Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with young kids handheld gaming device for Christmas?

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
edited December 2017 in Console Gaming
Hey everybody, my daughter is 3.5 and she just started like playing extremely simple games on my phone.  i was wondering if anybody knows of a handheld gaming device that would be great for this age?  maybe like 3.5-5 so it will atleast last that long.   Something she can play while riding in the car and stuff like that.  If there is anything that does that plus plays movies that would be cool too but mainly just looking for something with games on it.  Thanks

Comments

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    an i-pad =)
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    iPad is probably the best answer. Or Kindle Fire if you want to go cheaper. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Nintendo Switch?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    iPod Touch... same form factor as your iPhone which she's already used to.
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    frostymug said:
    Thanks, i just looked at the Amazon Fire kids edition :https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J94SBEY/ref=fs_ods_tab_dket  .   This is probably what i am looking for. 
    [Deleted User]
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Nintendo Switch?
    Actually thought about that.  If she was 5 i would probably go with that.  But dont think she is ready for those times of games.  Needs to be more simple for the next year or 2 i think.   Thanks
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    flguy147 said:
    frostymug said:
    Thanks, i just looked at the Amazon Fire kids edition :https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J94SBEY/ref=fs_ods_tab_dket  .   This is probably what i am looking for. 
    Yes.  And I think the Kids edition lets you send them in if the kid breaks them and get another one back.   Work your way up to the iPad

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by Nebless on

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ThevigilanteThevigilante Member CommonPosts: 6
    Lmao @ old school Gameboy. If he was going to go vintage handheld, then I would of recommended the Sega game gear. That had a color screen, and the device was much wider making it easier to hold. 
  • Luetta13thLuetta13th Member CommonPosts: 7
    An iPad probably is the best bet for a child of that age, as something like the Nintendo switch will be better for her when she reaches about 5 or 6. My niece would always play on my sisters iPad, and she loved it because it's hands on. Alot of drawing and stuff, especially with the screen being right there in their face, it's almost like a live coloring book.
  • Ps4proboyPs4proboy Member CommonPosts: 6
    The iPad isn't a bad choice, or any type of tablet really as there all type of kids games available for them. But you might want to look into getting a Nintendo switch, as a majority of the games are centered around stuff for kids and it can be used as a handheld and a console.
  • PlayKing1920PlayKing1920 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Any console by Nintendo will suffice for a child. All they're consoles and games revolve around children's games, so I think that would be your best bet.