Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - What's in Store for Tamriel in 2018? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Global auction house would ruin the game cause it'll make it like every other boring AH in every other boring MMO that no one plays.
    If they update the combat it'll be like when WoW changed combat or even the CU that semi-sorta ruined those games for many people.

Changing a game to make it like another is rarely a good decision and a lesson I assumed most of you learned yesterday.
  • Possum6381Possum6381 Member CommonPosts: 8
    I know it's not an auction house, but this website can certainly help you find what you need...

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
  • NorrthmanNorrthman Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Lower the monthly cost to 5-6 euros/dollars and you get all players in the world. And really ESOII with new servers and engine would be cool.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

If they were going to add one thing in 2018 an auction house would be it. The second thing would be more inventory and bank space.

I am all for the world wide auction house because really get tired of spamming to get into good trading guilds that don't think you have to work like a job to make a sells quota or require donations.

Why do you need more inventory really? Right now you can have over a hundred spaces, I think my bank is around 140 or so. You can buy more slots from the bag vendor then even more from the horse trainer.

Don't really feel sorry for non-sub, if this is a my bank is full of crafting mats. They made a bag to remedy that as a reward for subbing, makes it worthwhile to sub if just for that. I mean you can create just a mule alt so you can have more space than you should ever need which can swap in items to the bank to give to any other alt or main with minimum effort.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I really like the way they have set up there update schedule now. There will be 4 new additions throughout the year. Can't remember them exactly but one is a free DLC for subs, followed by a dungeon release, followed by a chapter release or paid xpac for everyone, ending with something else I can't remember right now. It is something that is actually an achievable feat with a clear line of communication on what to expect and when to expect it.

So for me the only thing other than what they plan already is a world wide AH. I like the system the way it is now but it takes to much time to find what you want or need. Guilds are also losing their minds now by charging more and more just to be in a guild that actually has a good spot to sell. I don't mind giving when I can and feel like it but trying to require me to give has caused me to leave more than one trade guild.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    BruceYee said:

Changing a game to make it like another is rarely a good decision and a lesson I assumed most of you learned yesterday.
    What happened yesterday?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I've always wanted to like this game but could never get past the combat system. Just far too shallow and boring for me. But, I wouldn't want them to change it for me as it would probably drive off the existing playerbase, and that would be a shame!
    BruceYee
  • tborggrentborggren Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I just like to knwo where all the players are? The game is not a ghost town, but a ghost world!
    SinsaiIselinYashaX
  • aprioresapriores Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2017
    I would like to see a way to procure all shop items (DLC excluded) with in game gold, like GW2 have. I loved this game and purchased almost all DLCs and expansion (except two packs of two dungeons - 1500 crowns each - because I don't see its worth it), but I can't afford to pay a monthly subscription or invest real money for every mount I like or services I need. If there was a way to work hard in game for this kind of rewards, I would play it daily and still invest in future DLCs and expansions. I don't understand why at least basic mount skins, like camel, wolf, bear etc are not sold in game for gold... This is just too greedy for me.
  • DocmanduDocmandu Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Bug fixes
    Bug fixes
    Bug fixes

My top 3 wishlist.
  • VikingmannVikingmann Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited December 2017
    AUCTION HOUSE IS NEEDED!!
    So tired of using 3rd party programs, then go on that website to search for that item, teleport through different maps and cities to find that item,and hope it hasn't been sold already, then buy.
    Prices are pretty much the same all over because of this 3rd party program anyway, whats even the point of the trading guilds, its was a nice idea, but it just makes you waste so much time running around finding items, instead of actually playing the game!!

BruceYee said:

What happened yesterday?

Auction houses and global markets in MMO's are like homing beacons for gold sellers. They have no problem destroying an entire economy or manipulating it just to make $5 and ruin the game for everyone. Many games still use the archaic trade channel only system because of their fear of gold sellers. I don't doubt that what you said about them infiltrating trade guilds to do their shady business exists but the way guilds are set up make it harder for the lazy gold sellers to set up shop which is worth it for the extra inconvenience and not seeing them everywhere like in eastern games IMO.

In vanilla WoW on my server Blackrock there was an entire guild of gold farmers that were using raids to farm multiple times weekly so taking advantage of a game system isn't new and there will always be some that do no matter how hard the developer makes it for them.
  • LokrynLokryn Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited December 2017
    I would really like to see combat animations (animations in general) be improved. They all feel too stiff and clunky. I think it's because they use keyframe instead of motion capture but I could be wrong. Also, some of the animations really lack creativity. A good example is the Templar's puncturing strikes (and morphs). The character just stabs three times in the same motion and then does one big stab. Very boring.  

