Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massdrop x AKG K7XX/Minimic: Building the Ultimate Gaming Headset - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMassdrop x AKG K7XX/Minimic: Building the Ultimate Gaming Headset - MMORPG.com

In almost every case, a gaming headset is a tradeoff between the mic and sound. We decided to fix that by making our own. Today, we’re taking a close look at the Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Headphones, paired with their own Minimic and Creative’s Sound BlasterX E5 gaming amp, to build our very own “no sacrifices” gaming headset. Let’s dive in.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Another con: Massdrop. They're really bad, can often get the stuff elsewhere, cheaper, and without the 3 month wait.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    What's the price?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Wodge said:

Another con: Massdrop. They're really bad, can often get the stuff elsewhere, cheaper, and without the 3 month wait.

I dunno I've seen some pretty good deals go through on their site.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Wodge said:

I dunno I've seen some pretty good deals go through on their site.

There have been cases where you can find better deals elsewhere, but they often have a pretty good savings on a lot of their stuff. Especially the Massdrop partnered products like the AKG K7XX. This one is based on the 65th anniversary edition of the K702, which are currently EXTREMELY expensive. I like going there because the stock and the way they describe it in the listings is interesting and often pretty educational.
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited December 2017
    If headphones are wired, they should be imaged as such, always annoys me when the wire in conveniently absent from photographs.
  • end255end255 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2021
    I know it's 4 years later but if anyone is trying this, skip the Minimic (or Antlion Modmic) and go for something like https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Boom-Microphone-Playstation-Controller/dp/B08JTFQ3GW instead - you'll still get acceptable recording sound quality and you won't have the microphone constantly falling off when you knock it the wrong way