Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life is Feudal - I made a mistake and bought into EA

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I bought into the LiF MMO early access for $29.99.  I should have known better.  It won't load past the "Loading World (8/9)" portion.  Do yourself a favor:  Be smarter than me and avoid early access crap.

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I Googled and other people are having the same problem, as discussed on the main forums.  I might be able to find a solution there, IF it didn't tell me that I don't have permission to read the fucking forums to begin with, despite being logged in and having purchased game access.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I Googled and other people are having the same problem, as discussed on the main forums.  I might be able to find a solution there, IF it didn't tell me that I don't have permission to read the fucking forums to begin with, despite being logged in and having purchased game access.
    Pm a mod on the forums, I did that almost a year ago. Game is about digging and grouping. 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    yup, i learned my lesson with Shroud of the Avatar they are liars and don't give what players want!
    GdemamiLeFantomeXarkoRexKushman
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I was able to access the forums by just logging out of my account.  How funny is that?  I can access the forums logged out, but not logged in with my paid account.  Anyway, the loading problem is a known issue that they are supposed to be working on.  There is a temp fix discovered by players.  My frustration is eased a bit.  I'm concerned that this game may be the ultimate gankfest (knew that going in, can't say they don't warn you) but I'm hopeful that can be alleviated to some extent by joining a strong guild.  Sorry for the continuous paragraph, pressing enter here still doesn't advance me a line ever since the site update.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Well I have run into one guild who seemed cool I am on 'their' island but I am basically naked and have a shovel so if they kill me sobeit.

I was going to run up to the middle of the map and check out the trading area icons but it looks like it might take 2 hours to get there from where I am. It would surely test the whole can you walk around and not get ganked question. Its literally half the map away I am sure I would run into someone along the way.

I am not going to 'play' the open beta anyway so good time to test all the theories I suppose. Plus obviously exp[lore the map and what I assume are game generated centers.
  • feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Well I bought this crap today and started downloading. I set up an account and came back 30 minutes or so later and got an invalid password message. I reset my password and installed. Once the install was complete I press play and it prompts me for email and password. I get cr_invalid account message. I click on the support option and do a search and it recommends I reset my password. So once again I reset my password. I get the email to reset click ling and it won't bring up the page to reset. I know its open beta and all but I am not impressed at all. If I can just cancel my purchase at this point and delete I would be more than happy. If anyone is considering trying this in open beta I would suggest they find another game to play and not waste their time with this one.

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I like the concept of this game but the unfinished, early access is a put off, that and in practice when I watch any video it looks like "Progress Bar: the Game".

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    And yet another one has come and will go just like the others. :*
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Mikeha said:
    And yet another one has come and will go just like the others. :*

Are you talking about the games you have as sig? I totally agree.
    Shiner219Xoph
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Its unfortunate how some players experience a slow load time and then instantly blame the entire early access market.

for me early access has been a life transforming gaming experience for the better overall.
    but to be fair if you are already enjoying your gaming life as I am then its not really that important but here is a small list of outstanding early access titles

Space Engineers,Medieval Engineers,7 Days to Die,Imperium Galactic Survival,The Forest,Subnautica,Life is Feudal,Stranded Deep,From the Depths,Kerbal Space Program,StarMade,Another Brick in the Mall,Elite Dangerous,Kenshi,RimWorld,Hospitalize,Kingdoms,Wurm Unlimited,My Summer Car

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me