Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wonder why there was no announcement for the new expansion?

Anyone know why this site didn't announce the new Ravenloft expansion for DDO that went live on 12/6 (yesterday)?  It seems pretty well received, no major hiccups I've heard of.  I've enjoyed it so far without getting into much since I'm trying to get through this life quickly and don't want to get stuck in the new content and sentient weapon stuff yet.  

Comments

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Sentient weapon stuff?

Well I might need to play that a bit again soon. >_>
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    I just checked 5 MMO/Gaming sites,  none of them reported on it.

My guess is Turbine didn't send out any sort of press release.
    Po_gg

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    It's on their page, just maybe forgot to drop it into their PR address list :wink:
    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-37-release-notes
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:
    I just checked 5 MMO/Gaming sites,  none of them reported on it.

My guess is Turbine didn't send out any sort of press release.
    Yep - this is correct.

Is that normal?  DDO may not be some high falutin' Blizzard game but it is one of the bigger named MMOs still running, and hands-down leads the genre in character development options by  a very large margin.  Did SSG send a release about LotRO expansion to you guys?

This is kind of humorous because a running joke on the DDO forums is how WotC often ignores DDO news but report on everything else very thoroughly (such as Neverwinter Nights MMO and even Beamdog semi-upgrades).  Now it seems DDO is ignoring DDO news if they are the ones supposed to send this info out and didn't.

Unless - they planned on ensuring all issues where ironed out before reporting and having people come back and immediately leave due to issues when they could avoid it by waiting a couple days or so before sending out press releases? 
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    That's why we have a news tip box. Even before Turbine broke off to be Standing Stone, devs quit sending PR about LOTRO and DDO. On a busy day, we miss things. We always appreciate tips [email protected] and this would've been a great one. 

I'll get to it today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    There's a news address? And here I keep spamming your own address with the news ideas Suzie :wink:
    Limnic said:
    Sentient weapon stuff?

Well I might need to play that a bit again soon. >_>
    As I understood it is their Legendary Item mechanic from LotRO, with a unique and fun twist:
    The Sentient Weapon can make comments to the player as the weapon is held and used. There is a Gameplay tab option to turn off voice, text, or both.

Imagine the Sword of Ogre Decapitation annoys you while you fight orcs: "What's wrong with your eyes, these are orcs, gimme some ogre necks buddy..."
    :sunglasses: