Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New leveling at the ptr patch 7.3.5

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

leveling in WoW will get some major changes..
it will become harder and more challenging
it will become slower
and after the beginners zone, there is a dynamic range for most zones
finally allowing people to finish some mainstories again while leveling.

but will this make a difference for the game?
to my knowledge everyone that loves the leveling part of this game allready left it behind
and the current generation seems not interested in the comtemt
all they want is more and better gear and power...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Won't make any difference. It's still the same old linear, on-rails questing and dungeon finder spam from 10 to max.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    deniter said:
    Won't make any difference. It's still the same old linear, on-rails questing and dungeon finder spam from 10 to max.
    I'll honestly agree given that I have 20+ to 110 atm so leveling won't be a draw in for me at all especially since it'll be slower. It does seem more geared towards the newer people and more RP centric. WoW ultimately boils down to (as with almost every mmorpg on the market today) level up > gear up > use said gear to get more gear > repeat step 3 until the end of the expansion while doing the same on alts as down time. Sprinkle in some outfit/weapon appearances/mount farming in there as well. My main isn't with that said system is that none of that stuff you do past hitting the level cap doesn't matter when the new expansion lands. Sure, for 3-4 months you'll probably level faster if you have better gear than a fresh previous capped toon but heirlooms scale up after 4 months or so and then you'll level faster than that vs your god tier raid gear from the previous expansion. You can say what you want about AA, but the gear system at its core is pretty solid since the progress you make in it has lasted for years since the 55 cap increase. I'm not really sure what will 'save' WoW's progression system at this point but I'm guessing they wont stop level cap increases any time soon since going past 100 is awkward enough. I mean even ESO's progression seems a bit more interesting since they've kept their cap at 50 since release yet still add different types of stuff to do.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    too little too late there.  I wouldnt even appreciate it at this point.  vanilla servers on the other hand, where everyone starts fresh will be fun.

deniter
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    deniter said:
    If done right, i don’t mind this...as long as the process is entertaining.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)