Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Monthly Development Reports

Comments

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Erillion said:
    you also forget a ton of s are not upgrading graphic cards like we used ot cause a majority of games can be played with them for entertanment and only more rich whaley types and such can and will be able to play this at levels its meant to ....everyone else will get a degraded experience and if erillion you want proof id be happy to have my gt620 nvidia try ths game and stream it

it will look like crap if i can even play it
    Ahhh .. traditions ... whenever Chris Roberts launched a new game, i needed a new computer to play it. This wont be any different ;-)

Computer technology progresses - something that once was almost unachievable becomes the norm.

Once the game has launched, feel free to stream it @chronoss2015

Have fun

PS:
    AMD cards are usually better for Star Citizen than most older NVIDIA Geforce cards ... only the newer GeForce have comparable Floating Point Double Precision performance.

lol thats your argument just cause >? I've sat an observed you without commenting for a long long time....

and dare i say it about your gf card knolwedge:

"

The term double precision is something of a misnomer because the precision is not really double.
    The word double derives from the fact that a double-precision number uses twice as many bits as a regular floating-point number.
    For example, if a single-precision number requires 32 bits, its double-precision counterpart will be 64 bits long.

The extra bits increase not only the precision but also the range of magnitudes that can be represented.
    The exact amount by which the precision and range of magnitudes are increased depends on what format the program is using to represent floating-point values.
    Most computers use a standard format known as the IEEE floating-point format.

"

has zero to do with the gf card an a lot to do with the amount a bits that can get handled by both an operating system , its CPU and perhaps the GPU when said is required so mmmkinda but not really your wrong.

now AMD vs INTEL you do have some issues with intel and floating point stuff as i recall....can't rememer if its newer chipsets have fixed that...

and if your talking about strait on floating point abilities however YOU ARE DEAD wrong

heres lil link http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-16.html

oh and here's a nice post that not only explains what your saying BUT SHOWS the comparison and while you might get a tiny boost from a  amd card the gigaflops data flow is and can be double on both the nvdiia cards compared to the amd card , that means what?  A BETTER USER EXPERIENCE now look at the fact the more expensive titan is 300 bucks more and yet nearly incidental to its cheaper counter part and you get a hint why you need ot know this stuff...

with amds main guy having left i highly doubt its a good investment into amd land ever....

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    p.s. remember those commodore vic 20's and why they were so cool , poking and peeking into memory at bits of data ?

it was an 8 bit system for that 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 ( add all up to 255 and a 0 = 256 memory address places ) a 16 bit system just doesn't double it

it doubles the bits 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2056 4192 etc till you get 15 sets of numbers with 0 being a bit as well

and while in all tests ve seen do show that the best amd chips are a tiny bit better at there floating point math they can only handle half the gigaflops of data...while doing so...

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited December 2017

I would gladly look at your data, but your link gives the following error message:

"Oh oh, something's wrong

Not Found - Error 404

It looks like something is broken"

Have fun

PS:

>>>p.s. remember those commodore vic 20's and why they were so cool , poking and peeking into memory at bits of data ? >>>

Yes, I had one. And a C64. And an Amiga. Still have the Amiga. 

Had fun programming in 6502 Assembler.

My all time favorite assembler command: ROL (Rotate Left)

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:

I would gladly look at your data, but your link gives the following error message:

"Oh oh, something's wrong

Not Found - Error 404

It looks like something is broken"

Have fun

PS:

>>>p.s. remember those commodore vic 20's and why they were so cool , poking and peeking into memory at bits of data ? >>>

Yes, I had one. And a C64. And an Amiga. Still have the Amiga. 

Had fun programming in 6502 Assembler.

My all time favorite assembler command: ROL (Rotate Left)

Delete the oh at the end of the html

bwwianakiev
    Kefo said:

Delete the oh at the end of the html

Thank you.

I read the article and this GeForce card was always worse than the Radeon cards AND the articles' author had this to say about its FP64 usefulness:

"We're not sure what to think about GM107's increasingly hobbled FP64 capabilities. You can either say double-precision performance is really bad, or the single-precision numbers are really good. Regardless, at the end of the day, artificial limitations meant to prevent cheap desktop cards from being viable workstation parts are no less irritating."

How this is supposed to prove that i am "DEAD wronghere" will get interesting. @chronoss2015 care to explain how this article shall explain why my opinion that AMD cards are usually better for Star Citizen than most older NVIDIA Geforce cards is "DEAD wronghere" ? Especially given the above direct quote from the article.

Have fun
  • penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited December 2017
    Erillion said:
    Are people still falling for this?  Before you doubt me, please please please check my record.  I simply state things I see.  No bias.  I love games.  Most.  (Don't have enough time to play many, but I like following them.)  But, this...
    I can personally state that "I know a guy."  I'm sure many on this website do, as it seems to be a well researched and connected site.  The entire thing is a sham.  It's offering the sun and going to give a candle.  Not only that, but the lead developers have a track record of nothing but shadiness; real shadiness, not pseudo: (was going to list them, like hookers, but I just can't.  It's all there for anyone that cares to listen to people who, in the past, have worked with them.)  
    I cannot believe that the intelligent people of this site still are falling for this.  I can't.  The people on this site know argument: ethos, pathos, logos, rhetoric, fallacies, etc.  Yet...
    Sorry for the rant, but it's just hard to understand.

You "know a guy".

and

You say that the lead developers "have a track record of nothing but shadiness" - but won't list them (just hinting at hookers etc.)

and

You say that we should "listen to people" ... but you won't mention the names of these people.

Okaaayyyy ....

*** smiles and sloooowly backs away ***

Have fun

I know what it sounds like, and I wish it didn't.  But, if in two years they deliver that candle (if anything at all), and tax records are found to be awry, will you at least say, "Oh crap, that crazy street-corner man was right!"?
    And for the record, if they do produce a game, any game that is remotely what they promise, I'll gladly come on this forum and praise your wisdom and foresight one time a week - and not as a crazy street-corner profit. ;)

I know what it sounds like, and I wish it didn't.  But, if in two years they deliver that candle (if anything at all), and tax records are found to be awry, will you at least say, "Oh crap, that crazy street-corner man was right!"?
    And for the record, if they do produce a game, any game that is remotely what they promise, I'll gladly come on this forum and praise your wisdom and foresight one time a week - and not as a crazy street-corner profit. ;)

You DO know that people already play this game, do you not ? It is not complete yet, but discussing "if they produce a game" when all one needs is to log in (if you do it during Free Fly Weekends, it is even free!), is crazy.

Have fun
    Erillion said:

You DO know that people already play this game, do you not ? It is not complete yet, but discussing "if they produce a game" when all one needs is to log in (if you do it during Free Fly Weekends, it is even free!), is crazy.

Have fun

I know they have produced something that people have attempted to play.  I know that they do not have an actual game yet, despite having more funding than 99% of the games out there.  I know almost every video is a very well staged video of gameplay - not just any ol' person playing.  And I know what they promised.
    I will repeat what I said in a different post - remember Landmark?  Remember all those cool things.  Remember how it all just kind of crumbled because the developers realized they actually needed like a million more hours of programming time to create content?  Remember how they tried really really hard to get other people to do it for them?
    This simply seems no different to me.  I hope I'm wrong.

Octagon7711KefoWalkinGlenn
    >>> I know almost every video is a very well staged video of gameplay  >>>

Oh come ON ... have you never heard of YouTube ?

There are thousands of Star Citizen fanmade videos on YouTube. NOT from CIG.

No, not "almost every video" is "very well staged". There are a lot of videos there that show the actual gameplay, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Have fun
    MaxBacon
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    ETA for 3.0  I'm thinking Feb.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    ETA for 3.0  I'm thinking Feb.
    More like the end of this Year
    Erillion said:
    >>> I know almost every video is a very well staged video of gameplay  >>>

Oh come ON ... have you never heard of YouTube ?

There are thousands of Star Citizen fanmade videos on YouTube. NOT from CIG.

No, not "almost every video" is "very well staged". There are a lot of videos there that show the actual gameplay, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Have fun

You are correct.  Jumped to page 5 on vid search and found some.  Thank you.  Hopefully, I (and my friend) are just ignorant.  Although, I fail to see how he could be.  But fingers crossed.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    xNIAx1 said:
    Star Citizen = Fraud
    Care to elaborate ?

Must be the most unsuccessful fraud ever .... 5 studios, a few hundred employees, years of work and wages paid ....

Must be an elaborate scam then ... they develop a game to be able to NOT develop a game and run away with all (most ?, some ?, a tiny bit of ?) the money.

