Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game sucks up hours before you even notice it?

2»

Comments

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Morrowind, Guild Wars and Fallout 3

This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Hariken said:
    My longest record would be Morrowind back when it launched just on PC. All my friends were playing it and we would meet up at the local pub and talk about what we did or discovered in that game. Man the good old days. LOL i remember upgrading my graphics card so a could have pixel shader 2 for the reflective water.
    Yeah I think Morrowind is one of the best. I downloaded Daggerfall (again) to see if I can make it through the game this time.

I Know that there is a team (a few guys/gals?) who put it in unity and it looks amazing (for what it is) but only the main quest is in so I'm hesitant to play it that way in case I'm missing something.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    In the past, Everquest, City of Heroes, and WoW.

Currently, nothing.
    waynejr2

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2017
    The Total War Series.  Commanding your armies on the battlefield is glorious to do and watch.  You look up after fighting 3-4 battles and notice you've been playing three hours.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    Sovrath

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    What game sucks up hours before you even notice it?

Life... seems like only yesterday I was in the Marines... but that's a good 30 years ago now.
    k61977d_20
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Scot said:
    All those mentioned plus Endless Legend. Its more a type of game really.
    True but I have an easier time to keep track of time in Endless legend then in AoW3 still for some reason. 4X games in general are time consuming but doesn't feel that until I check the time, particularly in multiplayer.

The CIV 4 mod Caveman2Cosmos is probably the worst offender of them all (and the by far best CIV game), Calling it a mod is a bit of an understatement since it actually improves the coding of the game and add 20 times as many techs and units and playing it in multiplayer just sucks time away.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Stellaris
    laxie

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    MMORPG.com, reddit, twitter, Cities Skylines

MMORPG.com for hardcore forum PvP and to get those precious WTFs, LOLs are secondary, the rest I don't care about but they give me points so I do actually care even though I say I don't

Reddit to get as many points as possible. I have over 1k so far! 

Twitter to post random crap no one cares about

Cities Skylines cause I love city builders

Phaserlight

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Warframe for me
    d_20
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Morrowind
    WoW
    M&M 6
    Diablo 1

Currently nothing although the new Xenoblade game could go there...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Ahh, the inverted-Narnia effect.

In 2015:

Massive Chalice

This year:

Darkest Dungeon
    Elder Scrolls Legends
    RimWorld

I would like to add Vendetta Online, but honestly I've been playing for so long I've got my time pretty well metered-out if that makes any sense.  It's easy for me to play VO for 1.5 hours with intention (it also helps that there is an in-game /time command).  In the recent case of RimWorld I thought it was maybe 10 pm, looked at the clock and realized it was 1 am.  I lost a good three hours like it was nothing.
    immodium

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited December 2017
    As of lately this game for me is Divinity: Original Sin 2. I knew that it would be a very good one but man did it suck me in. Last night i raise my head and see that the clock is ticking past 01:30 realizing that i had to be up for work in less than 6 hours. And there so much quality content in this game. I'm already 60 hours in and still adventuring in act 2.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Conan exiles for me:

I wanted to explore the dregs dungeon, couldn't figure out how to get into it, explored in the corrupted area, found a huge snake. Then I went to a city to the left of the corrupted city and killed a bunch and setup a new base to thrall the heck out of it. 

I already thralled the hell out of the pirate ship, now this new area, then i'll move it up to my main base that's under the frozen area. I'll build that up like a mofo. 

Surprisingly, not Path of Exile, i got a char to 93, my highest in HC, then I just decided, I'd accomplished what I wanted to accomplish, so i'll be done with the game for awhile it seems. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.