Improved physics. I hate how when I jump on a slanted roof, my character stays in the same animation as he slides off. The change where they made your feet stick to the ground better is a change in the right direction. More of that please.  

I also think it's time for another Weapon type.

Vampire and Werewolf improvements. And a Vampire/Werewolf DLC with a Dawnguard skill line for those who don't want to be either (and vamps/WW can't be a dawnguard).
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    If they would implement a better system than trade guilds it would go a long way towards me playing again. 
    Plus there are bugs and performance issues that havent been solved / addressed in forever, and doesnt look like they ever will be.

Overall i enjoyed my time with ESO, but unless they make some changes then I personally have no desire to play anymore.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017
    BruceYee said:

BruceYee said:

What happened yesterday?

Auction houses and global markets in MMO's are like homing beacons for gold sellers. They have no problem destroying an entire economy or manipulating it just to make $5 and ruin the game for everyone. Many games still use the archaic trade channel only system because of their fear of gold sellers. I don't doubt that what you said about them infiltrating trade guilds to do their shady business exists but the way guilds are set up make it harder for the lazy gold sellers to set up shop which is worth it for the extra inconvenience and not seeing them everywhere like in eastern games IMO.

In vanilla WoW on my server Blackrock there was an entire guild of gold farmers that were using raids to farm multiple times weekly so taking advantage of a game system isn't new and there will always be some that do no matter how hard the developer makes it for them.
    What? They can still just buy a new account for hardly anything and just mail gold to anyone they like as well you know...

The guild system lets the clever ones operate completely unhindered in any way. They can make thier OWN guilds and perform all gold trading through it by added and removing members and trading through storage or through the marketplace. They even build up clients in thier guilds and keep regular customers in their guilds.

.. and the lazy sellers can just do what they always did. Nothing is stopping them.

The only thing that ESO has solved is people seeing gold seller spam in the chat. They have a filter or something that autoblocks them so you don't see it most of the time. They are still there and it's still happening.

Honestly, ESO is a gold sellers paradise. ZOS is completely aware of it and simply hid the problem instead of fixing it.
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    The guild function in this game goes against the reason to join a guild. It means customers only. There is no actual reason not to have an auction house. The current system serves no one besides those who are unemployed and have too much time to waste in a game at the detriment of sane people who work for a living and have families. I don't want to spend large amounts of time and energy buying something. When I can play I want to play. I do not want to do the mmo equivalent of going curtain shopping with my wife but even somehow more boring and awful since I'm not even earning brownie points for being a good emasculated buffoon.
    [Deleted User]
    edited December 2017

BruceYee said:

BruceYee said:

What happened yesterday?

What? They can still just buy a new account for hardly anything and just mail gold to anyone they like as well you know...

The guild system lets the clever ones operate completely unhindered in any way. They can make thier OWN guilds and perform all gold trading through it by added and removing members and trading through storage or through the marketplace. They even build up clients in thier guilds and keep regular customers in their guilds.

.. and the lazy sellers can just do what they always did. Nothing is stopping them.

The only thing that ESO has solved is people seeing gold seller spam in the chat. They have a filter or something that autoblocks them so you don't see it most of the time. They are still there and it's still happening.

Honestly, ESO is a gold sellers paradise. ZOS is completely aware of it and simply hid the problem instead of fixing it.

Like I said before, I don't doubt that what you are saying is true even if some of it does seem borderline tin foil hat cause of the high risk of being banned.

If every last thing you wrote is true though then wouldn't it be easy for them just to ban entire guilds when/if they find out that they created a full on underground thieves guild black market within their game? How does anyone know if gold sellers aren't banned in groups and it just goes unannounced. I can't think of a single game company that doesn't care that their game currency is being sold for real money but that is what you are saying happens in ESO?

Do you know of specific guilds or players that are involved in what you described cause if you do have you tried reporting it and if so what was their response? I'm genuinely interested and if you have details would like to check it out myself not to prove you wrong but to be amazed that everything you wrote actually happens.
  • shadyjane63shadyjane63 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I play a little but will not put any money into a game without and auction house.
    blamo2000