Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC is now selling tanks ...

Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
$95 Warbond (fresh cash only) 
https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-now-selling-tanks

World of Tanks here we go!

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
The cake is a lie.

kikoodutroa8

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    I'm waiting for them to sell boats, sand crawlers, power armor, space stations, technodromes, cyber unicorns, craftworlds, death stars, ascension to a daemon prince, and pets.
    Vrika[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonPoppled_20bartoni33EponyxDamorNildenPanther2103
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    It would have been strange to not sell tanks after selling bases.

Never mind how many games have successfully done land vehicle vs. space ship combat. Star Citizen will boldly sell what no-one has done before.
    bcbully

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    KyleranMrMelGibsonbcbullyPhryNildenAzaron_Nightblade
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Is anyone really surprised?

ScotchUpNilden

..Cake..

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Tiamat64 said:
    I'm waiting for them to sell boats, sand crawlers, power armor, space stations, technodromes, cyber unicorns, craftworlds, death stars, ascension to a daemon prince, and pets.
    lol would be awesome if they sold Death Stars and that hack Archer draws the concept and Disney comes after them as well
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Clearly most everything and anything is on the table and for sale, but hey, if they can get up to $795 for one of these I say go for it.

But I agree, tank combat is another level of gameplay complexity they really don't need right now, but probably was somehow stretch goal #52, can't be new scope creep after all.

bartoni33

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Clearly most everything and anything is on the table and for sale, but hey, if they can get up to $795 for one of these I say go for it.

But I agree, tank combat is another level of gameplay complexity they really don't need right now, but probably was somehow stretch goal #52, can't be new scope creep after all.

Everything can be shoved into a stretch goal somehow!

Promising underwater combat? See the stretch goal about adding water to planets! Totally what they were talking about and you're an idiot if you thought otherwise**

**The above is satire and in no ways represents actual stretch goals.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    My objective is to get Elite Status in all categories in Elite Dangerous before SC is released

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    They should outsource that part to wargaming.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    They could just sell the assets and let another developer finish the game. That way, they get the money, and we get something to play. Win win?

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

edited December 2017
    Anireth said:
    They could just sell the assets and let another developer finish the game. That way, they get the money, and we get something to play. Win win?

Truthfully, if I was a game developer interested in making a space sim game, I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay CiG to buy the Star Citizen name (and a name is practically all you'll really be getting since that programming code currently in existence is awful broken trash) just so I can now be LEGALLY OBLIGATED to program tanks into my "Star Citizen" space sim game.
    MaxBacon
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I read the thread hoping for 30-minute oxygen tanks. You'd have to purchase one whenever you leave your ship. Turns out it's just a vehicle. I've seen those in micro transactions a million times. And these people call themselves innovators ...
    [Deleted User]
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> ascension to a daemon prince >>>

I am tempted.

Have fun
    JamesGoblin
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They have ships with three year back orders, so they introduce tanks for back order now?  :/

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    They have ships with three year back orders, so they introduce tanks for back order now?  :/
    Gotta pay for that legal defense somehow, I guess?
    EponyxDamorNilden

They love stacking up debt. They release new concepts to sell to pay for the old concepts that are long overdue
  • ZanthraZanthra Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Heck I'm old now, when this comes out ill be six feet under.
    Aethaeryn
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    MadFrenchie

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Erillion said:
    >>> ascension to a daemon prince >>>

I am tempted.

Have fun
    Hell, I don't think much of the game's chances, but I'd be tempted too.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I regret my meager $60 part in funding this pathetic crap.
    Mawnee
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    SC is going to sell you everything thats in their game before you ever get their game.
    [Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Maybe Disney and EA will buy the game.  Except for the legal problem it still looks good on paper and comes with built-in backers.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Asheram said:
    SC is going to sell you everything thats in their game before you ever get their game.
    They will sell it to you twice if they can
    edited December 2017
    Next up, intergalactic nukes!  For only $50 you'll get a one-use item with Chris Robert's face painted on it that'll really ruin someone's day.  Buy the premium version for an extra $100 and it'll play a Christmas Jingle as it flies through the air towards that lousy hater that dared to incur your wrath while screaming that they're Derek Smart in disguise!
    KumaponJamesGoblinScot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Only a matter of time before they get into skins trading/gambling.

bartoni33EponyxDamorNilden

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon