Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascent: Infinite Realm - Developer Interview & Final Thoughts from G-Star 2017 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAscent: Infinite Realm - Developer Interview & Final Thoughts from G-Star 2017 - MMORPG.com

As I sat across the table from Hyung-Jun Kim at GStar 2017 in Busan, South Korea, you could tell Ascent: Infinite Realm was clearly something Bluehole was passionate about. Even through the translator that passion came across - everything Kim spoke of lit his eyes up. There were so many questions to be answered, so many issues encountered during our gameplay session - especially with A:IR’s flagship (see what I did there?) feature - airship to airship combat.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    "Currently, Airships in Ascent: Infinite Realm handle identically to your character on the ground. There doesn’t seem to be any real weight or momentum to them - nothing that feels as you might think a giant metal ship in the air might feel."

Yeah, I noticed this as well. It's like, essentially, your character is a ship in 3rd person.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited December 2017

Sovrath said:

"Currently, Airships in Ascent: Infinite Realm handle identically to your character on the ground. There doesn’t seem to be any real weight or momentum to them - nothing that feels as you might think a giant metal ship in the air might feel."

Yeah, I noticed this as well. It's like, essentially, your character is a ship in 3rd person.

The article states this area needs real work, yet the developer said this was by design. So from that it doesn't look at all likely that it's going to get the real work the author says it needs. Confused much?

Then the article goes on to state the end game is this RvR airship combat, which apparently either needs real work or is working as intended.
    Sovrath
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    More I read about this game, more I lost hope for it being any good.
    I don't think it is possible to design a "perfect game", because... Well, tastes... BUT, new games are supposed to bring new stuff, or AT LEAST make what we already have somehow better... But this game seems to be doing nothing... Combat seems bad (3 years after BDO and this is the best you can do for a 2018/2019 launch? Cmon...) and nothing looks new or revolutionary.

Sorry but it is not really ok to launch a new game with bad controls, and IF air battle is so important for this game, why they look so BAD? By DESIGN? OMG... OMFG...
    pantaro
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Well, the end game of RvR and the housing don't sound very interesting. I can't see myself bothering with either. I usually enjoy raiding but it sounds like it might just get tacked-on. Of course, the basic gameplay and character build and depth of mechanics will be showstoppers if they are shallow.
  • mentoplusmentoplus Member UncommonPosts: 73
    just another crap game by blueasshole studio, expect peaks of single digits fps on big scale combat like every title they make
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Anyone else just not interested in this "RvR air ship combat"? I've no interest at all in it. The game gives me a weird Aion feeling.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    This is not my taste either. Just doesnt peek my interest :/