Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to play in 2018?

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
Im looking forward to

MMO:

Crowfall
Ashes of Creation
Ascent: Infinite Realm
WoW Classic
Dual Universe

Non-MMO:

Anno 1800
Age of Empires 4 
Monster Hunter World 
Ni No Kuni 2
Dragon Ball Fighter Z 
Soul Calibur 6 
Mega Man 11
Code Vein
Dauntless

thats it so far, maybe i missed  something. :D

To what  games are you looking forward to, next year?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2017
    Still playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Almost 80 hours in and still not done.

After that, i'm not sure. Will probably go back to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on the PSP emulator which can play online via ip with my friends while we are waiting for Monster Hunter Worlds.

As for mmos, nothing for now. Just waiting for Black Desert and Blade & Soul on PS4, but PA and NCsoft are going mobile first so that will take time.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Same as this year.  D2, The Division, GW2, ESO, L2R, revisiting some older MMO's and RPG's, buying whatever has a great holiday sale.  Nothing I see coming up looks really good in terms of actual gameplay, so will wait and see.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

New Elder Scrolls game (not yet announced, so I guess it may not be ready for launch in 2018)
    What's the info on this?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Pantheon I already funded, and I will keep my eyes open for the other games but I don't have that much hope. 

Not much on the list seems to be my type of game, I am sure there will be a couple of other none MMO games I buy though.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited December 2017
    Sadly each year I keep thinking a game will grab me and I will be able to play a new game I like.  The newest game in my rotation I currently play is from 2013.  Hoping 2018 brings me something new.  I will admit one game I haven't tried that I have high hopes for is Divinity 2.  It seems like something I could get into but I am waiting for a good chunk of time to present itself. 

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    First half of the year I will probably spend playing games that came out in 2017 and if that's not enough I might grab a console and play some of those games as well. No idea what games are confirmed to release in 2018 coming out on PC.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Somewhere along in 2017 I decided to play what I have rather than jump on every new thing like I once did. I ended up buying just 2 games. ME: Andromeda and Divinity Original Sin 2 and had 2 gifted to me, Darkest Dungeon and Civ 6.

Together with my ESO sub, I'm good for a while.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:

New Elder Scrolls game (not yet announced, so I guess it may not be ready for launch in 2018)
    What's the info on this?
    Pretty much none. Apologies if I raised your hopes up.

I vaguely remember an article stating that there will be another Elder Scrolls (non-MMO) game in the future without any specifics regarding the date.

I assume that Elder Scrolls will be announced relatively close to release without any pre-alphas, alphas, and so on, so that it is not totally impossible that it may release in 2018. I think it is quite unlikely though.
    Yeah. Bethesda is pretty tight lipped and they only announce games shortly before release. Lately they typically do this at Quakecon in the fall. The earliest I would expect a new ES announcement would be fall 2018 with a possible early 2019 release.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Fallout 4 was released a few months after it was announced. This seems to be Bethesda's style lately... not to keep us waiting. Their sales prove it's the best thing to do.. get it released while it's in still original hype mode. I'm expecting the same from ESVI; it could drop at any moment.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    my only hope is they turn the asherons call servers back on in 2018 :'(
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I'm going back to Rift, $99 bucks for a year subscription.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Tokken said:
    I'm going back to Rift, $99 bucks for a year subscription.
    I played it when it came out, was really fun at the beginning, but endgame sucked, so i never returned. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Sad to say, nothing at all appears of interest to me in the new & up-and-coming games, so 2018 MMOs will be Guild Wars 1 and probably still some J.D. private servers (looks like we're down to three of those).
    beebop500
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • NithirNithir Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Still enjoying BoTW, and makes me want an MMO based on it's engine\open playstyle. 

As for MMO's, im looking forward to Pantheon, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Wild West Online and hopefully Classic WoW. 

Also Monster Hunter World
    SirAgravaine
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Multiplayer-wise I'd be playing Monster Hunter World. I might give The Division another try. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    dougha1 said:
    Sad to say, nothing at all appears of interest to me in the new & up-and-coming games, so 2018 MMOs will be Guild Wars 1 and probably still some J.D. private servers (looks like we're down to three of those).
    Thats really sad. Not even singleplayer / multiplayer games?

- Albert Einstein

• HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited December 2017
    lotro teso swtor for the story, bdo
    wow vanilla  (maybe) and some offline games (rts rpg)
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Sovrath said:

What's the info on this?
    Pretty much none. Apologies if I raised your hopes up.

I vaguely remember an article stating that there will be another Elder Scrolls (non-MMO) game in the future without any specifics regarding the date.

I assume that Elder Scrolls will be announced relatively close to release without any pre-alphas, alphas, and so on, so that it is not totally impossible that it may release in 2018. I think it is quite unlikely though.
    I doubt you'll see a new Elder Scrolls in 2018

At E3 2017, some dude from Bethesda confirmed that they were developing two major new games before they even began on ES6. He confirmed they hadn't even begun designing it, let alone done any development. 

As for the OP, the only thing I am looking forwards to is the Camelot Unchained beta tests. I've not backed it, but if the betas start looking fun then that will be when I do back it. It's the only MMO in development that has captured my imagination and is the only MMO looking to actually leverage the power of being massively multiplayer. 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2017
    2018 will be playing Black Desert Online for sure.

I am looking forward to Age Of Wushu 2, Conqueror Blade, Bless, AIR, Sea Of Thieves and Peria Chronicles.
    [Deleted User]
    edited December 2017
    Mikeha said:
    2018 will be playing Black Desert Online for sure.

I am looking forward to Age Of Wushu 2, Conqueror Blade, Bless, AIR, Sea Of Thieves and Peria Chronicles.
    Ah yeah, Peria Chronicles, i almost forgot. :D Its looks really nice, but i doubt that it will make it  to west in  the next two years or so.

- Albert Einstein

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    ESO for MMO, non-MMO I would add Skyrim special edition.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    There are 7 or 8 MMO's on the most voted list, any of those coming out in 2018?
    YashaX
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Finally getting my hobbit to Mordor..
    Reawakening my Jedi and finish all the expansions.
    Making a Warden and travel the roads of Tamriel
    Doing some of the older zones in WoW (post patch 7.3.5)
    And allowing my elementalist to continue living his storie

There is way to much on my to do list....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    I'm actually looking forward to Red Dead Redemtion 2, Anthem, And Last of us 2......Among some Horror games comin out....
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited December 2017
    Pantheon is the only MMO that I hope will launch in some fashion in 2018.

SP games are also not very interesting to me looking to next year.  Cuberpunk 2077 might come out in 2018, though, and I'll play that for sure.