play OW but i do enjoy the characters and their background story. Good Christmas joke worked on me. Gave me a nice chuckle
    SBFordBillMurphy
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    I'm in a happy mood. ! Love this !!
    SBFordBillMurphy
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I laughed.
    I will take light hearted trolling over devs who take themselves too seriously any day.
    SBFord
    Harbinger of Fools
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    That was funny!
    SBFord
    Today I learned that defending yourself on this site makes you the bad guy. This site really is an absolute pit from the top down.
    Slapshot1188augustgraceblack_isle

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Today I learned that defending yourself on this site makes you the bad guy. This site really is an absolute pit from the top down.
    Your first post in this thread was "Your piggy backing troll attempt leaves much to be desired."

If you want to dish it out you better be able to take it back Dude.
    BillMurphyBLNXSBFordMadFrenchiedjnj2000

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Defending yourself AFTER being an ass will almost always just make you MORE of an ass. Move on, amigo.
    SignexGameByNightSBFordSplattrMadFrenchieTyranusPrimeLahuzerblack_isledjnj2000

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Thought it was pretty good.
    SBFord
  • GurrbokGurrbok Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Merry Christmas to everyone! I don't make many post but everyday I make MMORPG part of my day. Thanks for all that you do and I also found this to be funny. Have a great holiday everyone!
    GameByNightSBFordDakerudjnj2000
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Never too late to apologize! You'll feel better :)
    SBFord
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I see a bigger picture trolling or not,he is under the assumption he is important enough and a new hero is important enough to warrant this video.
    First of all "TEAM" i doubt he does much at all inside of the game,he is a top level exec ,not Kotick but up ther.Sitting there with a Tea/coffeee pretty much sums up how i feel about Kaplan.
    Blizzard is a popular brand,doesn't make them any more important to people who don't care for their games to warrant a hundred Blizzard threads a month.

BTW your allowed to defend yourself,remember Bill went ape shit with his D2 thread so yeah it happens to everyone.We are not suppose to hold grudges,as im gaming i hold no grudges towards Blizzard,i simply truly do not like their approach to game designs and find kaplan to be meaningless to me as is OW.

I feel he COULD have shown better taste than to give his Blizzard game some promo with this trolling stuff,if he wanted to spread Christmas cheer leave Blizzard and OW out of it.
    BruceYeeDakeru

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    No it was a awesome meta-joke. To be honest it spawned some really funny conversations and generated a bunch of buzz for pretty much no money at all..

That is actually really smart.
    SBFordGhavriggLahuzer

This have been a good conversation

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited December 2017
    Would have been better if I didn't know he was trolling ahead of time, but also, I likely would've just never watched it without knowing it was a troll because I don't play OW. Oh wells. Funny stuff.
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    An interesting thought though... What if he isn't just trolling? Kaplan and the OW team have been pretty sneaky at times throwing out hints or hiding them in plain sight.. The garbled audio and screen flashes may hold a clue that hasn't been uncovered yet..

Mind you.. this may just be a "conspiracy theory" level thought process.. but its not like they have no history of playing with our minds regarding new characters.. Just my quick 2 cents.. :)
    SBFord

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

Feel free to leave, i'm sure this site will be the better for it.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    An interesting thought though... What if he isn't just trolling? Kaplan and the OW team have been pretty sneaky at times throwing out hints or hiding them in plain sight.. The garbled audio and screen flashes may hold a clue that hasn't been uncovered yet..

Mind you.. this may just be a "conspiracy theory" level thought process.. but its not like they have no history of playing with our minds regarding new characters.. Just my quick 2 cents.. :)
    A double bluff.. that could actually be.
    Then it may be another multi class like Varian with more emphasize on healing hence the sign in the end.
    TyranusPrime
    Harbinger of Fools