Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holiday Stream Delayed

2»

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited December 2017
    Man, I hope this game comes out someday........ 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Holiday stream is up on twitch.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    dat gameplay though...
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    dat gameplay though...
    Good or bad?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I know I'm a sucker but that looks soooooo damn cool.

Hope it runs well on my PC.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Seriously? You LIKED that?
    I thought it looked boring and uninspiring :(

..Cake..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2017
    it is a wiwhee wiwhee big tonk.This is a superior tonk.
    Please buy,even if not for sale buy it anyhow.
    Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    dat gameplay though...
    Good or bad?
    <introduce bias here> I guess.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Guess they need more time to edit or to add more crap that wont see the light of day for a few years.
    MaxBacon
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    sgel said:

Seriously? You LIKED that?
    I thought it looked boring and uninspiring :(
    I only watched 5 minutes but I just loved Wing Commander and the bits I saw really brought me back to that.
    MadFrenchie

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Pro: Music was cool, art direction better than i expected.

Con: frame rates were bad, game a little lifeless with virtually no NPCs, space dogfighting looked strange.

Caveat emptor i suppose.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    ....look at the black spots around everyones' eyes (in real life, not the game).  I feel kinda bad for those employees (but only kinda.  No one is forcing them to work there, after all.  .....probably).

As for the game itself, kinda fell under the "...okay." category.  Not really worth the long wait but hey, with it as a foundation maybe they'll have something halfway decent in three years if they last that long.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2017
    They should have done some commentary while the character walked to different areas but I'm sure streamers will be doing commentary all over the slice.

I kept looking for 'Maniac.'  :smile:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    dat gameplay though...
    Good or bad?
    Daikatana
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    They should have done some commentary while the character walked to different areas but I'm sure streamers will be doing commentary all over the slice.

I kept looking for 'Maniac.'  :smile:
    Argee, Tbh think it's slow because they're trying to show it off, most players would never move around as slow as that. They be jumping on the rails, spinning down the stairs.  
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I thought it was alright, graphically it was quite nice and some of the audio was quite nice although they overused the rousing score in my opinion. The pacing and the gameplay (what gameplay?) were really bad though.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Worst elements of AAA gaming where they are so busy choking on their own dick that they forget about the gameplay.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • IzzinIzzin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    The vertical slice was very interesting, and I can understand why they chose that one specifically. It had nearly all of the primary elements that they were promoting with 3.0. The graphical fidelity (yes, there are some alpha graphics bugs, landing gear clipping, some noticeable frame stutter) blows me away, the scale, atmosphere, etc is astonishing. 

When they get to the scar, its a new space that I have never seen anywhere. 

Another thing I would ask you to be open minded about. This was a scripted probably well known quest. A new player would not know they needed to use their multi-tool to cut open those panels and what the entire objective would be on the ground. Only a dev who knew the quests and the objectives would know exactly where to go.

I understand how the pacing appears to be wrong, and simply ask an open mind is kept. When a player is discovering the quest objectives and tasks at hand there is much more involvement and fun in my opinion. 

I always hate to compare to other games, but lets take the behemoth of WOW as an example. If you watched someone do a "quest" where every step was known, there was no discovery just showing off mechanics it would in my opinion appear as bland and poor. 

I won't be able to fully appreciate the speed/fidelity until playing it first hand, that way I can control the speed from point a to b. I full expect some of these tasks/events that we are going to be asked to accomplish will not be very straight forward and will require some involved thought and interaction.

-izz
    Erillion
  • mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    So a live stream but it was 'pre-recorded'?
    My 'WTF?' bell is ringing but boy oh boy, was that just a prelude to what was actually shown.

My god........ it was absolutely beautiful in how wretchedly awful it was. 5 years, 170 million with 400 (or was it 200?) staff and that's what we get?

I saw some 'I'm embarrassed because I introduced them to Star Citizen and now they laugh at me' posts and how this live stream was going to 'show my friends that DREAMS are still real'. 
    I got some bad news for you buddy, cause what was shown exceeded even my DREAMS on how terrible it was.