Have fun
    Where is all that money coming from? How much of that money is going to actual DEVELOPMENT and not the laundry list of things you mention. "Work'' is also a misnomer. They made themselves more work than they have actually completed.

As for your rhetorical question it goes hand in hand with mine. I would almost guarantee 35-40% of the money has gone to Roberts and his cronies some of it might possibly be construed as 'business expenses' but he is living like a rock star while the game falters.

But as I have said a hundred times now we really dont know any of the financials just napkin math and what people havce made up to back whatever side of the story they are trying to tell. Until they have an INDEPENDENT audit (and no the Guiness Book of World Records doesnt count) we really dont have a clue.
    Babuinix
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    rodarin said:
    But as I have said a hundred times now we really dont know any of the financials just napkin math and what people havce made up to back whatever side of the story they are trying to tell. Until they have an INDEPENDENT audit (and no the Guiness Book of World Records doesnt count) we really dont have a clue.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm subconciously a Star Citizen hater because I'm an accountant and it's utterly ridiculous how open to potential fraud this whole thing is.  A huge chunk of the accounting profession exists specifically so that people can't hide behind closed doors when they have other people giving them money to do things, and Star Citizen (and any other large crowd funded project) pretty much gets away with avoiding that completely free until the law someday moves its really slow butt to do something about it.  Of course, like how most accounting laws came into existence (and possibly the entire auditing side of accounting itself), it'll probably take a big disaster to trigger something into action.  Hey, depending on how things go in the future, maybe Star Citizen will be that trigger.
    BabuinixMaxBaconScotchUpPhoebes
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Tiamat64 said:
    rodarin said:
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm subconciously a Star Citizen hater because I'm an accountant and it's utterly ridiculous how open to potential fraud this whole thing is.  A huge chunk of the accounting profession exists specifically so that people can't hide behind closed doors when they have other people giving them money to do things, and Star Citizen (and any other large crowd funded project) pretty much gets away with avoiding that completely free until the law someday moves its really slow butt to do something about it.  Of course, like how most accounting laws came into existence (and possibly the entire auditing side of accounting itself), it'll probably take a big disaster to trigger something into action.  Hey, depending on how things go in the future, maybe Star Citizen will be that trigger.
    well we saw a lot of pretty egregious misappropriation of funds before they smartened up, I am sure theyre still doing it but at least now theyre not bragging about it. Like 10 or was it 15K espresso machines (that people said was OK and showed how deluded they were right then and there) to the 20K mural or the 10-15K doors, the cars they all lease, houses and top retail space they were leasing/buying, there are more I am sure those are just the ones I remember.

They were wasting that type of money before they had anything remotely stable let alone playable and they had a fraction of the money they (allegedly) have now. So we can all imagine how much worse it is, theyre just better at keeping it under wraps now.
    Phoebes
    Yeap dev's should absolutely work on water and salt crackers alone lol
    How dare's Evil Roberts to provide it's workers with awesome studios...

Shame really....
    Erillion
    Babuinix said:

Shame really....

That's not what he's saying, and I believe you know that.  
    Babuinix said:

Shame really....

The usual nonsensical gibberish as always.
    2018.  Is there a release date?  9 years in "development."  6 years of crowdfunding.  5 years of hard coding, creating, etc.

No?  That's what I thought.

Wait, wasn't it promised to be released in 2016... but there was a glitch.  Wasn't it promised to be released in 2017... but there was a problem.

Seriously, if even the backers and supporters don't see a problem with the way these people are handling everyone else's money, then all I can say is c'est la vie.  
    ScotchUpKefoBabuinix
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Babuinix said:
    The usual nonsensical gibberish as always.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:

Shame really....

..Cake..

Monthly studio report December 2017

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16363-Monthly-Studio-Report-December-2017

I find the information on the ongoing work on the Eclipse and Vanduul Blade interesting.

Have fun 
    Babuinix
    edited March 2018

Monthly Studio Report: March 2018

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16492-Monthly-Studio-Report-March-2018

Service Beacons are a fine thing:

Have fun
    Babuinix
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Hmm, I wonder once hacking is fully fleshed out and implemented. If I will be able to hack the com arrays in such a way to make every ones beacons read the wrong coordinates when being answered. If so, the of havoc I will cause, mawhahahahahah.