Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing right now and what do you like about it?

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
Let's all share what we are playing right now and what we like about it. Could be anything, graphics, gameplay, events, because it's  wow, playing with friends etc. Less toxicity more community! GO!
Aethaerynd_20Phaserlight

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Battlerite- In and out instant action where skill actually matters.

Paragon- Been following since alpha. Has its ups and downs but it's on the right track for now.

Fortnite- Fun every once in a while w a friend.

Injustice 2- Rarely but here and there. Fun to play as some superheroes like The Flash, Superman, Batman. Especially with TMNT coming out and The Atom.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Currently not playing anything (MMO). . but:

Going to start up SWTOR again because I have limited time and enjoy just going through the story elements of each class and seeing how different worlds play out differently story wise.  also the F2P options allows me to check it out before deciding to sub.  If I decide I can't play it enough to warrant the sub then . . 

I will go back to LOTRO. . same reason. . free to play lets me jump in and out as time permits.  I actually have a lot left to do in that game that I won't need to pay for.  I am not going to buy any more expansions though unless I can do it with points.

Very interested to hear what others say as it might encourage me to change it up. . for example I haven't been in GW2, TESO or Neverwinter in a long  time.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Currently I am playing Black Desert Online and Overwatch as time permits. BDO has some issues but some good features, Overwatch is good for a quick match from time to time. 

Recently I have found that I can enjoy almost anything as long as I control my competitive nature. Play it for a game not to be the best and don't let it frustrate me.

Want to try battlerite that sounds fun. I may give that a shot today.
    Cypt1
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
     I mostly  play Ark, I just really enjoy the building and love the way taming and breeding are handled in it. I recently rented my own server so I can play around with different mods and really enjoy all the different things you can add to it. 

When I'm looking for quick thrills I log in to Battlefront 2 or Battlefield 1, I'm an average(at best) FPS player but the gameplay and stunning graphics keep me coming back.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2. JRPG with an 'everything and the kitchen sink' approach. It also has an MMORPGish battle system and its world design is amazing.

Titan Quest. Because Ragnarok.

LOTRO. Because every now and then I am hit with the nostalgia hammer and need a good dose of the game to bring me back to reality.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Between League of Legend and Elder Scrolls Online. 

League - Because a lot of my friends play it and I enjoy how fast pace it can be. Plus if I'm short of game time I can do just one aram and log off. 

ESO  - I'm only level 5? And I got a whole new world ahead of me. :)

Been thinking about trying out BDO.
    d_20
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited December 2017
    TERA - best combat, good monetization, eye catching aesthetic, lots of cosmetics, doesn't take itself seriously.

Mobile - Summoners War -  only mobile game with any real depth outside of the mobile mobas.. and I've played many, many of the mobile games featured on this site and elsewhere.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • Borderlands 2. People are still active, the attention to detail quests and stories are awesome.
    • Street Fighter 5 because I'm a Pizza Shop/Arcade baby. It's fun to understand what's happening at the tournaments.
    • I'm waiting out for a decent MMORPG that isn't a POS or ethically bankrupt.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Heartstone- I can jump in and out in short bursts

Eve Online- Gave this game a second shot after writing it off as too difficult to learn a year ago, Having a great time exploring and actually know what im doing now. I like freedom this game offers , a true sandbox

Car Mechanic Simulator 18- Just grinding my way to lvl 30 to unlock paint shop so i can start my own resto jobs. I love muscle cars & sims so this game is a perfect match
    d_20
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO... but only because it is obviously the best mmorpg of ALL time!

EVE... because I enjoy sitting in my ship, in port, so I don't ever die.

Sz  :)
    Kyleranpsychosiz1d_20Phaserlight
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Everquest TLP Agnaar : because all modern mmo are to easy. To be honest though so is Everquest but its the best thing out for group content. 

Black Desert Online: off and on because its probably the best sandbox game out atm, the action combat is very nice, I love grindy, I just wish the pve was more of a challenge.

Elder Scrolls Online: may return for a little exploration, its the best single player mmo out atm and its a good story telling game, and you can still grind if you like.
    d_20

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Shakes and Fidget
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 450
    1.EvE - Because it keeps the pussys and special snowflakes at bay. The fear of loss brings just enough stress during a fight to really get the blood pumping with excitement.

2.Dwarf Fortress - because you can and WILL lose in the most epic way. Also Dwarfs

3.Did I mention Dwarf Fortress?

4.Dwarf Fortress
    sgel[Deleted User]MaxBacon
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Fallout 4, because the NPCs are more interactive than most players in any modern MMORPG.

;)

And sniping,  God I love sniping....boom, headshot.  

ConstantineMerusJeffSpicolicameltosisd_20[Deleted User]Agent_JosephCypt1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm playing AC Origins

Its got an awesome virtual world and a great setting. I've got a couple hundred hours into it, making my own adventures while I putt through the main story.

How I would love to see this game moddable.

Its got a lot going for it.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I am a snowflake pussy and i play Eve all the time with my micro-carrot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2017
    laserit said:
    I'm playing AC Origins

Its got an awesome virtual world and a great setting. I've got a couple hundred hours into it, making my own adventures while I putt through the main story.

How I would love to see this game moddable.

Its got a lot going for it.
    Asherons Call has a private server called Origins?  ;)

Folks need to quit trying to reuse common MMORPG acronyms,  confuses things.

laserit[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    edited December 2017
    I play a lot of games, rotating them in and out as the whim strikes. For the sake of brevity I'll just highlight a few of them here.

Champions Online ~ CoH used to be the game I played almost exclusively. Now that it is gone I play CO, but not as much. That it isn't my main game is that some issue with the graphics gives my girl headaches to the point she can't play, so much of the time I am elsewhere with her.

Secret Word Legends ~ Currently we play this one a fair bit, as we both have lifetime subscriptions to TSW that transferred over (in some form anyway.)  We play this mainly for the story, and she happens to be a horror fan as well.

Rift ~ This is our tab-targeting MMORPG of choice. I play this as I like the way character building works due to their souls system. I like to mess around with different builds and this game offers a lot of flexibility and ease in that regard.

Blade and Soul ~ We used to play Tera quite a bit, but have put that on indefinite hold due to some disrespect shown to some players in the forum by a staff member. As such, we are trying this one out for a bit due to similarities.

Kings and Heroes ~ I play this due to immersive first-person dungeon crawling. The game also has some elements of Basic D&D, due to the simplified and limited character generation. It also is a bit like Diablo, due to plentiful loot dropping and somewhat darker aesthetics, at least in the dungeons. I play this one solo, but you can party with others. It is available on Steam, and is just recently released. Fair warning though... In some dungeons, at least when I last played, some of the enemies spawned just under the floor. If you decide to give it I try, I recommend one of your three weapon loadouts include a weapon with reach, as without defeating those enemies will be time consuming, and perhaps frustrating. Also, it is near essential that one of the loudouts include a torch in the off hand, or you may find some areas in dungeons near impassably dark.  The graphics are a bit rough too, especially if you play 3rd person.
    d_20Draemos
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i have not played anything for months i am waiting for monster hunter world but it looks a bit average,can't wait for dead red redemption 2,the next from soft game and code vein, kingdom come deliverance ill try also next year.
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    For my PvP fits, I prefer the MOBA genre's. Dota 2, HotS, Paragon. Sometimes, the shooters, like Star Wars Battlefront 1&2, Fortnite, & PUBG. When it comes down to MMOs, I subbed WoW again after years, only to unsub, because it's far too grindy, though fun, it takes way too much time to feel like you get anywhere. When I want to feel like I am actually making progress at gaming, I prefer the survivals. Tops go to Conan Exiles. It's nice looking, great building system, and the thralls are wonderful. They need to add a bit more content, variation of mobs you encounter in the general environment, but all in all, it's a great game. Ark at times, 7D2D, Citadel I have high hopes for, but it's slow going. Rust is always a winner. Honestly, I'm waiting for a MOBA that incorporates survival building aspects, exceeding that of what Fortnite does, while incorporating Mortal Kombat executions. But hey, perhaps that's asking for a bit much. Id pay for it though.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Raquis said:
    i have not played anything for months i am waiting for monster hunter world but it looks a bit average,can't wait for dead red redemption 2,the next from soft game and code vein, kingdom come deliverance ill try also next year.
    You know, I kind of thought MHO looked average too at first until I found out that you can use your weapons to interact with other places and not just mobs. Like you can launch players on top of monsters and stuff with bigger ideas. If it was done before else where, I dont know but that kind of sold me on wanting the game at least to casually play it.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Lord of the rings online: because of lore, even if some solutions from developers (like unkillable group or a cave that isn't where it is supposed to be) are really bad.  The only MMO that got me involved, make me feel somethign towards characters - hate ones (Grima!), like others. The only MMO with lore and atmosphere, not "Mumba-Yumba race form JKLMN planet wielding ultra-plasma annihilator while en route to GHGHG race home planet NotPronouncable".

Master of Orion 2. My favourite Sakkras with their huge fleets of battleships/titans smashing evil Silicoids and Psylons to dust.
    Viper482Sovrath
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited December 2017
    I play and hop around the same games since years, simply because those are the best for me :wink:

So, a more "right now" approach as it was in the question:
    LotRO, because the Yule festival has just started (*), and
    STO, for grabbing the T6 ship from Q's Winter Wonderland.
    Champions Online ~ CoH used to be the game I played almost exclusively. Now that it is gone I play CO, but not as much. That it isn't my main game is that some issue with the graphics gives my girl headaches to the point she can't play, so much of the time I am elsewhere with her.
    CO has the winter festival month as well, you can grab a few fun items before the headaches start to kick in :wink:  I don't play it atm (I did it last year and no new mechanics this time), but when Clarence will show up for the final week I might check in, it was a fun fight. (after Cryptic solved the issue with the trolling Onslaught players...)

(*) edit: lol, +Cord fooled me with the patch notes... Yule will start two days from now, but there was an update yesterday, and in the notes (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?660383-Update-21-3-Release-Notes&p=7796560#post7796560 ) there was a section about the festival. I thought they will start earlier, but the client patching just finished so I could log in - no festival yet. Nevertheless, I still play LotRO atm :smiley:
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Raquis said:
    i have not played anything for months i am waiting for monster hunter world but it looks a bit average
    I thought it looked boring to be honest. Dauntless looks way better than Monster hunter world in my opinion.
    Draemos
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Not really playing any games right now.   I spend time working out and with my kids.  Life is greater than any game.    Once Ashes and Classic WOW come out I will play those games.  There is not a single MMORPG on the market today or even game for that matter that is worth my time.
    PhaserlightX-MarK