Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BDO Team Wants the Game to Last 20-30 Years - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Sovrath said:
    LilithM said:
    Make the game for other groups of players instead of just people that love grinding and PvP, and I might come back. Right now it's fun for a month or two and then it gets stale. Also I hate forced PvP.
    If you choose to play a game that has open world pvp it's not "force pvp".

That's like playing football and saying you hate forced tackling or going to a comedy and saying it has forced laughing.

Entering a marathon and saying forced running?

Or playing a game and saying it forces you to "play it".
    Actually, its more like this...considering there is only one single sorta modern sandbox MMO that is PVE based (Ryzom) and that one is as dead as a graveyard. Its also really old, its older than WoW I believe or about same age, but hasn't been modernized like WoW has.

Someone is in highschool and looking to join a sports team. They hate american football (PvP sandbox MMO), but they love european/south american football (or soccer as americans call it)...

consider european football as a PvE sandbox MMO. American football as a PvP sandbox MMO

But you don't get the choice of european football at this highschool. In fact, there is only one single sports team to join...american football...

There is literally no modern, and high quality sandbox PvE to choose from that isn't as dead as a graveyard. That is why everyone who comes to these games ask for PvE servers, because there is no sandbox PvE game for them to play. Its a HUGE untapped market, considering most MMO players prefer PvE.
    sschrupp

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited December 2017
    Sovrath said:
    LilithM said:
    Make the game for other groups of players instead of just people that love grinding and PvP, and I might come back. Right now it's fun for a month or two and then it gets stale. Also I hate forced PvP.

That's like playing football and saying you hate forced tackling or going to a comedy and saying it has forced laughing.

Actually, its more like this...considering there is only one single sorta modern sandbox MMO that is PVE based (Ryzom) and that one is as dead as a graveyard. Its also really old, its older than WoW I believe or about same age, but hasn't been modernized like WoW has.

Someone is in highschool and looking to join a sports team. They hate american football (PvP sandbox MMO), but they love european/south american football (or soccer as americans call it)...

consider european football as a PvE sandbox MMO. American football as a PvP sandbox MMO

But you don't get the choice of european football at this highschool. In fact, there is only one single sports team to join...american football...

There is literally no modern, and high quality sandbox PvE to choose from that isn't as dead as a graveyard. That is why everyone who comes to these games ask for PvE servers, because there is no sandbox PvE game for them to play. Its a HUGE untapped market, considering most MMO players prefer PvE.
    I don’t think “pve sandbox” types know what they are asking, especially concerning a mmorpg like black desert. It’s just not possible to add a pve sever. These games have pvp baked into everything. From territory control to the purposes of guilds and alliances. 

What you(they) are asking for is a kin to asking for wine without the alcohol. It’s just isn’t the same, and it’s damn boring.
    [Deleted User]wingood
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited December 2017
    First they should make their servers to last 20-30 minutes without disconnects.

Sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts to find a server which doesn't drop connection as if it worked through 14 Kbit analog phone line and it's 1997 again.

(actually I'm lying: vanilla Ultima Online had more stable connection 20 years ago than BDO has today)

Thank you for your time!

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82

bcbully said:

Sovrath said:

LilithM said:

I don’t think “pve sandbox” types know what they are asking, especially concerning a mmorpg like black desert. It’s just not possible to add a pve sever. These games have pvp baked into everything. From territory control to the purposes of guilds and alliances. 

What you(they) are asking for is a kin to asking for wine without the alcohol. It’s just isn’t the same, and it’s damn boring.

No what I'm asking for is a Skyrim/Witcher MMORPG PVE game. BD with PVE servers would be just that.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited December 2017

Hyperbole
    Post edited by d_20 on

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    In the year 2525
    If man is still alive
    If woman can survive
    They may find

Black Desert is gonna be
    for many the decree
    when a man has a right to feel carefree

In the year 3535
    I'm kinda wondering if man is gonna be alive
    It is written on the walls
    Black Desert will survive even when man falls.

Now it's been 10000 years
    Black Desert is still in full gears
    Though we never knew
    that Black Desert was man's Waterloo.
    zerocount
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    can't get into this at all, loathe "action" combat.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    For me the game didn't even last like 3 months of dedicated play time.
    Bought it last year and played like 1 month while i discovered it was nothing more than a mob grinder with cool combat.
    5CARLLeTT
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Played it for full 6 months, dedicated alot of my time to it.

Got good gear, expected pvp to be good, but a single level difference is so huge in this game that whatever your wearing doesn't matter, to put it frankly the pvp is broken, level makes 80% difference, gear 20%, you do the math.

After that i had no more will to play and quit the game.. But a shame, it truly is a wonderfull game.
  • GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Everquest is going to be 19 years old soon, and they just released a new expansion 2 weeks ago. I think when bdo dies, eq will still be around.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It is an amazing game, and easily will be around for a very long time. LotRo is on its tenth anniversary which was outstanding , and that is a pve centric game. With all the things in BDO to do, easlity see it around for 20 years .

Some people play BDO as a landrush to endgame, which is the wrong way to play it. IT is literally a stroll in thr woods where you can explore and actually feel like a real game world. No other game since Vanguard SOH has had that type of land mass to play with. 

With absolutely nothing to do once you get there.
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I would post on this game, but “file corrupt”
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Lol dreaming to the max there
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Sovrath said:
    LilithM said:

THe players are asking for this, but the companies always insist on sandbox gaems being PVP driven because its the easiest content to make....Just go kill each other.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    20 years from now: 250 Classes, 5000 new outfits, Still grinding Sausans.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    at least, when we finished bdo, we can play SC .... :)

Calaruil
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Why would anyone be surprised over 20-30 years for an MMORPG? In 2019 EverQuest will be 20 years old, Ultima Online is already 20 years old.

As long as they keep updating the game and don't screw it all up, BDO could easily last 20+ years.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I went through a love/hate relationship with BDO and honestly, I'm glad the game is flourishing but I doubt I will ever return unless there are changes. After hitting "max level" when it first released, I realized BDO was just a glorified single player game, you hardly interact with other players to the degree that other MMOs allow. Once I figured that out, the entire game became a turn off. If I wanted to play a single player game, it wouldnt be BDO. So unless they make the game feel like an actual MMO instead of a single player game, its not worth picking up for me.
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I went through a love/hate relationship with BDO and honestly, I'm glad the game is flourishing but I doubt I will ever return unless there are changes. After hitting "max level" when it first released, I realized BDO was just a glorified single player game, you hardly interact with other players to the degree that other MMOs allow. Once I figured that out, the entire game became a turn off. If I wanted to play a single player game, it wouldnt be BDO. So unless they make the game feel like an actual MMO instead of a single player game, its not worth picking up for me.
    I found SWTOR like this at the start of the game being released.

So much so I didn't bother to max level on it
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I went through a hate it every time i saw something new in the mechanics.It got so unbearable it is one of my most disappointing purchases ever.More disappointing because i thought it would be better,tons and tons of immersion ruining ideas,tons of non plausible realism of course meaning NOT believable.

They basically managed to ruin every single concept idea in the game except visually appealing and even that is mostly hit but sometimes a miss but overall it looks nice,like a picture on the wall,nice to look at but can't do anything with it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.