Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your gaming experience your responsibility?

13»

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

You and I were never talking about the word pitch, you injected that to make a weak point that failed.

Sean was not talking about what they were working on.  Have you even watched any of the interviews?

you interjected your hard on about NMS into an ongoing conversation about the word 'pitch' and you just responded to what I was saying in that context.

but regarding what you want to talk about (which is not what I was talking about) NOBODY can predict the future.

Any claim any company makes about any project in any circumstance regarding how the outcome WILL be is NOT a promise, its a guidepost and if it doesnt happen its not a lie by default. I MIGHT be a lie, but there are a lot of other possiblities.

Only children believe in Santa and promises can not be affected by the fucking FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He MIGHT have lied, but because its in the FUTURE..it can be many things.

The only part that matters is what the company says is in the game at the point its up for released sale.

jesus fucking christ!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic 

Wow. Just... wow. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

You and I were never talking about the word pitch, you injected that to make a weak point that failed.

Sean was not talking about what they were working on.  Have you even watched any of the interviews?

you interjected your hard on about NMS into an ongoing conversation about the word 'pitch' and you just responded to what I was saying in that context.

but regarding what you want to talk about (which is not what I was talking about) NOBODY can predict the future.

Any claim any company makes about any project in any circumstance regarding how the outcome WILL be is NOT a promise, its a guidepost and if it doesnt happen its not a lie by default. I MIGHT be a lie, but there are a lot of other possiblities.

Only children believe in Santa and promises can not be affected by the fucking FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He MIGHT have lied, but because its in the FUTURE..it can be many things.

The only part that matters is what the company says is in the game at the point its up for released sale.

jesus fucking christ!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic 

Wow. Just... wow. 
    The Future..

something you can not predict. If the FUTURE does not turn out as you had stated your plans to be, its not a lie by default.

It CAN be a lie but it CAN be many things

You disagree? you think if one states something that they are going to do in the future, literally nothing at all whatoever can affect that other than it being a lie

really?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited December 2017
    cheyane said:
    [mod edit]
    I disagree for reasons I have stated but I will state again.

Developer companies ALL THE TIME talk about what they are 'going to do'.

So according to you every single developer who says their game is going to come out in a certian year but doesnt is liying. To you they knew ahead of time that it was not going to happen and they lied.

really? 

would someoen please actually read this?
    THE FUTURE IS NEVER ASSURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Vaross on

edited December 2017
    cheyane said:
    [mod edit]
    he was discussing current developer that were in progress in which the output of those works would be in the future.

It is EXTREEMLY common for developers to talk about what they are working on and have it not work out. The best you got is 'he should have told people it didnt work out' and on that I agree 100% but to call it a lie by default without considering the possiblities future brings is being delisonal. also...as it turns out...the law agrees with me on this. What matters is only what they say is in the game when its offically released, anything before is obfuscation at best..which is legal. BUT...this converssation is not about NMS so lets please get it back online
    Post edited by Vaross on

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    SEANMCAD said:
    Is it 99.9% of the time your responsibility to have a good time in video games? which means becoming an informed consumer, and cutting losses as soon as boredom or frustration comes into play?

is it really a good thing to say 'hey Bob I had no fun this weekend and I choose it that way'

I dont know, at some level yes, some level no

discuss
    No and...just no.  This is silly.  Can you make yourself enjoy anything?  Of course not.  You either like it or you don't.  Its the free market, plain and simple, period.  Developers try and produce a product that people find "fun".  Some people do and buy it, other people don't and don't.  If enough people buy it they its a success and if enough people don't its not.  Don't complicate the process with personal responsibility and any such nonsense.  At best it has nothing to do with it.  At worst it acts counter to market forces and is detrimental to product development.
    edited December 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Is it 99.9% of the time your responsibility to have a good time in video games? which means becoming an informed consumer, and cutting losses as soon as boredom or frustration comes into play?

is it really a good thing to say 'hey Bob I had no fun this weekend and I choose it that way'

I dont know, at some level yes, some level no

discuss
    No and...just no.  This is silly.  Can you make yourself enjoy anything?  Of course not.  You either like it or you don't.  Its the free market, plain and simple, period.  Developers try and produce a product that people find "fun".  Some people do and buy it, other people don't and don't.  If enough people buy it they its a success and if enough people don't its not.  Don't complicate the process with personal responsibility and any such nonsense.  At best it has nothing to do with it.  At worst it acts counter to market forces and is detrimental to product development.
    there are things I can control and there are things I can not control.

I am responsible for what I can control, I am not responisble for what I can not control and more importantly it doesnt do me any good to lamet over things I have no control over in the first place.

What I can control is which game I buy and how long I play it. 
    If I am intrested in having a good time its my resonsibly to stop playing that game if its not fun and to go find another game to play. I can not continue to play that game and just cry about it being the developers fault that I am not having a good time and wait for him to send me a personal code fix.

a( fucking) mazing the lengths people will go to not take responsiblity for somethign so basic as a game purchase choice and control themselves to stop playing it when they are not having fun. what the actual fuck? how hard is that?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    LOL, look who got banned again.
    cameltosis
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Happened a few days ago, Im expecting him back soon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon