Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC is now selling tanks ...

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Sounds great as long as the game will be something we've never seen before.

That being said, i'm still skeptical of this whole project. SWtoR looked pretty awesome too before launch day.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    deniter said:
    Sounds great as long as the game will be something we've never seen before.

That being said, i'm still skeptical of this whole project. SWtoR looked pretty awesome too before launch day.
    Star Citizen's going to have the best most supercalifragalipicispialidocious space combat, FPS combat, housing combat, tank combat, and pooping combat you'll ever see (and yes, that last one is in fact an actual thing they plan for it.  Ditto for housing combat).  Those who dare to insult Star Citizen are those who insult DIVINE PERFECTION AND VISION.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited December 2017
    Seriously? I knew FPS combat was gonna be a feature of SC, but vehicle gameplay, too? Come on, the scope and feature creep is so beyond real. I'm fully expecting them to sell prefab bases for people to defend with these tanks, next; you know, since you can now buy the land and the tanks, gotta have something worth using them for, right?

Furthermore, I honestly don't understand how tanks even fit into Star Citizen. Or owning land, for that matter. I would understand space stations, but land and tanks now, too? I thought this was a space sim with FPS combat in some aspects, but I guess its a full blown universe simulator at this point.

I honestly want to know. How do tanks even fit into the scope of Star Citizen?
    edited December 2017

They don't.  CiG probably slapped together the IDEA of tanks at the last minute in order to help pay for legal fees or something because tanks weren't anywhere on the stretch goals or proposed gameplan EVER anywhere.  This is really COMPLETELY out of left field.  At least owning land was hinted at and talked about a little here and there but tanks?  NEVER EVER ANYWHERE.

The fact that they did such a fast donkey-pull sale of an item that has absolutely nothing to do with any iteration of the game ever discussed before really does imply that they're desperate for money (as if the land sale didn't already).
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    SEANMCAD said:
    My objective is to get Elite Status in all categories in Elite Dangerous before SC is released
    You'll achieve that goal easily - as SC at this rate will probably be close to release when your grandson have grandsons :P

Building and crewing a generation spaceship will probably be faster than SC development at this stage.
    Kyleran
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Tiamat64 said:

They don't.  CiG probably slapped together the IDEA of tanks at the last minute in order to help pay for legal fees or something because tanks weren't anywhere on the stretch goals or proposed gameplan EVER anywhere.  This is really COMPLETELY out of left field.  At least owning land was hinted at and talked about a little here and there but tanks?  NEVER EVER ANYWHERE.

The fact that they did such a fast donkey-pull sale of an item that has absolutely nothing to do with any iteration of the game ever discussed before really does imply that they're desperate for money (as if the land sale didn't already).
    over 1 year later and this is more true than ever

[Deleted User]RaquisEponyxDamorZoltosJamesGoblin

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2017
    Maybe this is what they meant by selling tanks

KyleranGreme

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    you should watch the original video of that guy laughing very funny but 100% true the subject he is talking about in that interview.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited December 2017

They have sunk to an all time low but may be there is room for more  as long as the fool and his money are willing.
    Asheram

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    kitarad said:

They have sunk to an all time low but may be there is room for more  as long as the fool and his money are willing.
    more like 
    TheScavenger
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Kefo said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    I'm waiting for them to sell boats, sand crawlers, power armor, space stations, technodromes, cyber unicorns, craftworlds, death stars, ascension to a daemon prince, and pets.
    lol would be awesome if they sold Death Stars and that hack Archer draws the concept and Disney comes after them as well
    I would just roll a moisture farmer and destroy everyone's Death Stars anyways...
    Kefo
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Viper482 said:
    I regret my meager $60 part in funding this pathetic crap.
    I agree, I haven't updated the client in a couple years. Which is just a ridiculous thing to say since there was supposed to be a game by now. They are still selling the same promises today, that they made what 3 or 4 years ago now? They just keep adding more non existent fluff to distract from the fact we still don't have the base game promised in the first place.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Mawnee said:
    Viper482 said:
    I agree, I haven't updated the client in a couple years. Which is just a ridiculous thing to say since there was supposed to be a game by now. They are still selling the same promises today, that they made what 3 or 4 years ago now? They just keep adding more non existent fluff to distract from the fact we still don't have the base game promised in the first place.
    Í have been playing the Alpha version of Star Citizen and enjoy it.

Have fun
    Mawnee said:
    Viper482 said:
    Make sure you get your refund while CiG still has money to refund!  They've passed the deadline to deliver a product so you are legally entitled to a refund under pretty much any developed country's trade laws.

The Star Citizen Refund reddit has some great advice if CiG tries to stall you (which they will)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Tiamat64 said:

over 1 year later and this is more true than ever

That is some funny shit.  On a serious note, though:  If they ever start selling concept space unicycles, I'm in!
    If you want a tank, get it in game for in game money once the game has launched. No real world money needed

If you want to support the Star Citizen crowdfunding, get anything for real world money... does not matter what you choose.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited December 2017
    Erillion said:
    If you want a tank, get it in game for in game money once the game has launched. No real world money needed

If you want to support the Star Citizen crowdfunding, get anything for real world money... does not matter what you choose.

Have fun
    As time goes on this sounds more and more like a really limp-wristed platitude.

It doesn't matter if you can get it in the game 5 years from now, no one cares about that. What people care about are CIG monetizing everything out the wazoo, they're taking the piss out of crowdfunding.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that they finished their "anniversary sale", making bank despite having a pathetic year of development and here they are once again increasing the scope and hawking more concept material.

As someone on MassivelyOP put it - CIG are getting a leg up for Worst Business Model of 2018.
    sgelMrMelGibson
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited December 2017
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    As time goes on this sounds more and more like a really limp-wristed platitude.

It doesn't matter if you can get it in the game 5 years from now, no one cares about that. What people care about are CIG monetizing everything out the wazoo, they're taking the piss out of crowdfunding.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that they finished their "anniversary sale", making bank despite having a pathetic year of development and here they are once again increasing the scope and hawking more concept material.

As someone on MassivelyOP put it - CIG are getting a leg up for Worst Business Model of 2018.
    Next up mech combat  because why not, in fact just add full planetary battles.
    Can call it Planet Citizen, it will be like Planetside except with less players, less fps but more fidelity.

Funnily enough as I write this Prodigy - out of space just came on my playlist "I'll take your brain to another dimension".

There's always more and it's always worse.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited December 2017
    In 2012 the guys at Extra Credits explained the real problem so well:

(1:48 to 2:13 - Cannot get limiting to work on the embed...)

You cannot really blame CiG for trying.
    hfztt said:

And it works .... 174 M$ ;-) within the hour

Have fun
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Stuff like this is totally cool.  But loot boxes for even cosmetic stuff (hell even in game upgrades) is worse?

Yeash.
    Kyleran
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    hfztt said:

And it works .... 174 M$ ;-) within the hour

Have fun
    Well you know what they say about a fool and their money
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    cash shop more than a game and spenders more than gamer's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Swanea said:
    Stuff like this is totally cool.  But loot boxes for even cosmetic stuff (hell even in game upgrades) is worse?

Yeash.
    It's different with SC because you're donating to The Vision, the one that is going to save PC gaming.

And you gain absolutely no advantage because apparently you're gonna be able to buy everything in-game. After 5 (6) years no one has any clue how the in-game pricing is going to work but don't worry you will be in no way at a disadvantage compared to the guys who have every item in game come launch day.
    [Deleted User]Kefo
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited December 2017
    Hmm sponsor 10 children for a year so they don't die in poverty ... or buy a pretend space ship, fake land and a tank that has no game play function for a year or more?

Fake stuff FUCK YA!
    KyleranNildenMrMelGibson

You stay sassy!