Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - The Big Reasons to Be Excited About Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth - MMORPG.

2»

Comments

• HassanPLHassanPL Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited November 2017
    I dont want some voidborne [mod edit], i want high elfes! Not freaking magic sucking abomination traitors but true high elfes!
    Post edited by Vaross on
    BruceYee
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    yawn the only thing that comes from this "races" is a hint of how lazy wow devs are nowaday.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Allied Races will begin at level 20 so ne'er-do-wells don't get to try them out for free from 1 to 20. So be prepared to pay.

even at lvl 1... as we have to do quests to unlock them in the first place? Don't know if I would play any of them, but as they are included in the xpax, I might aswell give it a try.
  • SlorgSlorg Member UncommonPosts: 37
    These arent new races, except for Nightborne. All other's should just be integrated into the base design of the character creation.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    Slorg said:
    These arent new races, except for Nightborne. All other's should just be integrated into the base design of the character creation.
    Dark Iron Dwarves already are.

But, the new Allied Races system gives them new voice lines, new animations and new racial abilities.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500

Forgrimm said:

Viper482 said:

Honestly just looks like another reputation grind to me. Any time I see the word "unlock" along with WoW these days I cringe.

From what they've said, there will be a quest chain to unlock the new races.

Btw wasn't it mentioned that the quest chain will be available during League, meaning once BfA launches most people should have them unlocked anyway.

Personally years ago I couldn't care less what race I was. I cared more about their racials, but in recent years things like races started to get my attention. I think that it's a nice thing to add to the game, but I hope that Blizzard won't allow character boosts for the new races, at least now in the first 2-3 months otherwise the "rarity" you want to experience by playing one of those at the beginning of the expansion will be lost and they will just feel like any other race when everyone around you is with those races :P

Unfortunately they have already said they will be boostable from the get go. The down side to boosting them is losing the chance to get the armor transmog that comes with each faction. If you do not level normally then you lose out on that. So it is kind of an incentive to level normally. Most of the people that would be willing to roll another alt most likely focus on transmogs ect... so they might just choose to level them normally just because of that. I foresee people complaining though and them eventually removing the questing required for the transmog armor in the future.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    Activision-Blizzard should be Carbrine Studios and bring in the races from Wildstar into WoW.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    To me this is better then new races since we are basically getting the same things that new races normally have, but way more because they can re-use some assets. We get the new racials, new content at end game to do to unlock the races, new customization options, new emotes, new animations,ect.
    [Deleted User]
  • Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    New Soulless things to grind in the Up coming EXpac, wow a must buy , ooo m g .. I cannot wait , So new and exiting , All those $$ truly goes to quality and innovation , The Best gaming company on earth .... Uhhh Mediocre Entertainment is Truly .........Mediocre -_- Well here is to waiting for at least 10-15 more Years until someone does a Decent MMO / game !
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Yeah...monks. Sorta forgot about those brew-guzzling fuzzballs....though I do have a Draenei tank, but she's a second stringer to my Belf DK and Nelf Druid. :D
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    TheAmir said:
    There is literally nothing about this expac that has me even a little interested :/ including the lame "new" races. Meh :/ it's a pass here.
    yep.  the entire xpac is underwhelming lore wise.  I think it will not fare too well.
    [Deleted User]Soki123
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Race Change service is the only reason behind this feature. More easy money.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Looking forward to Nightborne. Horde needs another race that doesn't look like it suffers from a terrible case of tech neck.

My guess on the next Allied Race is Vulpera. They look like they use the same rigging as Goblins. Would make it easier to transfer all the gear appearances over to them.
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Every time I try to start from scratch and play this game the second I join a dungeon and watch how they rush through it or yell at you for being slow...... my fault for trying a tank.... I just stop playing and I leave with a bitter tang in my mouth from how I had once enjoyed this game.

I wish the game would pair people with similar gear together so that I can actually go through the dungeons like how it is meant to be played and not with some super twinked assholes who treat you like shit.
    [Deleted User]kjohio
    Chamber of Chains
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    The classic server cannot come soon enough.
    [Deleted User]
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

cheyane said:

Every time I try to start from scratch and play this game the second I join a dungeon and watch how they rush through it or yell at you for being slow...... my fault for trying a tank.... I just stop playing and I leave with a bitter tang in my mouth from how I had once enjoyed this game.

I wish the game would pair people with similar gear together so that I can actually go through the dungeons like how it is meant to be played and not with some super twinked assholes who treat you like shit.

Look into how they're implementing the new level scaling in 7.3.5. Things won't be so faceroll and heirlooms will actually make you statistically inferior to blues of the same level (you wear them for convenience of not replacing and exp boost). Dungeons will, as a result, take longer and once again be enjoyable instead of a rushed chore.