Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online - A Peek at the Shadowblade Update - Sponsored - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    So... is that woman and what's presumably a man in the picture the new shadowblade class?  Honestly I find it hard to tell if they're even the same species, let alone the same class.
  • dream402dream402 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    they add some dub areas in the cut seens but its still broken in places choppy subs here and there as well but as you go deeper in game I keep getting dc from server new class is awesome tho i dont like how its only can be the lil girl in female mode im not into playing chibi characters all that maintenance time you think they trow in some translations i still think it wasn't ready to come out yet whine it did the game has a half done feel to it
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I gave this game try when it came out, it felt like there was a delay in the skills.
  • dream402dream402 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    ya its laggy got to hit the buttons more then one time to get the skills to work its not to noticeably bad on the skills you need to repeatably hit skill
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    https://ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/class-equipment-change

What a freaking let down. Find out the 'class change' system can only be done once every 45 days, like wtf? On top of that you have to be level 59+ to get the option to do it...
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Played this game and loved the attack animations and character creator.

The character creator combined with costumes/glam out there could make your character look anywhere between cute and hot. However, the game's competitive nature is Pay To Win at its finest.

There is a very specific way to make money in the game, and it involves your guild retaining control of a map called Deathly Atoll. The top guilds get members because it allows players to farm. Eventually a few brave souls got together using simple to advanced mathematics and found out the worth of 1 hour of gameplay vs the in-game currency is equivalent to under $4 an hour in the real world.

Its far better to pay your money than to actually grind out anything.

What made players their fortune was that when servers started, the conversion from in-game currency to cash-shop currency was an amazing rate. My.Com did not like that there were bots who were exploiting the system, but all the same they hated that players were getting away with actually making the equivalent to $26.85 an hour (and not giving that to My.Com) and made it so that only players who reached a certain level could interchange cash-shop currency with in-game currency.

The game follows the general rule of the P2W PvP Genre:

"Those who begin first where the economy is the most stable and your $$$ is worth the most, can and will prosper beyond what any future player will be able to put into the game..."

I was in the top two guilds in my server, both who have players who dominate in PvP (as this game is oriented around the guild-based PvP events) who have admittedly spent Five Figures on this game. They are the ones with the highest gear scores.

As far as PvE is concerned, you have two Leveling Areas (Misty Hollow and Tower of Pain) as dailies. One dungeon to teach you a bit about instances (Darkfall), then you have Expert Mode Dungeons every Level Tier starting from 45+ every 10 Levels (Shrine, GB, MC, AoS) as the meat of the PvE game.

You are limited in the number of runs daily and weekly on the maps. Fail to appear at a daily and you fall behind easily. Don't get me started on that dice game you have to deal with twice a week either. That funland map.

I loved the game until it became so extremely pay to win.

My advice for players who want to scope this game out:

1) If you only play for PvE.... Don't spend a dime on this game. Gearing is easy and you can get through the story easilly and move on.

2) If you play for PvP.....and want to deal with all the P2W Whales in the community, Be a SpiritShaper or Occultist and spend your time healing all the whales on your side as an effort to defeat the whales on the side of the enemy...

3) If you intend to play this game for RolePlaying purposes....

This game has its costumes along with instanced player housing and enough settings to be able to have roleplaying from light to extreme. :)

Lack of Costumer Support, Denial of Service Attacks, Releasing updates out of order, and lack of translation (some areas in the original Chinese Language Text), combined with all the P2W and Chinese players telling me that it is in the heart of Chinese Culture to pay for everything or else... made me leave this game.

Localization is supposed to adapt this game to Western Audiences.
    Not bring us a game and tell us that we should start conforming to Chinese Culture or get out by some of the more elitists from the my.com forumboards.

I you love this game. Have fun! :)
    Otherwise, there are always new games coming out. Perhaps you will find your home later. ;)
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    changing class? yeah you can change class but your previous equipment will be useless some armor might still be usable depends on the class change but weapons are def a no no. and in this game gear trumps level. and also making gear is depends on material that you can only get probably based on demon points that has purchase limit/week basis. for example lvl 69 weapon need like astral feruvite that is only purchasable 1/week if I remember correctly you need like 10. and off hand also need another 10. so 20 weeks if you are rng unlucky in dungeon only for weapons. besides in darkfall server it's hard to find dungeon group now.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

DMKano said:

Warlyx said:

Change Your Class On the Fly

You’ve been asking, and My.com and Netease heard you... players can now change their class on the fly, meaning they never have to wind up a new character or start over the main quest each time they want an alt. Need a change of pace on the battlefield? Find a safe place and change your class & equipment to explore a completely different path.

what? Oo

That would be the Skyforge mechanic. The ability to level and switch classes on the same character.

Many games like Rift, Trove and others have allowed this before Skyforge.

Of all the games that do it Twin Saga does it best.