Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition rapidly growing for EA to lose Star Wars license passes 110k signers.

124»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    with only 200k goal it wont do jack****, but i still signed it. I can't wait for the day the star wars license gets to the hands of a better company.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    If I'm the queen of England and a petition got signed that 99% of England wasn't happy with how I was doing things the petition wouldn't make a difference.
    [Deleted User]

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    with only 200k goal it wont do jack****, but i still signed it. I can't wait for the day the star wars license gets to the hands of a better company.

Better company .. worse company .. why does it matter if the game is fun? If the game is not fun, what company makes it .. is irrelevant.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I fear that the only number Disney care about is on their royalty checks. Besides if EA lost it Activision would get it and it is about as bad.

What people should petition about is to stop the license from being exclusive instead.
    cameltosis
    Loke666 said:
    I fear that the only number Disney care about is on their royalty checks.

Why? It is already like that. Greed works. Now the world is full of good fun entertainment (to me at least). Games, netflix originals, novels .....

If Disney wants to be successful, it better find ways to entertain. In fact, with all the f2p stuff, it is harder and harder to get my gaming $$$. Voting with wallets is a beautiful thing, you know. 
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    edited December 2017
    Loke666 said:
    What people should petition about is to stop the license from being exclusive instead.
    Again, this just come's down to people who don't know anything trying to dictate what Disney does with their own IP. You have no chance of that happening. Disney, like the NFL, has already worked out that it is more beneficial to them to work out an exclusive license. If it's better for the NFL, where there would be multiple companies like 2k EA and maybe others willing to make a yearly publish and pay for it, for a franchise like Star Wars Disney is for sure going to make the decision that this is the way to go because they would have more intermittent requests to make games using their IP, meaning this deal gives them one set amount they can count on no matter what and they're pretty confident they could not get more than that amount in the long term going another direction.

A petition trying to convince a company to make less money is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

And the hilarity of this others have noted on this thread by the comparison of appealing to Blizzard to do something different with their IP. Just because Disney payed for ownership of the IP rather than it being their own creation doesn't make that reasoning apply any more soundly. This whole thing is a fantasy that gamers are extremely naive and silly for entertaining in the slightest.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Loke666 said:
    I fear that the only number Disney care about is on their royalty checks. Besides if EA lost it Activision would get it and it is about as bad.

I'm leaning with some of the others, asking a company to do something different to what essentially comes down to "their property" isn't going to work.
    They bought it, they own it, it's theirs.

They can do ANYTHING they want to it.

Anyyyyything they want ...

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

A petition trying to convince a company to make less money is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

lol .. it is right up there to think that just because you can post on the internet, people will actually listen and change their minds. 

lol .. it is right up there to think that just because you can post on the internet, people will actually listen and change their minds. 
    It's right up there to say that discussion is pointless whilst posting on a discussion forum..
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    How about just stop giving them money?

It's right up there to say that discussion is pointless whilst posting on a discussion forum..

Who says discussions are pointless? You just did not get the point. Hint: not about convincing people .. more about having fun in forum pvp. 
    edited December 2017

Who says discussions are pointless? You just did not get the point. Hint: not about convincing people .. more about having fun in forum pvp. 
    Are you sure it's not about whales? Because I'm pretty sure you spend the majority of your time on here trying to convince everyone that you never pay for any games. I think I got the point just fine chief. You're not anymore effective in PVP here than you are on your freebie tightass account. GG