Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple Questions

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
Greetings,

So lately I'll say I've been enjoying ESO  which is a plus for me :) A couple of questions I have so far is.. Are mounts account wide or do they need to be bought for each toon?  I got the Ice Wolf from a free crate today that's why I'm asking. When it comes to Cyrodiil PvP which factions are the most populated for PC/NA compared to the others? Right now I believe I'm with EP? I'm a Dark Elf so I think that's who I'm with.  I don't know much about the lore so please forgive me :)

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yes the mounts, costumes, etc. are all account wide. But the skills to ride them faster, carry more on them, and not get dismounted by combat as easily are character based - you train those at any stable once every 20 hours - it's a very long haul to get the skills maxed.

As to the alliance pop, they have always been pretty even.

There's a campaign for those level 10-49 that's always a good place to start.
    Truvidien88
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Iselin said:
    Yes the mounts, costumes, etc. are all account wide. But the skills to ride them faster, carry more on them, and not get dismounted by combat as easily are character based - you train those at any stable once every 20 hours - it's a very long haul to get the skills maxed.

Does this count for the mounts you would buy from the stable from in game gold? 
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Iselin said:

Yes it does.
    Truvidien88
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited December 2017
    Iselin said:

Yes it does.
    This doesn't count as if you already have a mount? You still need to pay the 10k to use it?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:

Yes it does.
    This doesn't count as if you already have a mount? You still need to pay the 10k to use it?
    Any mount, whether you buy it in game or from the crown store, in-game gift from ZOS (as they recently did for anyone with Morrowind) or just part of the ESO edition you bought, goes into your account-wide collections UI under the mounts tab. Any current or future characters can use it from level 1 by hitting "U" to bring up the interface, going to that tab and just clicking on it to make it active.

The per-character cost is the riding lessons you buy at stables (or from the crown store) that improve one of the three riding skills - those are character based. The cost of those lessons is 250g for each skill-up and it is limited to once per 20 real world hours.

There are a total of 180 riding skill points so to get the riding skill on one character maxed it will cost you 45,000 in game gold but it's spread out over at least 150 days so you won't even notice the cost.
    Truvidien88[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED