Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Past, Present & Future Insights with Merv Lee Kwai - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge - Past, Present & Future Insights with Merv Lee Kwai - MMORPG.com

Since these changes we have seen a little less of Khrolan on Trion Worlds Friday Twitch livestreams so I wanted to spend a little more time catching up with Merv Lee Kwai and seeing if we could share any more news relevant to 4.0 and the future of ArcheAge while also getting to know him a little more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Thanks for asking about a fresh start server with a sub model. I would play this game if they ever did that. Without it, I wont play this game.

Nice to know they are considering sub as an option. I hope Hartman pushes hard for it.
    AlbatroesScellowViper482Dvora[Deleted User]rasgan514mazeru30
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    No PVE server... enjoy your PVP P2W trash game with no players Trion.
    Viper482SlyLoKHarikenqomawekyAsmodeuXBonejokerOctagon7711ZdarcStjerneoddand 2 others.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    It doesn't matter how many "fresh-start servers" they add. The cash shop is still P2W and the world is still over-ran by bots. I'll pass.
    Viper482BonejokerAlteiirchojin2kmazeru30
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    I have to honestly say that Trion is the sole reason I don't play their games despite how good they are at the core. I'm sorry guys, but you all used to be ROCK SOLID in the beginning, but F2P happened and it all went downhill from there. It REALLY sucks to see a good company spoil over time, but it's unfortunate and it happens. Some companies just know how to manage income better than others. It's a fact of business. Hope you all are able to go back to your roots, turn things around, recover, and survive to tell about it.
    Viper482valoizmazeru30
    Isaiah 41:10
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2017
    F Trion, F Archeage, and F Merv and his propaganda , give us a sub only server with cosmetic cash shop only or F Off
    Viper482AlbatroesDvoraFlyByKnightAsmodeuXZdarcvaloizAshluralaseritmazeru30and 1 other.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I would play if there was a sub only server with no cash shop.

I will never play the current P2W version!
    AlpiusViper482ThupliBonejokerrasgan514Phry

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited December 2017
    Sees the words Trion and ArcheAge together

/TRIGGERED

Screw this guy and everyone who had a part in destroying what was an awesome Alpha+ game.
    valoizalkarionlogmazeru30
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    And they will be launching 4.0 WITH the major disconnect issues.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Forced PVP game lol. When will devs learn this never works out for them.
    Octagon7711mazeru30MrMelGibson
  • LexTalionLexTalion Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I will never play any games by these greedy Trion fucks again, and i hope Ascent: infinite realm will kill archeage once and for all.
    valoizmazeru30
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Great first photo, but they are advertising MacDonald's in game?
    Phrymazeru30
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited December 2017
    replacing Seraphina “Celestrata” Brennan who was deservedly promoted to Associate Producer.

Huh? Celestrata was a horrible CM. Granted the AA community is about as toxic as it gets, but before Celestrata the community was actually allowed to be a community. During Celestrata's reign of terror the community was told to tow the party line or be banned, and banned they were, relentlessly. Some indeed deservedly, but the ones that got banned for simply voicing an opinion? Celestrata definitely didn't deserve a promotion to associate producer.
    valoizZdarcEnikPhrymazeru30
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The AA forum community wasn't that toxic. It's mostly deserved frustration (of obtuse fans). XL Games is a silly developer, Trion is an absolutely useless publisher who lied about how much decision making they'd have and the folks who spend a bunch of money know that speaking "constructively" isn't going to do anything, so they turn the filter off.

If somebody flashed a big light on all the BS that Trion/XL has done with Archeage they'd be in 10x the amount of media sh!#storm EA and Bungie are.
    • Bait and switch on cash shop item stats.
    • Ninja changes almost every patch cycle.
    • RNG manipulation to push cash shop agenda.
    • Necessary upgrade items unable to stack to upsell inventory expansion.

Meanwhile the poor saps are still falling for the "Fresh Start" scam XL/Trion have running.

valoizPhrymazeru30MrMelGibson
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited December 2017
    Trion is the #1 enemy of their game. Worst publisher with 0 tolerance to critizism and no attention to any playerbase suggestion. Last Fresh start servers are completly dead and both fresh&legacy servers dominate by a few HEAVY p2w guilds opressing everyone else till people leave.

Isthe most Toxic game you will ever play with also a toxic publisher. This game have NO pve (No dungeons or raids with significant endgame loot) / no PVP unless you P2w and play darkrunner / No commerce (they broke it with the cargo sistem) / Nothing.

