Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Electronic Arts Were 100 Percent Honest With Us

NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

[Deleted User]HeraseRexKushmanPhryLoke666Octagon7711

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    This is some funny shit.   Its 100% true.  This is exactly why I fought against Cash shops and F2P in MMORPGS.   Because you get bullshit like ArcheAge, and the rest of the garbage F2P cash grabs.   Yea F2P players can complain all they want about paying a $15 a month subscription HOWEVER a subscription is the best solution for online games.   Now I agree that $15 a month for some games like SWTOR is not worth it.   But you can come up with different subscription amounts.   $4.99 to $12.99.   If you take Battle Front 2 and turned it into a $5 a month subscription or $9.99 for 2 or 3 months it would 100% better than loot crap that you get today.  

When you have Online servers that run a game you have to have a revenue stream for that.  The most Fair method is a subscription.   You either pay it or you dont period.  None of this Gamble box BS because it does not matter if you have a cosmetic shop or not, people dont spend much money if at all in these shops.   Just like HOTS for me, Yea in 3 months of playing I bought 1 character in there it cost me $8s I think.  I also wanted more heroes but I was not going to buy each hero.  BUT if they charged me $4 to $8 per month or 2 months or what ever for full access I would have done that.  The Nickle and Diming BS is real.   Why do you think I no longer play most games today?  Because if you put this into your game I am just not going to play this crap.   

This is what happens when you have Always On Gaming.  They could do the Starcraft Model which was B2P game and B2P Expansions and still make a crap ton of money.  The Only Online piece is the servers to match up players, not to run the game itself.  These 2 systems were far superior to anything today.  But we seem to have to cater to the people who dont want to spend a dime to play which causes Loot Boxes.  
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    O and Again you dont need $15 a month subs for everything.  You can get away with a $4.99 for 3 month sub for games like Battle Front 2 and $20 - $40 expansions fro Battle Front 2.  There would be money there to be made.   $15 a month subs are for MMORPGS that are worth of the money, If they are not you can have $7.99 a month subs for games like Rift, and SWTOR which would bring more people in.  If Rift was not a mess like it is today and it was $7.99 I might play again.  Same with SWTOR.   With Classic WOW servers I will Gladly pay $15 a month, or for SWG Pre-CU.   Games need better more flexible Subscription models.   Hell even to the point of having X amount of Pre-Paid hours.  This would be 100 times better than Gamble boxes.  So that person who only plays 10 hours a month can buy a block of time for $4.99.   

Just give them full access to the content for X amount of hours or unlimited based on cost.  
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    DMKano said:
    Has anyone ever been 100% honest?

Why do we put impossible expectations on companies when no person can do the same.

Yup.  Adults learn this....
    Distopia
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    DMKano said:

Why do we put impossible expectations on companies when no person can do the same.

What impossible expectation, specifically, are you referring to?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    waynejr2 said:
    DMKano said:

Old Turkish proverb, he who always tells the truth rides with one foot in the stirrups.

MrMelGibsonNevereverland

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited November 2017
    danwest58 said:
    This is some funny shit.   Its 100% true.  This is exactly why I fought against Cash shops and F2P in MMORPGS.   ...
    the thing I keep trying to tell people is to not play those games in the first place. Dont bother trying to get to bad developers to stop doing bad things just dont buy those games in the first place. because if they are stupid enough to add such items it should be clear to everyone that they do not understand gaming, so what other retarded design choices are they going to make.

where the REAL scam is to be completely frank is in the marketing of convincing kids the only place worth looking at games is AAA. THAT is where the real problem is
    RexKushmanacidbloodpostlarval

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    DMKano said:

It's a parody...
    Aethaeryn

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    DMKano said:

When someone is dishonest with me I call them on it.  If it's a company I do the same.   Why would you excuse and accept dishonesty from anyone or anything?  

Sorry I can't even imagine the mentality that justifies being lied to...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited December 2017
    Some people have a much more difficult time sleeping than others *glares at EA*. Besides, we're all numbers according to companies and websites - Look up at your address bar! ;-)
    Isaiah 41:10
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    DMKano said:

It's a matter of degree.  Plus karma can be a *****.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    danwest58 said:
    This is some funny shit.   Its 100% true.  This is exactly why I fought against Cash shops and F2P in MMORPGS.   

How are you going to "fight" cash shops and f2p? Ranting on forums does not seem to work.

