Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars Collector’s Edition Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars Collector’s Edition Review - MMORPG.com

The Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars Collector’s Edition GPU is for the enthusiast PC gamer who not only wants the top of the line, but also wants to proudly show how much they love the saga in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. It just so happens that aside from being expertly Star Wars-themed, the Titan Xp is also a hell of a video card. This is our review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Remember when Star Wars was Star Wars? And the only thing that "A last hope" meant was getting to the theater in time before the show sold out?
    SBFordOctagon7711[Deleted User]Zeneren
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm still waiting for a limited edition Star Wars Soap on the Rope.
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]GazimoffCopperfield

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    That's great disney, but why don't you spend a little more time on making a movie with a story and a game that needs a decent video card to run...hell or even just a game worth my money.
    BillMurphyArchlyteAsm0deus

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's a new world. "May the mouse be with you."
    DIZDUDEcom  Star Wars Event Gift Card Mickey Mouse as

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Getting sick of Star Wars. It's everywhere... Toy retailers have entire sections of their store dedicated to Star Wars, Christmas sweaters, food products (even bottled water), drones, games, books, underwear, socks, bed sheets, ornaments, stickman-family bumper stickers, GRAPHICS CARDS, etc etc etc etc etc. It's everywhere you look.

I could probably see past all the merchandise if the new movies didn't suck so bad.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited December 2017
    I liked both the movies and I enjoyed "The Last Jedi''. My husband and friends who watched it liked it too. I will be buying some nice X'Mas Star Wars stuff for my friends who love Star Wars. Lot of fans liked the movies so it makes sense for them to market to them.

Is that Donald as a Zabrak Sith Donald Maul?
    MrMelGibsoncheyane

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

It's a new world. "May the mouse be with you."
    DIZDUDEcom  Star Wars Event Gift Card Mickey Mouse as

That is cool

Remember when Star Wars was Star Wars? And the only thing that "A last hope" meant was getting to the theater in time before the show sold out?

Sorry to burst your bubble but Star Wars has been merchandised since the 1st movie in 1977.
    jimmywolfOctagon7711GazimoffMrMelGibson
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Absurd
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2017
    Worth changing from a 1080ti though?

Don't think the specs have increased enough yet for most users unless you don't own even a 1070, or just don't care about money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Dauzqul said:

Getting sick of Star Wars. It's everywhere... Toy retailers have entire sections of their store dedicated to Star Wars, Christmas sweaters, food products (even bottled water), drones, games, books, underwear, socks, bed sheets, ornaments, stickman-family bumper stickers, GRAPHICS CARDS, etc etc etc etc etc. It's everywhere you look.

I could probably see past all the merchandise if the new movies didn't suck so bad.

Well I guess I should chance my avatar then.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Renoaku said:

Worth changing from a 1080ti though?

Don't think the specs have increased enough yet for most users unless you don't own even a 1070, or just don't care about money.

Not at all. It’s really unnecessary power if you’ve got a 1080ti.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Good write up. Reading through the article and comparing to a 1080ti I kept thinking, yeah but does anyone need that? In what world does that minuscule performance bump justify $500 price increase? Your con list nailed both of those. :lol:

Of course I'm running a GTX970. I wouldn't turn it away so, yeah.
    I'm running the same, overclocked.  I looked into 1070/1080s and felt the same: not sure I can justify the price for the performance boost.

I'll likely wait to see the next series price/performance then reassess.  I could use the extra video RAM, but would rather not pay the current pricetag to get it!
    [Deleted User]

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I looked at this card when I was updating my Nvidia drivers last night.  It's over 1k USD.  No thanks.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    It's not the top of the line anymore. That would be the Titan V, which costs $3000.

This is just a different bin of the same GP102 GPU chip used in the GTX 1080 Ti. Since they launched at about the same time, upgrading would mean that you bought the wrong card in the first place.

I'm not sure how you get that it's up to 3X more processing power than a Maxwell-based Titan X. From the paper specs, it's about 2x in a lot of things, and less than that for memory bandwidth. Pascal is basically a die shrink of Maxwell, so you'd have to look for weird corner cases to get anything out of architectural improvements.
    Dakeru
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    edited December 2017

laserit said:

https://www.amazon.com/star-darth-vader-Star-Wars/dp/B0115552P6
    laseritMrMelGibson

Siphaed said:

laserit said:

https://www.amazon.com/star-darth-vader-Star-Wars/dp/B0115552P6
    The ropes sure have shrunk!

I'm talking the ones that you put around your neck to protect your behind ;)
    MrMelGibson

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

Dauzqul said:

(cough cough) My son and I each got a mini tie fighter and rebel drone and have annoyed the hell out of everyone in the house doing drone dogfighting, if that isn't cool movie toys, then sir I wish you a good day.................Seriously it was cool as hell.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited December 2017
    Want, want everything Star Wars! My dream of a RTD2 mini fridge that comes to me wherever I am lives on! Thanks for the comparisons also, gives food for thought on next builds in our house.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Look what I got for christmas guys :)

Eat your hearts out  >:)

VrikaMadFrenchieDakeruMrMelGibson

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Both of those Lego sets combined is about the same as the video card.

You stay sassy!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    nVidia names their Titan series poorly.
    GTX Titan
    GTX Titan Black
    GTX Titan Z
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    Titan X (Pascal)
    Titan V
    Titan XP

I don't think many can differentiate what was released when.
    Also the Titan V shows the problem nVidia has with drivers. They drop support of GPUs pretty quickly, especially limited runs on a slightly different architecture like the Titan V.

As for this card, why would anyone spend $500 more for 10% better performance on nVidia's stock cooler? That's a bad buy regardless of how many stickers you put on it.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I can't wait to drive into Mos Eisley in my speeder with my group and see how cool this card makes everything look in the MMORPG. Oh wait, there is no Star Wars MMORPG like that.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Archlyte said:

I can't wait to drive into Mos Eisley in my speeder with my group and see how cool this card makes everything look in the MMORPG. Oh wait, there is no Star Wars MMORPG like that.

There never was... Because you sould get stuck on the bazzilion of derelict houses glitched way to close to each otyher and the city. =P

This have been a good conversation