Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsday Heist Coming Next Week in the Game's 12th Major Update - Grand Theft Auto Online - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageDoomsday Heist Coming Next Week in the Game's 12th Major Update - Grand Theft Auto Online - MMORPG.com

Grand Theft Auto Online News - On December 12th, GTA Online players will have another huge update to explore when Doomsday Heist goes live. An unlikely alliance works together to try to save San Andreas from being wiped off the map. "As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to untangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2017
    Game has come a long way. I first played it when it first launched. Those were cutting edge graphics back then.
    GTA 1 game engine getting a 3D makeover - Techie News
    Dburna86

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    LOL @Octagon7711 - GTA Online really has turned into the MMO (not MMORPG, mind you) that I wish more MMORPG fans played. It's surprisingly deep and fun.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711Dburna86

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

LOL @Octagon7711 - GTA Online really has turned into the MMO (not MMORPG, mind you) that I wish more MMORPG fans played. It's surprisingly deep and fun.

Hey is this the same game as GTA5? Last time I played Multiplayer in GTA 5 I was getting instantly killed by Modders using hacks.
    laxieDburna86
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Renoaku said:

Hey is this the same game as GTA5? Last time I played Multiplayer in GTA 5 I was getting instantly killed by Modders using hacks.

It is. And it's better these days.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    its funny to me seeing people on this site who killed me for calling games like GTA Online or Destiny MMO now come around and say "MMO this" or "MMO that" when talking about these games. Not saying anything but its funny.
    Dburna86
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I love GTA Online. The lobby system kills it a little for me.

You can get brilliant lobbies, where people either do their thing or clash around objectives as intended. In many cases though, you get either hackers or people who kill you repeatedly only to try piss you off.

I had good fun playing in private lobbies with friends. But the new content requires a public lobby. Presumably to make it more risk-reward. But to me it just ends up being a lobby lottery.
    Octagon7711Grend
  • GrendGrend Member UncommonPosts: 63

laxie said:

I love GTA Online. The lobby system kills it a little for me.

You can get brilliant lobbies, where people either do their thing or clash around objectives as intended. In many cases though, you get either hackers or people who kill you repeatedly only to try piss you off.

I had good fun playing in private lobbies with friends. But the new content requires a public lobby. Presumably to make it more risk-reward. But to me it just ends up being a lobby lottery.

This is my problem too. I love GTA Online but getting randomly paired up with hackers and team killers every time has gotten ridiculous.
    Dburna86