You can choose not to give them money .. but that is done by most of their players anyway, except the whales.

In fact, when i enjoy warframe for free, am i "fighting" f2p?
    DMKano said:

When someone is dishonest with me I call them on it.  If it's a company I do the same.   Why would you excuse and accept dishonesty from anyone or anything?  

Well, Jack said it best 

MadFrenchieConstantineMerusAlbatroesMrMelGibson

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Well, Jack said it best 

Funny thing is I once did this in writing as a comment Slapshot as well :D
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You want a company to be 100% honest and say they want you to give them more money for a lower quality product, or better yet a an unfinished product and continue to give you money to buy never ending pieces of it? It sounds crazy enough that it just might....wait no it wouldn't work
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:
    waynejr2 said:
    DMKano said:

Old Turkish proverb, he who always tells the truth rides with one foot in the stirrups.

I find that one kind of problematic because the meaning can be seen from the other side too.

Many reporters were arrested in Turkey for writing critical articles about the government.
    They all were arrested for "spreading terrorist propaganda" without actually facing trials because the new Turkish law allows you to put someone in jail for years without bringing them to court.

So yeah this proverb strikes me in a bad way.
    Krematory
    Harbinger of Fools
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Well, Jack said it best 

Jack ended up in jail...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    DMKano said:

Expecting dishonesty and accepting it quietly is one thing.  Watching something happen to an industry that you disagree with and having someone tell you its not happening is different than accepting that people lie.  Also people don't put out press releases and official comments / statements or have conference calls with investors when they chat with friends, buy coffee or cheat on their spouses. . and in those cases as well. . they should be called out if they are full of crap.

Also,  the video is supposed to be taken lightly. . it is satirical and maybe a little sarcastic.   
    Slapshot1188ConstantineMerus

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Nothing is 100% honest with you, no company, no person...your dog is not honest with you. Nor can you expect them to be, you are not 100% honest after all. But once you realise this you can establish a fair basis for interaction.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    DMKano said:

Probably but I can't think of anyone at the moment. However, 100% might be unrealistic but 25% at least would be nice.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:

In a consumer relationship you don't need to accept anything, speak with your dollars, very few companies are honest with you, if any are at all....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

In a consumer relationship you don't need to accept anything, speak with your dollars, very few companies are honest with you, if any are at all....
    And of course I choose not to accept it.   I don't own SWBF2 nor ME:SOW...  I have never bought a season pass... my first loot box game was Fortnite (I ignored them in ESO and other games).  I never realized just how ridiculous the concept was until I saw the Llamas...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

And of course I choose not to accept it.   I don't own SWBF2 nor ME:SOW...  I have never bought a season pass... my first loot box game was Fortnite (I ignored them in ESO and other games).  I never realized just how ridiculous the concept was until I saw the Llamas...

That's all we can really do, hence why I pretty much moved to strictly single player and lan games  for most of the last year, plenty of awesome games to play with no monetary intrusions what so ever (outside of the random DLC of course which are hit or miss, and in most cases not needed). 

Just some examples of great games I feel no intrusiveness in...

Divinity OS 1+2 (great to lan with the wife)

Bloodbowl Legendary edition ( My wife and I were rather surprised how fun this is) we love board games..

Xcom:EW and Xcom 2

Age of Wonders 3 as well as CIv 5 ( great to lan when wanting a slower pace)

ConstantineMerus

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited December 2017
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

That's all we can really do, hence why I pretty much moved to strictly single player and lan games  for most of the last year, plenty of awesome games to play with no monetary intrusions what so ever (outside of the random DLC of course which are hit or miss, and in most cases not needed). 

Just some examples of great games I feel no intrusiveness in...

Divinity OS 1+2 (great to lan with the wife)

Bloodbowl Legendary edition ( My wife and I were rather surprised how fun this is) we love board games..

Xcom:EW and Xcom 2

Age of Wonders 3 as well as CIv 5 ( great to lan when wanting a slower pace)

Thing is...if people just open their mind a bit and dont consider it a social rejection to not buy into a AAA title they might notice that there is a fuck TON of great games out there.

EA has been a shitty developer/publisher now for more than a decade

DistopiaConstantineMerus

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Kyleran said:
    waynejr2 said:
    DMKano said:

On the other hand... he who always tells lies is a piece of shit.
    Slapshot1188

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Well, Jack said it best 

Jack ended up in jail...
    Sure, he told the truth,  should have kept his mouth shut.

;)