Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patreon for poor people that cant afford CoE? Elyrian Assistance Program announced...

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I find this thread to be so amusing with the lack of Knowledge and biased opinions some are basing their judgments on. I will attempt to clarify it for you but I am pretty sure my intel will be ignored since I am not bashing SBS, but here goes anyways. 

You assume the players are -buying- additional packages to donate, this, in fact, is false. What is transpiring is that with each higher tier package already purchased by players had the opportunity to acquire an additional Eylian Tier package to gift to a friend. It was those packages that the Community member in question asked folks to donate to others in the community.  Additional packages were also given to players when SBS has their Kickstarter Anniversary. Resulting in some of us having more the one package available in our inventory to gift to someone else. With no additional cost to us. 

It was those packages that were being referred to and no one was asking for the community members to buy additional packages for people that couldn't afford them. Now myself I won't be able to get involved in this, for the simple reason I have already gifted my packages to some friends. But, there are others in the community that might not have and they are able to gift it to another community member. 

See when you are listening to Slapshot, you aren't getting the whole story. You only get part of it. Now I certainly don't expect everyone to support that game because that would be unreasonable, but it would be nice if you were at least getting the -whole- story so that you could make an informed decision.  Rather than just what he can use to make SBS appear to be something it is not. I have been witness to this tactic in several of his threads about CoE.
    Then I suppose you can explain why a Patreon campaign to raise money is needed if “no one was asking community members to buy additional packages “

You guys amuse me to no end.  You don’t even read the thread or visit the Patreon page but come here to “clarify it”.

For reference, read the op... follow the link... gain knowledge.  Currently $46 people month have been pledged vs a goal of $180

ScorchienJustDrakeYashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What even is this thread, it's like a bunch of personal attacks and random arguments going on between two different forums. This is crazy. 
    [Deleted User]
  • JustDrakeJustDrake Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I find this thread to be so amusing with the lack of Knowledge and biased opinions some are basing their judgments on. I will attempt to clarify it for you but I am pretty sure my intel will be ignored since I am not bashing SBS, but here goes anyways. 

You assume the players are -buying- additional packages to donate, this, in fact, is false. What is transpiring is that with each higher tier package already purchased by players had the opportunity to acquire an additional Eylian Tier package to gift to a friend. It was those packages that the Community member in question asked folks to donate to others in the community.  Additional packages were also given to players when SBS has their Kickstarter Anniversary. Resulting in some of us having more the one package available in our inventory to gift to someone else. With no additional cost to us. 

It was those packages that were being referred to and no one was asking for the community members to buy additional packages for people that couldn't afford them. Now myself I won't be able to get involved in this, for the simple reason I have already gifted my packages to some friends. But, there are others in the community that might not have and they are able to gift it to another community member. 

See when you are listening to Slapshot, you aren't getting the whole story. You only get part of it. Now I certainly don't expect everyone to support that game because that would be unreasonable, but it would be nice if you were at least getting the -whole- story so that you could make an informed decision.  Rather than just what he can use to make SBS appear to be something it is not. I have been witness to this tactic in several of his threads about CoE.
    Then I suppose you can explain why a Patreon campaign to raise money is needed if “no one was asking community members to buy additional packages “

You guys amuse me to no end.  You don’t even read the thread or visit the Patreon page but come here to “clarify it”.

For reference, read the op... follow the link... gain knowledge.  Currently $46 people month have been pledged vs a goal of $180

As I previously said the patreon is something tha was arranged after the project was set up (through request) for those that wanted to help but had no packages or for those that couldn't afford to straight up buy a pack for someone.

You see the coe community wants to help others to get the game as well as growing our community
    Slapshot1188YashaX
    What even is this thread, it's like a bunch of personal attacks and random arguments going on between two different forums. This is crazy. 
    Despite attempts to derail... this thread exists to discuss the concept of raising money through a Patreon to buy copies of a game (eta 2 years from now) for people than cannot raise the ~$40 on their own.

Most if is find that concept strange.  What are your thoughts?
    HulluckYashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited December 2017
    Despite attempts to derail... this thread exists to discuss the concept of raising money through a Patreon to buy copies of a game (eta 2 years from now) for people than cannot raise the ~$40 on their own.