AA is about making gold to buy stuff from p2w players. And to do that you need to also serve those p2w players so you become both their slave and client.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

Khegobier said:

replacing Seraphina “Celestrata” Brennan who was deservedly promoted to Associate Producer.

Huh? Celestrata was a horrible CM. Granted the AA community is about as toxic as it gets, but before Celestrata the community was actually allowed to be a community. During Celestrata's reign of terror the community was told to tow the party line or be banned, and banned they were, relentlessly. Some indeed deservedly, but the ones that got banned for simply voicing an opinion? Celestrata definitely didn't deserve a promotion to associate producer.

Hi ya, just to give you an overview of why I think she deserves her promotion:

A community manager is a bridge to the community, they seldom cross it without advice from their management. Keep in mind also that Muzzy is doing the same, any CM for this game will never please everybody because they also publicly moderate/publicly address moderation but they never make that decision alone and why I say she deserved that promotion is she has been excellent at retaining, relaying and clearing up information quicker than most CM's I have seen in any game which is no easy fete with there being a developer to answer to in a different timezone. With that timezone in mind seeing her operate so often outside normal office hours is also commendable on top of working outside Austin hours vs Redwood where Trion is based. Her enthusiasm for ArcheAge as well as getting into the spirit of events and convincing XL of community events is definitely worth her promotion, I hope we see a lot more community events (WTB Community Plush design event!) Someone with all her knowledge of the game in its current state and all those who play/played it is also better than bringing in someone brand spanking new.

Mistakes will happen no doubt, personality conflicts and events like the one you refer to will also happen no matter who is CM but I stand by what I said because of these reasons and don't mind sharing them to clarify.

valoizSirLornEnik
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    When I first heard the Devs describing all the things in this game I thought it was great, until they mentioned the part of pve zones being phased down at level 30.  I played the game and had a lot of fun until lvl 30 then stopped.  Fun while it lasted.  
    SirLorn

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited December 2017

Scot said:

Great first photo, but they are advertising MacDonald's in game?

Just so its clear this screentshot is player made. UCC features in AA offer players the chance to add whatever they like and McDonalds/Starbucks/Coca Cola etc are very popular. I thought it was hilarious when i first saw it and still is so thought I'd share.

When I first heard the Devs describing all the things in this game I thought it was great, until they mentioned the part of pve zones being phased down at level 30.  I played the game and had a lot of fun until lvl 30 then stopped.  Fun while it lasted.  

Trying to remember what you mean by phased down and was this the first year?
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Yea the only way I will play again is a Sub Only server with no Cash Shop. I dont mind the forced PVP, the problem I have with the PVP is the $200 cars that can push a player out of a Safe Zone when trading in a pack. Without the Cars players would have to be out on the sea trying to get the players with trade packs not sitting at the Pack Turn in NPC. No skill is involved with NPC sitting.
  • ZdarcZdarc Member UncommonPosts: 23
    $200 cars? Glad I got to play in those during the last night of alpha for free and dumped this game once I saw what it really was.
  • SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    He's talking about the new cars, you can rent the original ones when a certain few community centers hit 3.....

Yo danwest58, ummm I have to say, you had options
    1. Make friends
    2. Be watchful, it's not like the cars are friggin stealthed....
    3. Disconnect if you actually got snagged, they shouldn't be able to get you to a kill zone in time.....log in an alt, communicate with [see suggestion 1] to do something about it
    4. Report that shit, if there are no 'dealers of justice' on your server or whatever, I guarantee that a shit ton of tickets are gonna get looked at if you and your 'suggestion 1's' flood support every time they do it
    5. Hell give em a pack, I bet you they see you again, and remember 'hey it's that pushover that gave us a pack, leave him alone guys" would eventually happen, especially if you stayed out of /shout....and /say and or /faction about your 'ordeal'

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I loved this game at first. I had decent gear and then I saw someone come into our group, kill three people and run out without dying. He kept doing this over and over and I realized we were doing no damage to him. Gear meant everything and he purchased it. It made my love for the game disappear quickly and I quit because I wasn't willing to drop $3000 to win.
  • z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    amazing game - trash publisher; fuck you trion and fuck everything you stand for
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Trion and EA are on my permabanned list. Never again.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • Torin_KhaosTorin_Khaos Member UncommonPosts: 18
    p2w Asian trash game. move along
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I never got the fascination with this game....Everyone kept calling it a sandbox, all I saw was quest hubs.....FOrced PVP later was a total turn off....Moved on.