Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it after the patch?

shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61
Anyone actually playing after the patch to give their opinion?

Comments

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I bought and refunded the game on Steam a few days ago.  I saw one other person in the hour or so I played, never seen an MMORPG that dead.
  • shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61
    well crap, that's depressing.. Been hankering for a decent sci-fi mmo, guess i'll keep waiting.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    The sad thing is, it was great until production came to a halt. Once they got things sorted out it just never took off again. Too bad, it has great bones, it just needs to be fleshed out and polished up.
    PhryRemyVorender

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I tried it. Nine months ago they put it back up on steam. This is the first patch in nine months. While the patch notes are progress it's not exactly building much confidence since this is all they did in nine months... That and when I tried to start the game I got a character already in the world error started it again and really couldn't tell much was done in the five minutes I bothered to play.

TL;DR

This game is still years out and at this pace will never get done.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Second worst $40 I've spent on crowdfunding, after SotA.  It may not be first only because of my expectations for SotA.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I'm glad they refunded me when they did.  I bought in early before steam.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    in this day and age, when a game flops that hard at first, there really is no recover.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This is probably a dead game walking. Oh and the end of the hero engine.
    PhryRemyVorender

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    shohen said:
    well crap, that's depressing.. Been hankering for a decent sci-fi mmo, guess i'll keep waiting.
    This is why I never buy the hype on games in beta...This game was supposed to be THE next great sci fi game and its already done.....Wake me up when there is actually a game released that is halfway decent.
  • GlitchyGirlGlitchyGirl Member CommonPosts: 1
    Sorry to randomly pop in when I'd never posted in the past but just wanted to let people know that right now the game is for the most part as it was when Above and Beyond had the game.   Mostly posting this because I'd like there to at least be some exchange of info about what is going on.

From what I've heard, is that because of how they ABT put stuff together the game was running on an older version of the Hero Engine.  Now attempting to upgrade it would result in breaking a bunch of stuff due to some not so nice coding and work arounds on ABT's side.   As such if they had upgraded the engine version two or three years ago it would have meant they would have first had to upgrade their systems they programmed.

Because of this, as I understand it; the folks at IF is currently in the process of trying to fix the little hacks and work around that worked with the older engine so that things don't go sideways when they bring it to a newer version of HE.

All of the above said, if anything just sit back and see what they do with it once they finally do get things updated to the new engine after the coding and so on gets fixed and ported over to the new engine.   

Perhaps I'm just a bit of an optimist at this point, but as said before... the bones and mechanics there... now let's see if we can get a fully fleshed out and fun world out of it.  I like to think we will and I'll be keeping an eye on it.
  • hamlathishamlathis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    i'm going to give it a go
  • hamlathishamlathis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited November 2017
    Game crashed several times (before the patche it was stable on my PC) :/

I'm alone as i was 1 month ago, 3 months ago etc
    deleted :s

Imo, but maybe I'm wrong, we can forget this game as we can forget all the SOTAs in the world.

A lot of money and time lost.

So I won't pay for another ct for an indie MMO as all of them lost the battle against AAA mmos.

I you want to play a MMO take wow GW2 swtor lotro or teso or other AAA game but forget those unfinished works. 

I wanted to play repop as an ancient player of SWG but it's over now.I'm done.

With all the money lost with repop albion sota H1Z1 and this kind of minecraft made by SOE or even fallen earth (dead place) I could easily pay 1 year of sub to  wow or buy a lot of addons to TESO or another AAA mmo.

Think about it.

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    It's really hard to say!
    I think we'll need to see the release of their first major patch (aka Condorslug) before we can judge the team fairly on that front.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    shohen said:
    It would be interesting to hear. I gave up on that abomination a long time ago.

Probably still won't convince me to play, though.
    HolyAvengerOne

edited November 2017
    shohen said:

Yeah, I'm totally popcorning it these days :D 

If anyone wants to discuss without fear of getting moderated for dubious reasons: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRepopAltCommunity/
  • The_MazikeenThe_Mazikeen Member CommonPosts: 1
    shohen said:

If anyone wants to discuss without fear of getting moderated for dubious reasons: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRepopAltCommunity/
    Dubious? From what I've seen, they only moderated you due to your whining, crying, demanding little narcissistic attitude. Everyone on that team seems more than helpful and friendly especially in their Discord, official site, reddit and facebook. Sure some people are salty about the entire situation and that is to be expected.
    Shit happens and hopefully they'll overcome it but your mindless ongoing banter over getting banned is down right annoying. They're at least trying to make the game better and feel alive again. The community is perking up and with that things will improve as long as they keep trying and showing progress. 
    shohen said:

Dubious? From what I've seen, they only moderated you due to your whining, crying, demanding little narcissistic attitude. Everyone on that team seems more than helpful and friendly especially in their Discord, official site, reddit and facebook. Sure some people are salty about the entire situation and that is to be expected.
    Shit happens and hopefully they'll overcome it but your mindless ongoing banter over getting banned is down right annoying. They're at least trying to make the game better and feel alive again. The community is perking up and with that things will improve as long as they keep trying and showing progress. 
    Nah, I got moderated because I was being negative and didn't shut the hell up when they asked me too, that's the only reason. When they did, yes I was displeased, and since I no longer believe that they have the capacity to see this game through and delivered, I thought it could be fun/liberating to respond to them in kind. And it was :)

I never broke any of their forum rules. I didn't yell crap at anyone, nor made personal attacks, harassment or otherwise campaigned against them until they chose to permanently banning me without giving actual reasons beyond the fact I was being negative and didn't shut up.

There's no way they'll just bully me into shutting up without me replying -- none.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well looks like you overstepped the rules here in some fashion.

One piece of advice,  if someone asks you to desist from doing something in "their house" it's usually best to comply.

Or you'll continue to be shown the door. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited November 2017
    do you really think there's still a house ?
    "Well, they went from an average of 4 players to 15. Business is booming!! roflmao " not enough for a single guild lol

it's over, as SOTA, money and time lost, over. I'm going to play a 2nd char on lotro because mordor is a mess, and take a sub to... WOW Probably lost my ID because played Wow 2 years ago but I dont' care as it's still one of the best mmo.

The repop is a dead game.

(and as an idiot i'm waiting now for pantheon)
    Pantheon? 
    shohen said:
    1 or 2 players online (i was one of the 1 or 2 players lol)
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    So apparently its not possible to bring this one back to life.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2017
    Nope, the 2 servers are empty, I was alone on Eu and US server. saw another player 1 time on EU server, no more. I'm looking now for an alternative to The repopulation. It's the same on SOTA, dead games, empty servers, nobody noone, nothing. I payed for dead games.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'll be back in Repop as soon as the upcoming full wipe is done.

I wouldn't recommend joining the game at this point, most people that were active stopped playing months ago when the wipe was announced.