Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 decisions decisions decisions

KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
2017 I spent $10 on Marvel Heroes, $ I never get to use in the cash shop through the summer. I got this 50% discount promo and it felt like the game needed it badly to survive, sadly that wasn't enough =). The rest I've just been playing games that cost me nothing as a filler until I wait for the next X game I can see myself playing for long term and supporting it with my wallet.

2017 I've been playing WOW 3v3 arena, Marvel Heroes Online, Path of Exile, Overwatch, Destiny 2 and MU Legend.

All of these games cost me $0.00 except spending $10 this summer on Marvel Heroes thanks to a 50% discount coupon and the game felt it needed it badly but that didn't stop it from its demise. It was a mistake supporting something more of the same to come.

I honestly have no idea what I'll be playing/supporting in 2018 as I have limited info on what is to come exactly when. I've always had a game that I can see myself enjoying since waiting for X game and not playing anything has never been an option for me.

What have you done to help push gaming forward or backward in 2017? If anything Blizzard understands that getting audience is important to your product. By giving me a choice to win more in a specific game or in real life is one of things I like to see more. Giving me a choice on buying games and game time through in game items or in this case currency at the cost of ruining WOW's economy is something I could live with as all I did was 3v3 repetitive arena which also is about to end as pushing rating is only worth doing in the last 4 days from a 3+ month of season.

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    have you ever considered looking at Steam and what games are hot and for various genres?
    Huntrezz

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I'll go out on a limb here, but my guess is that you'll be playing something free because you'll still be waiting for that game to spend hundreds of dollars on :smiley:

What did I do this year.... well,

1) I subscribed to WoW, which might be forward (for trying to resurrect subs model) and might be bad (supporting anything WoW).

2) I supported my youngest son in spending $80 in add-ons for R6 Siege (a game he paid $20 for)

3) I bought 2 copies of Star Wars Battlefront 2

4) I bought 2 copies of CoD WW2

5) I paid a sub for SWTOR for 6 months. 

6) I bought 2 copies of Destiny 2

7) I bought the D3 necro expack and haven't even rolled a necro yet

Overall I think I'm pretty much neutral.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As of now I'm playing Curse of Osiris, and The Division's new expansion mostly.  I also play GW2, ESO, ESO Legends, not to mention all the games that are having holiday specials and give aways just for logging in.  Uplay is now giving away a free copy of World in Conflict.  That and all the games on my waiting list, purchased and not played yet will make for a 2018 with lots to do.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    As of now I'm playing Curse of Osiris, and The Division's new expansion mostly.  I also play GW2, ESO, ESO Legends, not to mention all the games that are having holiday specials and give aways just for logging in.  Uplay is now giving away a free copy of World in Conflict.  That and all the games on my waiting list, purchased and not played yet will make for a 2018 with lots to do.
    do you guys ever play Steam 'indish' kind of games? and why not, do you just wait for sales to be really high and a lot of buzz before jumping in (like Ark for example) basically what is your decision factors here becuase mine appears to be radically different

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SEANMCAD said:
    do you guys ever play Steam 'indish' kind of games? and why not, do you just wait for sales to be really high and a lot of buzz before jumping in (like Ark for example) basically what is your decision factors here becuase mine appears to be radically different

I prefer high-quality, story-driven games. I don't even care if it's 10 hours or less. Just tell me a good story. I'm not 13 anymore, so time is more limited, so I prefer games that I can hop in and out with relatively low commitment. The exception is WoW and SWTOR, which I hop between throughout the year. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------