Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion I: Curse of Osiris Launch Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageExpansion I: Curse of Osiris Launch Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

Tomorrow is launch day for Expansion 1: Curse of Osiris for Destiny 2. Players will travel to Mercury to chase down the most infamous of the Guardians and "battle the time-traveling Vex in new cinematic campaign missions."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Use your cellphone to team up because we're to lazy to add features pc gamers have come to expect from online games and progress your character that won't actually make your character stronger. Get access to our first expansion in destiny 2 that should have been included at launch but wasn't because activision.

Compete in Crucible Arenas and see who can get more headshots with aim assist when you have potato aim or download some software, buy a xim4 and get aim assist with kb&m! Play Dec 5th! Yeah!
    AlomarViper482WarlyxandredocThupli
  • Miniz1Miniz1 Member UncommonPosts: 5

Use your cellphone to team up because we're to lazy to add features pc gamers have come to expect from online games and progress your character that won't actually make your character stronger. Get access to our first expansion in destiny 2 that should have been included at launch but wasn't because activision.

Compete in Crucible Arenas and see who can get more headshots with aim assist when you have potato aim or download some software, buy a xim4 and get aim assist with kb&m! Play Dec 5th! Yeah!

So glad you wont be there.
    AlomarViper482FlyByKnightjgDuffay
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Tried it for free over the weekend......meh. Hey Miniz1, I won't be there either.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Viper482 said:

Tried it for free over the weekend......meh. Hey Miniz1, I won't be there either.

That's great news!
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2017

Miniz1 said:
    Viper482 said:

That's great news!

This is an attitude I will never understand as long as I live.

1. If you don't like a game. Spiffy. Everyone has their own thing.
    2. Why do people actively hope games fail?

I just don't get it and never will.
    [Deleted User]esc-joconnor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I can't fault the comment on using your phone for chat, but they have said they will fix it, hopfully . . . NOWish . . . XD But great fun anyways. Having a robust in game social system would make it a 9 for me.
    [Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to more app and Alexa integration.
    [Deleted User]Thupli

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Just to be clear. I enjoy the game quite a bit. I ended up getting it for my 2 sons as well so we can play together. I agree SBFord.

I was posting that I am excited that these trolls will not be souring the game.

When Destiny 1 launched I was waiting for a pc release. Finally got it.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Miniz1 said:

Just to be clear. I enjoy the game quite a bit. I ended up getting it for my 2 sons as well so we can play together. I agree SBFord.

Why would I sour the game by giving my honest opinion? When there are plenty of things in the game that already do that for many players. People were leaving left and right. Why else would they take the destiny 2 statistical data off the tracker? Why is there already a free trial that basically gives away half the game a little over a month after launch? Your allowed to have your opinion and I'm glad your having fun.

People always say If you don't like it well then don't play it but this is one of the cases that if you don't like it, you need to speak out against it. This game is the epitome of participation trophy gaming. Instead of making a great game, they create an illusion of challenge and trick people into thinking they are awesome. It is the kim kardashian of gaming. It's famous for being famous, it lacks substance and is all style. I thought the pvp would be its only saving grace but there are other shooters out there that have came out over the past couple of years that are better than this.
    ZenJellyesc-joconnor
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664

Haven't had issues with holding my own in crucible.. Even against some that I would suspect of aimboting. Here's a tip, anything upper chest will register as a headshot as well. Sounds like you got destroyed and rage quit.

However on your other points.. absolutely lol.
    ZenJelly
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I got 250+ active hours and just slowed down this last week because of the dlc. There are people who had fun and played what was there and will be back for anything new. There are people who think the game is not for them. There are people still playing. There are people who think the game stinks and Bungie/Activision are just grabbing dollars who might not have played/played/are playing the game. I am always told the vocal part of the community is very small.

I will complain about things. I will even disagree but if someone likes then that is great for them in my mind. The game has issues for me and I will probably stop playing at some point. I thought Destiny 2 would be a looter shooter but it seems the game is going to be more of a currency grinder. I will still play and have fun and stop when I am bored. Hope to have a lot of fun this week.
    Miniz1
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Miniz1 said:

Why would I sour the game by giving my honest opinion? When there are plenty of things in the game that already do that for many players. People were leaving left and right. Why else would they take the destiny 2 statistical data off the tracker? Why is there already a free trial that basically gives away half the game a little over a month after launch? Your allowed to have your opinion and I'm glad your having fun.

People always say If you don't like it well then don't play it but this is one of the cases that if you don't like it, you need to speak out against it. This game is the epitome of participation trophy gaming. Instead of making a great game, they create an illusion of challenge and trick people into thinking they are awesome. It is the kim kardashian of gaming. It's famous for being famous, it lacks substance and is all style. I thought the pvp would be its only saving grace but there are other shooters out there that have came out over the past couple of years that are better than this.
    You haven't actually played the game, have you?  The only thing they have done is make loot based on your actual level so you don't get as much garbage (still get some). It may not be dark souls, but the challenging content is just that. They also don't have much of a death penalty, most people actually aren't masochists, so hey, all good! 

What game do you recommend people play then? I'm curious because I'll probably find your suggestion hilarious.