I agree it's a weird concept but it's unique. I mean if people are willing to donate towards people who can't afford a game and get copies for those people I guess it's a nice idea, but determining who gets the copies or if those people actually need copies will be kind of weird. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2017
    EDIT: My question was already answered while I was writing this message /EDIT
    Slapshot1188

I agree it's a weird concept but it's unique. I mean if people are willing to donate towards people who can't afford a game and get copies for those people I guess it's a nice idea, but determining who gets the copies or if those people actually need copies will be kind of weird. 
    Yup. For or against.. it is an interesting concept.

Vrika said:

If you already have those packages, why are you asking $180/month for giving away one package each week.

On second though considering the nature of Chronicles of Elyria you don't need to answer. I guess that kind of money mongering is expected within the game and its community.
    See my post above
    @Dakeru I apologise it wasn't you it was slapshot using your name
    YashaX
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Quoted from this thread. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22710/elyrian-assistance-program

"How many of us have single or even multiple accounts with an extra Elyrian pledges just sitting there, forgotten and abandoned after we purchased our Carriage For Two? Immediately, I contacted those people from my community and asked for their forum names and gifted them these extra packages."
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JustDrake said:
    Vrika said:

If you already have those packages, why are you asking $180/month for giving away one package each week.

On second though considering the nature of Chronicles of Elyria you don't need to answer. I guess that kind of money mongering is expected within the game and its community.
    See my post above
    Yes, I saw it after posting. This forum software doesn't warn about new posts that have been written while I was writing my own.

Quoted from this thread. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22710/elyrian-assistance-program

"How many of us have single or even multiple accounts with an extra Elyrian pledges just sitting there, forgotten and abandoned after we purchased our Carriage For Two? Immediately, I contacted those people from my community and asked for their forum names and gifted them these extra packages."
    That’s great, but again... what is the point if the Patreon if not to buy new accounts which you expressly stated was not happening.  So to be clear... the Patreon IS to raise money to buy accounts for people that cannot afford them.  Correct?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    JustDrake said:
    @Dakeru I apologise it wasn't you it was slapshot using your name
    Yeah I'm sure it was...
    Slapshot1188
    Harbinger of Fools

That’s great, but again... what is the point if the Patreon if not to buy new accounts which you expressly stated was not happening.  So to be clear... the Patreon IS to raise money to buy accounts for people that cannot afford them.  Correct?
    I was unaware of that forum so I will admit you are right, even though it wasn't the intent of the original post.  I do wonder though why you feel one person's actions are a reflection of SBS as a whole? Or why it would concern anyone outside of the game as to what players choose to do with their money.  They earned it, which allows them to do as they wish with it.

This was NOT implemented by SBS! Yet you are hell bent and making it appear as though it was. I don't judge the entirety of MMORPG because of your actions.
    YashaX
    I do wonder though why you feel one person's actions are a reflection of SBS as a whole? Or why it would concern anyone outside of the game as to what players choose to do with their money. 
    It's hard not to when you guys go as far as using our names to make fake applications now.

Also I could just give this right back to you:
    This is a critical forum - why are you guys concerned by what we are thinking?

It won't influence your community in any way.
    JustDrakeAsheram[Deleted User]HulluckYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    I do wonder though why you feel one person's actions are a reflection of SBS as a whole? Or why it would concern anyone outside of the game as to what players choose to do with their money. 
    It's hard not to when you guys go as far as using our names to make fake applications now.

Also I could just give this right back to you:
    This is a critical forum - why are you guys concerned by what we are thinking?

It won't influence your community in any way.
    Well for starters what is said in these forums is read by many, it is the nature of the forum, right? So of course, we are concerned as to what you are saying when it will reflect on a game that over 10,000 people invested in. Especially when there are only half-truths offered here. If all the facts were presented then I wouldn't have an issue, but they never are. So yes what is said here does influence our community largely. 

I am not really sure what you mean by us making fake applications, so I can't respond to that. 
    YashaX
     Especially when there are only half-truths offered here. If all the facts were presented then I wouldn't have an issue, but they never are.
    They never are?
    I hear this complaint so often by you guys.

If it never is then you should have no issue pointing out the what exactly is wrong and set it right.
    YashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
     Especially when there are only half-truths offered here. If all the facts were presented then I wouldn't have an issue, but they never are.
    They never are?

