Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC makes PC Gamers worst micro transactions list

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    I love seeing Star Citizen under heavy attack, it usually means something amazing in SC is just about to be revealed!

8 DAYS TO GO! 
    The only information they could share which would fall into the amazing category would be projected release dates for SQ42.

Should be close enough. Unlikely dates but more likely the production report detailing SQ42, together with the long-awaited gameplay demo of it.

The forum rage against SC intensifies around the times of its big events, pretty standard seeing the past years of this forum tbh, we'd be better by tuning in "Let it Go" and let it rage on \o/
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    I love seeing Star Citizen under heavy attack, it usually means something amazing in SC is just about to be revealed!

8 DAYS TO GO! 
    The only information they could share which would fall into the amazing category would be projected release dates for SQ42.

That is what will happen. Unlikely dates but more likely the production report detailing SQ42, together with the long-awaited gameplay demo of it.
    Did you mean to write "that won't happen"?

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:

8 DAYS TO GO! 

Projected release dates that will be used to drive sales and then will be pushed back x amount of times 
    bcbully
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    How dare gaming companies to showcase the direction the game is heading to their backers! Naughty them ! So much better to be kept in the dark crying in the forums for space legs an atmospheric landings :D
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Babuinix said:
    How dare gaming companies to showcase the direction the game is heading to their backers! Naughty them ! So much better to be kept in the dark crying in the forums for space legs an atmospheric landings :D
    Annnnndddd there's where you go from excited backer to troll.
    kikoodutroa8

edited December 2017
    Babuinix said:
    So anything goes when it's about Star Citizen but if it touches games you're found of it's trolling...Alrighty then. :D
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    So anything goes when it's about Star Citizen but if it touches games you're found of it's trolling...Alrighty then. :D
    Anything goes?  Where did you get that impression?

And I'm not fond of E:D any more than I'm fond of, say, Banner Saga.  Its a solid game I've delved into only lightly.  But Frontier decided to give players a released game and build from there.  It stands in Stark contrast to the way CIG I'd handling the development of this game.

Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

And I'm not fond of E:D any more than I'm fond of, say, Banner Saga.  Its a solid game I've delved into only lightly.  But Frontier decided to give players a released game and build from there.  It stands in Stark contrast to the way CIG I'd handling the development of this game.
    Yeah and thank god for that, nobody would want Star Citizen to go the ED route. The last 4 years after ED release and how the game evolved, or the lack of it are a testimony of how much gamers prefer Star Citizen, the funding show's it clearly too.

Orinori
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Yeah and thank god for that, nobody would want Star Citizen to go the ED route. The last 4 years after ED release and how the game evolved, or the lack of it are a testimony of how much gamers prefer Star Citizen, the funding show's it clearly too.

You mean release and then build upon the base game like frontier is doing? Not adding everything and the kitchen sink before release like Roberts is doing which he said he wouldn't do?
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

And to think, your previous post in the chain was a claim that I was fanboying Elite and overly critical of SC...

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    I couldn't afford to play ED. Besides I played it in the 80's anyway. 
    Babuinix
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

You mean release and then build upon the base game like frontier is doing? Not adding everything and the kitchen sink before release like Roberts is doing which he said he wouldn't do?
    You mean rush it to release to make a buck and then spend the next 4 years of development trying to clean up the mess lol?
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

You mean rush it to release to make a buck and then spend the next 4 years of development trying to clean up the mess lol?
    Obviously they should have put out a tech demo and sold .jpgs of spaceships.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Yeah maybe they should instead of releasing half asset games as "finished" and then charging more for DLC's that should be in the base game... ;)
    Babuinix said:
    Nilden said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Yeah maybe they should instead of releasing half asset games as "finished" and then charging more for DLC's that should be in the base game... ;)
    The hypocrisy is astounding.

Babuinix said:
    Nilden said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

The hypocrisy is astounding.
    Indeed, better save up 45$ so that I can land on atmospheric planets and another 45% so that I can get out of my ship! :D
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

I think in this instance I would prefer Frontiers rush to release then spend the time cleaning it up as opposed to CIG method of giving dates, missing them by huge margins, releasing buggy modules and then forgetting about them, overhyping features to sell ships that cost a hell of a lot more then 45 dollars, scrap work and start again and don't forget more hyping for cash
    edited December 2017
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

I think in this instance I would prefer Frontiers rush to release then spend the time cleaning it up as opposed to CIG method of giving dates, missing them by huge margins, releasing buggy modules and then forgetting about them, overhyping features to sell ships that cost a hell of a lot more then 45 dollars, scrap work and start again and don't forget more hyping for cash
    My 2 Star Citizen accounts cost me less than your Elite+Horizons package. I already can fly any ship I put my sight on, walk inside and around them, eva out of them, engage in fps battles, land on atmospheric planets, drive both rovers and space bikes all seamless without loading screens and with the company of my friends.

Anyway... Good luck & fun playing ED, I'm sure you find the time to do so in-between the another tedious cargo/passenger's run.
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

My 2 Star Citizen accounts cost me less than your Elite+Horizons package. I already can fly any ship I put my sight on, walk inside and around them, eva out of them, engage in fps battles, land on atmospheric planets, drive both rovers and space bikes all seamless without loading screens and with the company of my friends.

Anyway... Good luck & fun playing ED, I'm sure you find the time to do so in-between the another tedious cargo/passenger's run.
    I think this is where folks used to say "cool story bruh."

Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

I think this is where folks used to say "cool story bruh."
    I can run you through the process if you need assistance.
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Who says I own ED?
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Who says I own ED?
    No one did, he just wants to trumpet SC not a full page of posts after accusing me of talking down SC in favor of E:D, ensuring his hypocrisy level hits 11.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Orinori said:

8 DAYS TO GO! 
    We definately got something amazing, that's for sure.
    MaxBaconkikoodutroa8
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:

8 DAYS TO GO! 
    We definately got something amazing, that's for sure.
    I can feel it too! stay strong. 

7 DAYS TO GO!
    kikoodutroa8
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Rouzuki said:
    In Star Citizen you get exactly what you pay for so, it's your own dumb fault if you paid $1000 for some digital ship that the rest of us will obtain, by playing in game, with relative ease in all likelihood. 
    While you're at it, I like to get my 2nd seat back, I'm feeling lonely :(

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.