Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Female Character Ran Introduced - Black Desert Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Female Character Ran Introduced - Black Desert Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Kakao and Pearl Abyss are ready to unleash a brand new character in Black Desert Online. According to Steparu, she uses a mini-crescent scythe with a ribbon and a short sword in the off-hand. Ran (pronounced Rhan) also seems to have some gliding skills. She was introduced in this television commercial.

Read the full story here

Tokken

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    She certainly did run through most of the trailer.
    3domMadFrenchieOctagon7711TsiyaConstantineMerusAI724
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Just more money for kakao

NephethcranthugZenJelly
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49

Renoaku said:

ppl need to make up their minds :), if game companies release content/classes/races w/e they are leeching money from ppl, if they don't, the game is dead and they don't care about it to release content. I'm not really sure on what they should be doing :p
    Nephethtruewarlord3domDistopiaAlteiircranthugMrMelGibsonZenJellyApridise[Deleted User]and 3 others.
  • mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

Renoaku said:

just imagine those higherups at kakao drooling over all the money they will make from a new free character class
    truewarlord3domMadFrenchieMrMelGibsonApridise[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusKoriantinfomatz
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    mithoss said:

Renoaku said:

just imagine those higherups at kakao drooling over all the money they will make from a new free character class
    I rather not imagine that thank you very much. I use my imagination for better things  :*
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2017
    This train just keeps on moving.:-)

Cant wait to see more of this class. Looks to be Chinese Wuxia inspired.

Keep up the good work Pearl.
    edited December 2017
    Mikeha said:

Yes I love Wuxia. I love watching Chinese dramas based on Wuxia. I love Xianxia too. Chinese dramas tend to have real sad endings though. Recently my craze was "ten miles of peach blossoms" which was Xianxia. Immortal heroes rather than martial heroes.
    ZenJelly[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

cheyane said:

Mikeha said:

Yes I love Wuxia. I love watching Chinese dramas based on Wuxia. I love Xianxia too. Chinese dramas tend to have real sad endings though. Recently my craze was "ten miles of peach blossoms" which was Xianxia. Immortal heroes rather than martial heroes.

Any "should watch" recommendations?
    ZenJelly

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Roin said:

cheyane said:

Mikeha said:

Nirvana in Fire is very good.
    ZenJellyRoin
    Chamber of Chains
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I just can't get into BDO, it plays much different than any mmo I have played before. I just might be to traditionalist.
    observerZenJelly
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    They may release the male version afterwards since I think the female version of the last class came after the male version.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Weebs everywhere will be thrilled.
    XarkoZenJelly

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    DMKano said:
    I like how she has superglued a metal pauldron to her skin.
    Totally functional.
    [Deleted User]
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

DMKano said:

Female characters have better looking costumes and BDO players love to play dress up.

I wonder if Kakao is just going to abandon making any new male classes 

Christ, you don't half spout some ignorant rubbish -_-
    ZenJelly
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    What they really need to make money is a bikini class, weapons and combat style don't matter at all

>.<

Thank you for your time!

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    DMKano said:

DMKano said:

Female characters have better looking costumes and BDO players love to play dress up.

Satire, you should look it up...

You're asking an average gamer to use a dictionary? You really need to lower your expectations.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    3dom said:
    What they really need to make money is a bikini class, weapons and combat style don't matter at all

>.<
    Scarlet Blade has that market cornered already.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Forgrimm said:
    3dom said:

>.<
    Alas, Scarlet Blade is no more. The Onechanbara series is trying hard though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    lahnmir said:
    Forgrimm said:
    3dom said:

>.<

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It's still available in one form.
  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

DMKano said:

First, YAY I've been waiting for this class to be released since it was just a shadow like, early 2017, so very excited it's almost a reality! ...

Second, Striker was male - Mystic is the female counterpart of Striker. It wouldn't suprise me if we get a male version of this character class at some point.

Almost every class (sides Sorc/Tamer/DK/Ranger/Zerker) have the opposite sex counterpart. They won't abandon it, there's no way. We're just getting the female counterpart first.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Roin said:

cheyane said:

Mikeha said:

Shinobi is a must watch. Its a Japanese movie based on wuxia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475723/
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Forgrimm said:
    lahnmir said:
    Forgrimm said:
    3dom said:

>.<

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It's still available in one form.
    I am so totally not interested, but... where?  :D Never got to experience it so still curious haha

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Xarko
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

DMKano said:

...This shows which of these two actually plays BDO... xD

They may release the male version afterwards since I think the female version of the last class came after the male version.
    Sadly not how it works with this company. If they by some miracle release a popular male class, it will be almost guaranteed to get a female counterpart. The opposite however? Haha... no!

They feed you some bullshit about how each class has to be unique, and then go back on their own words by only applying the rule to one gender. ;)
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited December 2017
    kinido said:

DMKano said:

First, YAY I've been waiting for this class to be released since it was just a shadow like, early 2017, so very excited it's almost a reality! ...

Second, Striker was male - Mystic is the female counterpart of Striker. It wouldn't suprise me if we get a male version of this character class at some point.

Almost every class (sides Sorc/Tamer/DK/Ranger/Zerker) have the opposite sex counterpart. They won't abandon it, there's no way. We're just getting the female counterpart first.
    There'll be 10 female classes vs 6 male ones when this one is out. I'm not so sure that qualifies as "almost every class".
    AlomarPhryjimmywolf

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    It's always nice to see new classes, but I wish they would have shown her fighting skills.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!