If it never is then you should have no issue pointing out the what exactly is wrong and set it right.
    I have, several times in different threads as many other players have. But there is a small group of you that refuse to acknowledge what is being said. If you haven't taken notice of that, then you must be one of the ones that have tunnel vision. 
    YashaX
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Here's a tip, get a damned job!
    starstorm777Slapshot1188AsheramYashaX
    JustDrake said:
    Dakeru said:
    JustDrake said:
    Check those 3 screenshots out and you will see what sort of person you are defending
    Ok so first the account was set up with my name. Then the name changed to Slapshot with the remark MMORPG.com Savior.
    Yeah that totally sounds like him.

Gee you got us busted big time.

This is solid proof!
    ok those screenshots might not have shown it very well but now I have posted them guess what the username on discord has changed. Unfortunately for him I got the screenshot first

Now as you can see now I am on my pc and can put them side by side, the discord channel on the right is the official MMORPG.com one (that he has now left) and the one on the right is the Elyrian Assistance Projects discord channel.

I managed to get the application on the same screenshot as the username. So if you compare the usernames on both they are different but the discord username on both it Torp#2167.

He can run around as much as he wants but the proof is there for all to see.

I did see the screenshots but it comes down to some account I don't know that changed its username to me and to Slapshot.
    Is that considered solid proof?

Well I don't think Slap would lie to me so let's ask him directly.

@Slapshot1188 Were you using my name to troll?

Dakeru said:
    They never are?

I have, several times in different threads as many other players have. But there is a small group of you that refuse to acknowledge what is being said. If you haven't taken notice of that, then you must be one of the ones that have tunnel vision. 
    What you have done several times is claimed there are half truths.
    For example Slap said a recent idea got negative feedback from some big scale backers.
    Then Elyria people jumped in screaming fake news and that it was only a minority feeling this way.

Except for he never said it was the majority he just said it was people who invested a lot.
    YashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
    @Dakeru

Seriously? Now you are just grasping. If you would like I will clarify that for you. Yes, some of the high backers where put out when it was first announced as to what items would be offered in the store. Those, of course, were the only comments Slapshot posted in his thread. However, once the store had actually launched and players were able to see the cost of the items. There was nothing but a positive response from the community, which are the quotes that Caspian posted. CoE isn't unlike any other community, where players sometimes react before they get all the facts. If I am wrong, please provide me the source. 

As for me constantly implying half-truths, yes this is true. Why, because that is what is being done. 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/22147/Details-about-a-la-carte-items
    YashaX
    @Dakeru

Seriously? Now you are just grasping. If you would like I will clarify that for you. Yes, some of the high backers where put out when it was first announced as to what items would be offered in the store. Those, of course, were the only comments Slapshot posted in his thread. However, once the store had actually launched and players were able to see the cost of the items. There was nothing but a positive response from the community, which are the quotes that Caspian posted. CoE isn't unlike any other community, where players sometimes react before they get all the facts. If I am wrong, please provide me the source. 

As for me constantly implying half-truths, yes this is true. Why, because that is what is being done. 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/22147/Details-about-a-la-carte-items
    Excuse me but how am I grasping here?

The info was out and Slap said SOME high level contributors were upset.

If they changed their mind later on it doesn't change the fact that this is what happened...
    mystichazeYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
    And because Slapshot said it must be fact right? Perhaps you should do some of your own research instead of riding on Slapshots tail feathers. Just sayin. 
    YashaX
    And because Slapshot said it must be fact right? Perhaps you should do some of your own research instead of riding on Slapshots tail feathers. Just sayin. 
    He gave quotes?
    If any of those quotes were fake then here is your perfect chance to expose him as liar.

No seriously you are the one grasping straws.

If you said something like:
    But some of the people changed their mind later on and Slap should have mentioned that.

Then I would take that as valid critical point.
    But instead you chose to do what all Elyria people do:

"HALF TRUTHS HALF TRUTHS HALF  TRUTHS!" Chant that Mantra over and over again
    mystichazeAsheramYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Even if Slapshot did troll by using Dakeru's name (which he probably didn't), it doesn't change the topic of the thread nor the fallacious premise of the EBT program you guys got set up
This discussion has been closed.