Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Savage Hunt, Successor to Dragon's Prophet, Launching Tomorrow...We Think - Dragon's Prophet - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSavage Hunt, Successor to Dragon's Prophet, Launching Tomorrow...We Think - Dragon's Prophet - MMORPG.com

Dragon's Prophet News - According to a brief post on the "DragonsProphetEurope.com" forums, it appears that the "spiritual successor" to Dragon's Prophet called Savage Hunt will be launching tomorrow, Wednesday, December 6th. Community Manager "Ildruin" posted, "Well guys, as I promised...as soon as I get the information, I will forward it to you! So here goes! Savage Hunt will be released on Wednesday, December 6th, 2017. That's just two days! Buckle up!".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why do bad games keep trying to revive yet good games stay dead?
    OyjordNephethmarganculosrojoArcueidAlomarinfomatzCyber_wastelandMikehaPhry
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol at Bucktooth Dragons ..

Guy reminded me of the old Tubes song ...

" We got a herd of Winnabagoes .. We are giving them away.. " or "How about a babys arm holding an apple"
  • TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    is this an MMO?
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    The website in the video can't even be found.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Albatroes said:

Dragons Prophet was okay. It wasn't a great game, it had a lot of bugs and weird clunkiness. But it had some good ideas and was kinda fun to play to be honest.

This on the other hand looks like the exact same game, are they just renaming it and saying it's the successor?
    Octagon7711Sinsai
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Albatroes said:

Dragons Prophet was okay. It wasn't a great game, it had a lot of bugs and weird clunkiness. But it had some good ideas and was kinda fun to play to be honest.

This on the other hand looks like the exact same game, are they just renaming it and saying it's the successor?

Yet you have Riders of Icarus out now and even Bless online next year. This game's future is already sealed before it began regardless if the other 2 are good or not.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I wonder if Runewaker is involved. DP ran like crap just like Runes of magic.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Albatroes said:

Albatroes said:

Yet you have Riders of Icarus out now and even Bless online next year. This game's future is already sealed before it began regardless if the other 2 are good or not.

I think Riders of Icarus was well done and I enjoy playing it from time to time. Not great but no that bad either.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RehdyeRehdye Member UncommonPosts: 16
    It was also posted on Facebook yesterday that Savage Hunt was launching Dec. 6th by the DragonsProphetEurope team.
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    VERY Clunky feeling game.....i wonder if they improved it at all.
  • TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    can you download this game yet?
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Dragon's Prophet isn't even that old. It released in fall of 2013. I wasn't even aware it died but I'm not surprised it did. Uninspired WoW knock-off with 4 classes. Was bored almost from the moment I started playing to when I quit about 15 minutes later.

Unless some really major improvements have been made I wouldn't even waste your time downloading it just to try it out.
    Alomar
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The irony of the Dusk Till Dawn reference...
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They closed down the NA servers but the EU servers are still up for DP, I just logged in to check.  All my characters waiting for my return.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    It wasn't so much a bad game butr the armor glitching with the character models needed fixing and Day Break Games is a bad company they just can't make a great game although soem disagree my view is that DBG was a failure every since Planet Side 2 was launched really, the SWG closing down and the original Planet Side 1 game that I will forever miss because planet side 2 made after had bad character models complete garbage, and over-all feels like call of duty with no better than capture the flag or in the case caputre an objhective with no real "Hacking" like in the original Planet Side or story behind it...

I miss the old Sony / DBG titles but meh games just are not what they used to be.
  • tihi85tihi85 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    wth are you guys talking about, this is an update for Dragons prophet lol
    Game is still alive in Europe. No one is doing any research jeez
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Because Dragon's Prophet was so big it required a sequel?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I think they are selling uses cars. or maby something from the old chjeese and chjong thing stinky smelley slimey jucy.

But it is catchy :).
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Albatroes said:

A simple answer, quick buck via Microtransactions.

They know this game will shut down again. It looks like these companies make more money reviving a dead mmo for the short term and focusing on the cash shop throughout that short period of life than making an entirely new (and good) mmo and hope it sells.
    Nilden

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So trying to reboot a failed game by renaming it and not talking about it and giving a vague launch that might not be? Sounds like a recipe for success!!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Dragon Overkill.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47

DMKano said:

We've already seen the best part, it's all downhill from here.

Saw the best part?!? I'm still trying to figure out what I watched...
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    "If you can find a dragon better this... f_" - Oh wait.
    arjemour
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...
    ScotchUp
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2017

Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...

This is what they do here.

This is the only site where the question " Do you even game bro? " actually applies.

All they do is complain and never talk about the game they are actually playing.
    As for Savage Hunt I will give it a shot. The original was not a bad game at all.
    ScotchUp