Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holiday Stream Delayed

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
Oh dear....

CIG doing what they do best, overpromising and underdelivering.
How can they be so amateur at this after 5 years? How can the put a video out on IGN showing a teaser for Sq42 and telling everyone to tune in tomorrow only to postpone it...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/holiday-atv-special-rescheduled

Comments

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Lol because instead of the stream they are having another "sale" right now, and you know that takes precedence over all else!
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2017
    Probably running into major problems with the SQ42 live demo.  Why do live?  Just put together a 'state of the game' presentation and run it.  Waited till the eleventh hour to realize something needed more time.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    'delayed'?

no there is a suprise

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited December 2017
    Oh dear....

CIG doing what they do best, overpromising and underdelivering.
    How can they be so amateur at this after 5 years? How can the put a video out on IGN showing a teaser for Sq42 and telling everyone to tune in tomorrow only to postpone it...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/holiday-atv-special-rescheduled

Tomorrow then  ....

time to visit Miles ;-) and get some of his "special" "forward security" contracts ...

Have fun
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Maybe these guys should learn that it's best not to hold your target with your toes when you're blasting around with a shotgun.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    They left a Crytek watermark on something maybe?
    EponyxDamorJamesGoblinAethaerynOctagon7711Kefolaxiebartoni33

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    They arent done editing the 'live' stream yet and the guys 'playing' the avatars werent hitting their queues....
    Kyleran
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2017
    Whelp, because they aren't doing a pre-recorded gameplay cut of it.
    If they were, it'd be no problem playing it in the stream.

For me it's kinda the same if there are technical risks with doing it live (like it happened with the crash mid-gamescom demo), they could just record it and present it.

But still they should have a timeframe to have it done by that date before and if not announce a delay instead of keep working on it until the very last minute, better for people who changed their schedule to be able to view it.

~~edit actually they clarified the stream is a pre-recorded episode of ATV.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Guess you'll have to delay that tracker you keep spamming by a day, huh, Orinori?

Orinori?

ORINORI!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He... he didn't make it.  :(
    kikoodutroa8
    Deja-vu...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    24 hour delay 20 minutes before the steam. 
    :trollface: CIG :trollface:

..Cake..

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    MaxBacon said:
    They have seldom done pre-recorded. Heavy scripted is their thing, and that can go wrong in oh so many ways... Ample reason to delay...
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited December 2017
    What's 24 hours when you've already waited a year for another live stream of Squadron 42? Isn't that when the last real live stream update for SQ42 happened?

I can give them a pass on a 24 hour delay, as long as there's some actual substantial information delivered. This live stream update has been hyped for a few months now; they really need to deliver.

Considering SQ42 was within imminent release a few times now, surely it should be ready for early 2018, right? 
    edited December 2017
    hfztt said:
    MaxBacon said:
    They have seldom done pre-recorded. Heavy scripted is their thing, and that can go wrong in oh so many ways... Ample reason to delay...
    Scripted is still live, even if you are specifically scripted something that is not finished yet to show the intended behavior, or rehearse what they will demo, it still is real time. 

Pre-recorded is not that, the Gamescom this year demo as well several times before with the game crashing mid-stream, that's the riskier way of doing it, pre-recorded is the safest.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    What's 24 hours when you've already waited a year for another live stream of Squadron 42? Isn't that when the last real live stream update for SQ42 happened?

I can give them a pass on a 24 hour delay, as long as there's some actual substantial information delivered. This live stream update has been hyped for a few months now; they really need to deliver.

Considering SQ42 was within imminent release a few times now, surely it should be ready for early 2018, right? 
    Apparently a lot of hard core SC fans and even some streamers took the day off from work for this and have to go back to work tomorrow.  With the cancellation and delay being announced only 40 minutes before the stream, people had no time to change any plans, to the point where even streamers were caught by it in the middle of their stream and others were left sitting on the couch alongside their "friends and family" that they invited over with "beer and pretzels" (their words) out for all and then... delayed!

Needless to say, you'd have to be a pretty hard core Star Citizen fan to do something like THAT just for a 2 hour stream, which makes it all the more funny seeing OTHER hard core Star Citizen fans on the official forums defending the game by saying it's THEIR fault for expecting CiG to be ready when CiG has the right to delay it if it's for the good of the stream.

It's like watching two factions of hard core Star Citizen fans go to war with each other.  :smiley:
    bartoni33
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Well, i'm shocked. This is most unlike Clownshoes Incompetent Games.
    bartoni33
    Well, apparently it *was* prerecorded, but they delayed it anyway.

https://i.redd.it/ppv36fiapd501.jpg

Also, I was under the impression that this was supposed to be an actual live stream, since that's what they've been calling it for some time now. My bad, I suppose.
    rpmcmurphykikoodutroa8
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Also, I was under the impression that this was supposed to be an actual live stream, since that's what they've been calling it for some time now. My bad, I suppose.
    Embedding this for posterity

Look at those excuses and backpedalling, shame on you Zyloh.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

Embedding this for posterity

Look at those excuses and backpedalling, shame on you Zyloh.

I wouldn't expect anything less of CIG. I still expect tomorrow to be some form of shit show.
    kikoodutroa8
    edited December 2017
    I'm just confused as to the reasoning they gave for the delay.

"Our decision to push the stream back 24 hours was a decision to accommodate a global audience, not just a North American one."

CIG wants to incorporate more time zones, and I'm totally cool with that, but they pushed it back 24 hours to the same exact time. How does that accommodate additional time zones?
    laxieOctagon7711
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

"Our decision to push the stream back 24 hours was a decision to accommodate a global audience, not just a North American one."

CIG wants to incorporate more time zones, and I'm totally cool with that, but they pushed it back 24 hours to the same exact time. How does that accommodate additional time zones?
    I am guessing their original time is one that's good for both US and EU. If they delayed it by several hours, people in the EU would be in bed. So they delayed it by 24, to make to reasonable for both zones again.
    EponyxDamorkikoodutroa8Octagon7711
    laxie said:

I am guessing their original time is one that's good for both US and EU. If they delayed it by several hours, people in the EU would be in bed. So they delayed it by 24, to make to reasonable for both zones again.
    That totally makes sense. Don't know why I didn't pick that up -- I read it a few times trying to figure out why it didn't make sense to me (as to me, it didn't really explain the delay).
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Like I said before it got delayed lets hope they can make the post production movie look more like a live stream than they have in the past, apparently they still havent got it down yet even with all the practice they have had.

Then they come out and claim it was never going to be live and it was going to be a video all along...riiiiiight.

A more obvious excuse is that its so buggy and bad they cant find 10 minutes worth of stuff to splice and piece together to even make a post production video look passable. They probably have everyone now playing the same avatar trying to get enough usable footage to make their movie.

Cant wait to dissect and expose the 500 edits and splices in that 15 minute charade.
    edited December 2017

Oh thanks, so it's a normal pre-recorded ATV episode streamed in twitch instead. I was under the impression it'd be like the stream events like GC and so.

Working on it until the very last minute is the worse thing to do on this stuff, impossible to give an acceptable heads-up when delayed.
    Sounds more like a Christmas special centered around SQ42 and a few sales.  Also sounds like problems at some of the many locations bringing things together.  Perhaps they still haven't gotten into having a dry run the day before and still expect everything to come together according to plan on the day of the event. 

I'm glad if the SQ42 stuff is pre-recorded, having it live only works if it goes live the same day in the PTU as an overview of what's new in the verse.