Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Set Sail on March 20th - Sea of Thieves - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageReady to Set Sail on March 20th - Sea of Thieves - MMORPG.com

Sea of Thieves News - Rare took a bit of time out of last night's Game Awards to announce that its pirate-themed multiplayer game, Sea of Thieves, will be setting sail on March 20, 2018. The announcement came along with a new trailer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Wow, 60$ for this. When it was first announced I had a great deal of interest but having been in the testing since early on I am amazed at the lack of progress, and now they want to launch it with a 60$ price tag. There is almost zero content, all you do is grab a treasure map, find the treasure and bring it back to port. You can get into PVP fights if someone finds you but thats it, theres nothing else to the game. Well you can have a beer with your crew once your back on shore but c'mon ...

The potential this game had when announced was massive but they have narrowed the gameplay down to basically 1 activity. It's a real shame.

Blackwake has better graphics and art style, better gameplay and customization and is 1/3 the price ...http://store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/
    RaquisMikeha

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    As it’s a pvp game I have a bad feeling ganking won’t take long to ruin the good community they have now. Good luck though and hope it works out well for you
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    60 euro is too much. I have to buy it to all my friends but since i have no friends, i need to buy drinks to some people then pretend i care about them. After successfully done that i must buy them and their loved ones gifts for Christmas and then i need to buy this game to all of them. That amounts to like 1000 euro approximately. Are you freaking serious with this crap?
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    The price in EU (Finland) is €69.99
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

60 euro is too much. I have to buy it to all my friends but since i have no friends, i need to buy drinks to some people then pretend i care about them. After successfully done that i must buy them and their loved ones gifts for Christmas and then i need to buy this game to all of them. That amounts to like 1000 euro approximately. Are you freaking serious with this crap?

I'll take just a copy of the game and I'll be your friend. :P
    Junglecharly
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I haven't played but I have the impression that there is only a skeleton of a game right now. How many times it would be fun to find a chest and return it to the port. I havent even be able to undersrand what's the motivation behind that activity, what the crew gains.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Looking at this game there is a certain Wildstar DejaVu feeling, i don't think its going to end well. :/
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110

Blackwake has better graphics and art style,

no it doesnt

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I see a couple of things. 

First, the initial $60 price point is going to be a barrier to entry for a lot of people.  Tons of people I know are interested in playing this game at $40, but not at $60.  In a game built around multiplayer, you sure as shit don't want to have a price barrier.

Second, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the kind of game you dabble in for fun.  You play for a the first month, then go play the latest releases you've been waiting for, then come back a month later.  It just doesn't look like it has the holding power to keep people playing for months on end like, for instance, Overwatch.

This creates a backfiring catch-22 situation.  A lot of people, like myself, are going to wait for that price to drop.  I don't ever pay more than $40 for games with rare, RARE exceptions and this company hasn't earned enough trust with me yet to be the exception.  But!  By the time we've waited for the price to drop, the community will have become bored with it and players will drop off making the multiplayer aspect a little less enticing.

The moral of the story is:  The price of this game is too damn high.

They should be smart and do what Blizzard did with Overwatch.  Add in a multiplayer friendly price point like $39 with the full base game, then have a $59 version with some one-time-purchase additional cool stuff in it.