Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHAT MMORPG TO PLAY IN 2017?

2»

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    tgoodspe said:
    What the hell is everyone playing nowadays?

I've been trying to find a new MMORPG to call home, but I just can't seem to find a good one to stick with... I feel like I've played all of the "big" ones, but any suggestions would be worthwhile.

~~~~~~~~~~

World of Warcraft - played it to death, have tried to give it another go but lose interest quickly. Nothing is new about this game anymore.

FFXIV - People say it's good. I gave it a go, but it still looks like the game from 10 years ago... would maybe consider giving it another chance.

Wildstar - Rather disappointing

GW2 - Personally don't think it's a good game

Secret Life - Never tried it, but have read a lot of reviews about the crappy combat, etc.

LOTRO - Gave it another whirl, horribly uninteresting

RIFT - Only ever leveled a character to like ~20, would consider giving it another go if it's populated.

ESO - Tried playing, didn't catch my interest. Would give it another go if I'm missing something here.

~~~~~~~~~~

Anything else people? I'm not looking for the perfect MMORPG, just something good that can hold my interest for a while and doesn't look like a game with 10 year old graphics.

Thanks!

Take the summer off from mmoRPGS and perhaps all video games.  Find some new things to do.
    Kyleran
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    go try Project Gorgon
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2017
    TERA and BnS are solid MMOs.  You may find yourself really enjoying the action combat as well.  I played each of them for several months and enjoyed my time in both.

But really there's nothing that's been released recently that's any good.  BDO is an insidious exercise in frustration with no group content.  Other than that- nothing really.

I currently spend my time gaming playing Overwatch and having lots of fun with that as well as improving as an FPS player slowly but surely despite my age and lack of experience in FPS games.  One of the most underrated aspects of Overwatch is you can start playing even if you can't aim at all, and contribute well to your team, and then move to characters that require aim over time.
    paleocat
  • kioubkioub Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hello fellow gamers, here is Byron from Pivotal Gamers.

We have implemented a custom rating engine that rates games based on their overall performance across the WEB. Rates from other major sites and communities, blogs, forums, comments, reactions on fan pages, mentions on the social WEB along with the feedback from our own experienced editors and community of course, are all added into the mix to calculate each game’s rate.

All in all, below is our list of top rated/most anticipated MMOs to play in 2017 and beyond:

Best MMO Games To Play In 2017

• World of Warcraft
    • TERA
    • EVE Online
    • Guild Wars 2
    • Rift
    • Aion
    • Neverwinter
    • Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • Lord of the Rings Online
    • FINAL FANTASY XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
    • Black Desert Online
    • The Elder Scrolls Online

Hot Upcoming MMO Games 2017 – 2018

• Lost Ark
    • Albion Online
    • Chronicles of Elyria
    • Ashes of Creation
    • Dark and Light
    • Camelot Unchained
    • Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance
    • Bless Online
    • MU Legend
    • Darkfall: New Dawn
    • Legends of Aria
    • Edengrad
    • Worlds Adrift
    • Secret World Legends
    For more information you can visit our Top MMO Games To Play In 2017 at https://www.pivotalgamers.com/2017/02/27/top-mmo-games-to-play-2017/

Happy gaming!
    TheScavengerZerosx3
  • SasisusesoSasisuseso Member CommonPosts: 2
    @tgoodspe

I feel we have similar interests in mmorpg. 

I think you probably will like mmorpg that have all these main features:

-----------------------------------------------------
    1. storyline / gameplay (about becoming a mercenary leader and owning a warband, etc) where the player have 2-6 NPC followers that are upgradeable, customizeable 

2. realistic melee combat (like For Honor) where block, parry, dodge requires reaction instead of RNG. 

3. realistic enough character movements, jumping, climbing (like assassin creed)

4. But with cartoony graphic for system longevity (Guild wars2 graphics is acceptable)

5. First person option (ESO)

6. cross system play between console and pc (FF14)

7. area level scaling (One tamriel)

8. Minimal gear treadmill (GW2)
    ------------------------------------------------------

Thats my assumption based on my own wishlist

Such mmorpg doesnt exist yet tho, so alternatively you may like to play the currently available mmorpg with non-competitive unique spec but good enough to clear casual group content

I have tried some on my own such as:

1. ESO (magicka nightblade heavy armor tank/healer hybrid)

2. GW2 (sword/shield, all physical utility and spellbreaker wonder woman themed warrior)

3. FF14 darkknight 

4. WOW druid feral (this one is actually competitive too, but nothing new as you said)

5. Destiny 2 (Titan sentinel with Sturm HC/Drang sidearm/sword setup)

None of those games is sticky enough like WoW (vanila till pandaria) to me cos i guess so many good new games launched almost every month

Its difficult to have WoW stickiness for me (and you) unless maybe my wishlist above in an mmorpg is met