Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - We Talk Daybreak with Andrew Gray & Mike Zadorojny - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

Guild Wars 2 - We Talk Daybreak with Andrew Gray & Mike Zadorojny - MMORPG.com

This week, MMORPG.com was lucky enough to chat to Living World Season 4's developer Andrew Gray, Game Designer Jason Reynolds and new game director Mike Zadorojny, about what it takes to get an episode off the ground in light of a brand new expansion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    I hope noone dares to make a GW2 clone like they did with WoW. When u think about how much backward they went with GW2 compared to GW1. Sad times.
    AeanderHuntrezzsumdumguy1psychosiz1TanlielTekaelonNephethViper482JeffSpicoliTheScavenger
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2017
    Argh, such a bad title and introduction to an article.

I literally thought I was going to read an article about a game from Daybreak "Studios."

Could not make sense about "Path of Fire" or Living World's either. (Mind was stuck on the Daybreak thing)

I don't follow GW2 so I skimmed to the bottom wondering if there was a game actually being developed by "Daybreak Studios" called Path of Fire., perhaps even a new expansion to GW1.

I'll give this story the coveted "Worst article of 2017" award
    azurreispeedylegs8psychosiz1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    edited December 2017
    Under Colin, the game gained a negative reputation for overhyping and under-delivering that it is still reeling from.

Under Mike O'Brien, the game truly turned around, underhyping content that was far beyond expectation. Guild Wars 2 experienced some of its very best content under him.

Mike Zadorojny did a phenemonal job on Path of Fire and the Daybreak update. He has already inspired confidence, and I think that the franchise's brightest years could be ahead of us. I sincerely hope that we get to see Cantha under his direction, as he has thus far proven to be potentially the greatest game director in franchise history.
    RadooThupliTanlielNephethpsychosiz1
  • AurorikinAurorikin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    MMORPG really needs to start putting the name of the game being discussed in the headline
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Aeander said:

Under Colin, the game gained a negative reputation for overhyping and under-delivering that it is still reeling from.

Under Mike O'Brien, the game truly turned around, underhyping content that was far beyond expectation. Guild Wars 2 experienced some of its very best content under him.

Mike Zadorojny did a phenemonal job on Path of Fire and the Daybreak update. He has already inspired confidence, and I think that the franchise's brightest years could be ahead of us. I sincerely hope that we get to see Cantha under his direction, as he has thus far proven to be potentially the greatest game director in franchise history.

Colin did a great job on HoT, just needed to tune it better from the start. It is one of the most unique expansions ever made!
    psychosiz1
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Daybreak?  :| The last time I heard that name 3 mmos shut down...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Tough crowd :smile:
    JeffSpicoli

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited December 2017
    Thupli said:

Aeander said:

Colin did a great job on HoT, just needed to tune it better from the start. It is one of the most unique expansions ever made!
    Heart of Thorns had potential, but ultimately under-delivered in regards to content (unless you factor in Season 3). 4 new maps, one of which is essentially a single 3 lane meta event, barely warrants the expansion label. 

It still gets a thumbs up from me because of elite specs, raiding, masteries, and precursor crafting, but it is nowhere near the quality or scope of Path of Fire or any of the Guild Wars 1 campaigns.
    psychosiz1
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Aeander said:

Thupli said:

Aeander said:

Heart of Thorns had potential, but ultimately under-delivered in regards to content (unless you factor in Season 3). 4 new maps, one of which is essentially a single 3 lane meta event, barely warrants the expansion label. 

It still gets a thumbs up from me because of elite specs, raiding, masteries, and precursor crafting, but it is nowhere near the quality or scope of Path of Fire or any of the Guild Wars 1 campaigns.

yeah but LS3 added tons of new zones
    Warlyx said:

Aeander said:

Thupli said:

Aeander said:

yeah but LS3 added tons of new zones
    Which is why I said "unless you count season 3." That's a strange case and I could easily see either side as valid. On one hand, Season 3 is locked behind Heart of Thorns. On the other hand, Season 3 represents roughly 2 years of content. That 9 month content draught between Heart of Thorns and Season 3 is particularly significant, and probably accounts for a majority of negative sentiment regarding the expansion. 
    bcbully said:
    Daybreak?  :| The last time I heard that name 3 mmos shut down...
    Daybreak is notably the exact opposite of Nightfall - the Guild Wars 1 expansion that introduced Elona.

It's an interesting contrast. Nightfall saw the return of Abaddon and Palawa Joko, spelling doom for Elona and the Sunspears. Daybreak sees the Sunspears take their first big step towards revolution.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    GW2 is a good MMO but too mush grinding for me it was fun when the game originally released.
    saurus123