Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 1.8 -- queues to get in the game

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
I've never seen the game this crowded in the social spaces. Servers are choked with players coming in for the 1.8 content and the new global event starting now. 

Amazing. Server stability issues, lag, disconnects, all that. But really happy with this patch. I hope the servers settle down so I can get back in. 

Might have to start up Warframe in the interim. 

Anyone else come back for 1.8?

Comments

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited December 2017
    "It's an embarrassment for Tom Clancy's The Division": Queue chaos as players wait five hours just to shoot someone else.

The Division descended into chaos earlier today with reports of “dangerous” queues of up to five hours flooding social media. Players described scenes of crowd crushes with GMs having “to enforce crowd control” as people stampeded barricades in the thousands-deep queue.

One fan witnessed “fighting” as revellers grew increasingly frustrated, while another said they felt “lucky to be alive” after the crush, adding: “Organizers should be extremely concerned.”

Tom Clancy's The Division as fans face massive  queues
    d_20MrMelGibson
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    You realize there was a free to play event this last weekend right? 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:
    Yes, but I was at least able to play during the weekend. But now that the new event started, I can't get in at all. 

I did get in on the PS4, but lag made it unplayable. That's right now. Tues 13:15 GMT

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    d_20 said:
    Talonsin said:
    Yes, but I was at least able to play during the weekend. But now that the new event started, I can't get in at all. 

I did get in on the PS4, but lag made it unplayable. That's right now. Tues 13:15 GMT
    I have the PC version, just logged in without any problems? Tues 1324 gmt .. no lag or anything either ?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    "It's an embarrassment for Tom Clancy's The Division": Queue chaos as players wait five hours just to shoot someone else.

The Division descended into chaos earlier today with reports of “dangerous” queues of up to five hours flooding social media. Players described scenes of crowd crushes with GMs having “to enforce crowd control” as people stampeded barricades in the thousands-deep queue.

One fan witnessed “fighting” as revellers grew increasingly frustrated, while another said they felt “lucky to be alive” after the crush, adding: “Organizers should be extremely concerned.”

Tom Clancy's The Division as fans face massive  queues

I always love the smiling faces that accompany pictures and videos of "dangerous" situations,  someone who is "outraged" or those who utter meaningless drama queen phrases like  “I am lucky to be alive” . :) 
    Junglecharly
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    d_20 said:
    Talonsin said:

Just play something else first. It is not like you *have* to play The Division right away.
    edited December 2017
    d_20 said:
    Talonsin said:

Just play something else first. It is not like you *have* to play The Division right away.
    You don't understand. 

I HAVE to play it NOW. Must grind the event for classified sets.

/joke

Played Warframe. Had a good time. 

@Phry I wonder why that is. I was logging in from Asia, but put GMT up as a reference. I haven't had any problems in the past. This weekend and especially yesterday are the only times.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited December 2017
    I've been thinking about reinstalling lately.

The Survival mode is by far the best battle royale I've ever played. It blows games like PUBG out of the water by a mile.

For those who don't know, it's a mode where you are put into an instance with other people, with the goal of entering a radioactive zone and defeating the boss. To do that, you have to fight your way through the districts of New York crawling with NPCs. There is a real survival aspect to it. You search the environment for warm clothes, better weapons and ultimately radioactive protection. The pacing is great, forcing you to move forward or else you fall behind, while having you make sure you search the locations properly (or you don't have gear/food and die). If you are too slow, the cold and players will beat you. If you are too fast, you will likely die to the end boss through lack of gear.

It's a brilliant balance of PvE, PvP and survival. It plays amazingly, having a properly polished game engine behind it.

The game itself is great, but I'd recommend it just for the survival mode alone.
    d_20
    laxie said:
    I've been thinking about reinstalling lately.

The Survival mode is by far the best battle royale I've ever played. It blows games like PUBG out of the water by a mile.

For those who don't know, it's a mode where you are put into an instance with other people, with the goal of entering a radioactive zone and defeating the boss. To do that, you have to fight your way through the districts of New York crawling with NPCs. There is a real survival aspect to it. You search the environment for warm clothes, better weapons and ultimately radioactive protection. The pacing is great, forcing you to move forward or else you fall behind, while having you make sure you search the locations properly (or you don't have gear/food and die). If you are too slow, the cold and players will beat you. If you are too fast, you will likely die to the end boss through lack of gear.

It's a brilliant balance of PvE, PvP and survival. It plays amazingly, having a properly polished game engine behind it.

The game itself is great, but I'd recommend it just for the survival mode alone.
    I bought the season pass on sale and haven't even tried this mode yet.