Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premium Currency to be Introduced in Early 2018 - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePremium Currency to be Introduced in Early 2018 - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

Crowfall News - The latest Founders' Update has been published on the Crowfall site to provide folks with a bit more information about the forthcoming introduction of the game's premium currency. Called "Crowns", the currency will be available starting at $5 for 500 Crowns and discounts for larger purchases. These funds can be used in the in-game shop, with no item costing over $200. All items currently at the $200+ mark will be retired at the end of 2017.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShaiapoufShaiapouf Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Phew! At least none of the items are going to be over $200! $201 would be absolutely insane pricing, its good that they're putting their foot down at a reasonable level!
    JamesGoblinAlomarAeanderMrMelGibsonk61977SlyLoKcameltosisIRandomanemo
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    What the hell happened to b2p ... seems like every gaming company is following this disgusting ingame shop trend. Stop buying these games.
    JamesGoblinNildenAlomarDhamon99OzmodanrazorgrIRandomDJStavrosqoma
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    well 1 more game I can cross off the list
    JamesGoblinNildenMoms_SpaghettiIRandom
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    IT BEGINS.

(or perhaps, it simply continues?)
  • lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited December 2017
    To the people complaining about this. They're not required to play the game. :smile:
    JamesGoblinnatpickYashaXOzmodan
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Potential problems with this model? Here's a big one.

"How will ACE prevent the guild leaders from embezzling the funds in the guild wallet?

The guild wallet is owned by the guild leader, and they can't embezzle what they own. To be clear: the contents of the guild wallet are considered to be owned by the guild leader.

Be careful who you trust."
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188Knytta[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonOzmodan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    lancerxx said:
    To the people complaining about this. They're not required to play the game. :smile:

Yeah , until they add more shit to it.. look man , they made over 2.5mil+ so far and they are charging 50$ upfront for a game that has a cashshop ( u are not in power of what they place in there be it now or 6 months from now so don't bring that bs excuse *just cosmetics* , they all start whit JUST COSMETICS! pinky swear! 
    Alomarloukosqoma
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Kyleran said:

"How will ACE prevent the guild leaders from embezzling the funds in the guild wallet?

The guild wallet is owned by the guild leader, and they can't embezzle what they own. To be clear: the contents of the guild wallet are considered to be owned by the guild leader.

While it's a potential problem, I for one think it's a good solution. A clear rule means people will better know what to expect.
    JamesGoblin

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    @SBFord

The date for Early Bird Guild Rewards program looks like it's wrong, it can't be identical to date for Earliest Bird Guild Rewards program.

It looks like the mistake is on Crowfall's website.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson

edited December 2017
    Kyleran said:

Just like Eve.  No matter how much you think you can trust someone, it'll never be enough.  Gotta love those multi-billion guild (corporation) scandals!
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Adding a donate to guild option is a bad sign....I'll play the game but this hurts my heart knowing what will happen in the end.
    JamesGoblin
  • lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited December 2017

lancerxx said:

Yeah , until they add more shit to it.. look man , they made over 2.5mil+ so far and they are charging 50$ upfront for a game that has a cashshop ( u are not in power of what they place in there be it now or 6 months from now so don't bring that bs excuse *just cosmetics* , they all start whit JUST COSMETICS! pinky swear! 

I'm just saying they're not pointing a gun, to people's heads saying you must buy the crowns to play. Also did i did not say just cosmetics, in my original post. :)
    JamesGoblin
    edited December 2017
    Cash shops that move beyond cosmetics by nature will eventually come at the cost of the game.  Once the ball starts rolling, then the developer ALWAYS has to deal with the question of if they can make money off of whatever they are programming, and that can and will come into conflict with programming something to be fun.

This is not helped by the fact that MMORPG cash shops almost always move beyond cosmetics eventually (not to be confused with MOBA cash shops, where fair play is tantamount to having any sort of customer base).  Unless they manage to pull a Path of Exile but I doubt that will happen.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Wish it was subscription. I subbed shadowbane.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Not bad, on sale right now you can reserve a guild name for $40 then your guild can buy a palace for $7,000.

I liked the sound of this game but all I see is cash shop crap everywhere, not saying its going to be bad cause I like the way it sounds but the signs for me are pointed straight to run away.
    AlomarnatpickloukosJamesGoblinTalonsinanemo
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited December 2017
    For me the cash shop is to be expected and I do not understand peoples surprise that a b2p mmo has a cash shop. GW2 has it, BDO has it and ESO has it....which coincidentally uses Crowns also as their cash shop currency. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any b2p mmo that doesn't have a cash shop, as they need some form of income to keep the servers open.

For me it all depends on what they are selling in the cash shop that can make or break the game. I would rather have it b2p with optional cash shop that sells cosmetic items and fluff than a monthly sub. Unless your a game with a huge IP the monthly sub is really hard to be successful with.

People tend to be less patient with you when they are having to fork out a monthly fee, where as with a cash shop they still play the game but just threaten to not spend anything in the shop.

Right now I am still looking forward to this one when it launches. I would normally buy into it just now but im on a boycott of buying into games early as the last few either went belly up or were a disaster on launch.

Post edited by Scarran on
    lancerxxMrMelGibsonYashaXJamesGoblinManWithNoTan
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited December 2017
    Crowfall had an epic launch, we all enjoyed it! Huge thrilling fights, legendary music! The friendships, the companionship. It brings a tear to my eye. Oh man the memories!

Now all they desire is some extra cash so they can keep going. Give it i say! What is 200 bucks in today's standards? Milk,bread and coffee, just that so you can support your favorite game, the one you're playing for hours and hours everyday. I say it deserves it.

Also before i forget, i am in the process of making a guild, anyone who holds a normal job and wants to contribute crowns daily please stay in contact. I will wear a bikini in every guild meeting.
    lancerxxLeFantomeMrMelGibsonAzaron_NightbladeYashaXAlexanderVendiManWithNoTan
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Ugh, it's like they know rvr pvpers have so few options these days they plan to nickel and dime us to death. Definitely an added con and dip to my interest in Crowfall.
    BruceYee
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Since the are charging for the ga!e, and will have an in game shop, I will certainly not preorder and will wait 3-6 months to see what the shop actually looks like
    BruceYee
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    rip
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Sigh. Can't trust any game studio these days.
    Tazdrago
    --------------------------------------------
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    ...and people say Blizzard is greedy . This guys hasn't even released the game, are charging 40-50$ for the game and still, you see a cash shop with a huge P2W potential.

People were crying about the EA's BF2 loot boxes and yet, we see a ... 7000$ "palace" in this game.

Well deserved I guess. As long as some players want that ..."palace" , we will all see this kind of games popping up ..and in the end , nothing will change.

So ..

STOP GIVING MONEY TO SHITTY COMPANIES !!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    WoW is looking good these days with it's no bullshit subscription model. Seriously, I'm considering starting it up again...
    anemo
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    WoW is looking good these days with it's no bullshit subscription model. Seriously, I'm considering starting it up again...
    I am telling you, is the only game in this fucked up MMO genre, which is worth playing it. 

I am playing it on and off since Legion started , and I am having a blast. There is no other MMO which can come close to WoW in ALL terms. 

Plus, as you said , with  "no bullshit subscription model" . 15$ a month and you get it FULL. 

On a side note .. let's take a moment and let's imagine a world without Blizzard.

.... exactly !
    MyrdynnMrMelGibsonMadFrenchie

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    As long as it's all related to the personal housing shards I don't really care what they sell. If they start to sell items that impact the campaign games that's a different story.

That said... hiding costs behind "crowns" is lame.
    MrMelGibsonYashaXAlomar

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018